RamWraith is offline Registered User

Hargrove suspened one year

Posted by Mike Florio on January 19, 2008, 9:14 a.m.
    Our friend Howard Balzer of the Sports Xchange and Sirius NFL Radio reports (via WKBW-TV in Buffalo) that Bills defensive end Anthony Hargrove has recently failed a drug test.

Because Hargrove has been suspended four games for violation of the substance-abuse policy within the last two years, the failed test most likely will trigger a one-year suspension.

Hargrove was traded to the Bills in 2006 from the Rams, after Hargrove went AWOL for several days during the regular season.

Heíll be an unrestricted free agent in March. And if heís suspended for a year, itís pretty safe to assume he wonít draw many offers.

Hargrove appeared in 12 games in 2007, starting in none of them. He had 18 tackles, 10 assists, and 1.5 sacks

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Hargrove Faces One-year Suspension

I guess I will never understand how and why these guys continue to screw up there lives and careers.

viper is offline Registered User

I agree, JK, they just don't get it. They are on top of the world and they risk throwing it all away for what, a short term indugence for instant gratification. Besides any laws that they've broken, they are guilty of immaturity in the first degree.

"Just say no to drugs" Drink beer!!! :beer:
    Last edited by viper; -01-19-2008 at 02:43 PM.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Like many before him, great talent, no functional brain. One year of college, very short pro career, it wont be long before mr hargrove is either saying "Sir, would you like to supersize that" or returning to work as a baggage handler at delta. Frankly, i have no problem at all and respect hard working people that work as baggage handlers, my issue is just the waste of talent and opportunity.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Yeah, I too wonder what the hell they're thinking.

What's wrong with the guys playing (American) football? I've watched quite a lot of other sports including a lot of (European) football (which have several orders of magnitude more players than NFL), and many other sports. And I have NEVER seen such a bunch of jerks as the players in the NFL. Shootings, using drugs, murders, dealing drugs, domestic abuse, drunk driving. What is wrong with the NFL compared to other sports?

Something is wrong, and you don't see it in any other sports that I'm aware of. Sure you may see one or two cases, but in the NFL it's several guys on every team every year getting into this ****, it's a significant percentage.

I don't get it.
    Last edited by RamOfDenmark; -01-20-2008 at 11:49 PM.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: Hargrove suspened one year

NFL suspends Bills' DE Hargrove for season after he violated substance abuse policy third time

By JOHN WAWROW, AP Sports Writer
    January 21, 2008

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -- Buffalo Bills defensive end Anthony Hargrove was suspended without pay for all next season Monday by the NFL after violating the league's substance abuse policy a third time.

The violation was Hargrove's second since August, when he was suspended without pay for the first four games of the regular season.

A third violation triggers an automatic one-year suspension, and Hargrove must apply to commissioner Roger Goodell for reinstatement.

The NFL did not disclose how Hargrove violated the policy. Violations can result from positive tests, failure to cooperate in the testing program or failing to comply with a treatment plan.

Hargrove's agent, Philip Williams, was out of the country and not immediately available for comment.

The Bills declined comment beyond issuing an NFL release announcing the suspension, which came three weeks after Buffalo (7-9) completed its season.

Though Hargrove has said he hoped to re-sign with the Bills, his future in Buffalo was already uncertain. He has completed his one-year contract and was eligible to become a free agent this offseason.

In 12 games last season, Hargrove finished with 46 tackles and 1 1/2 sacks, and proved to be a capable backup behind starters Aaron Schobel and Chris Kelsay.

Outgoing and well-liked by his Bills teammates, Hargrove has been unable to stay out of trouble during a five-year NFL career, including the past two with Buffalo.

A week before he was suspended in August, Hargrove was involved in an altercation with police outside a Rochester nightclub during an off-day at Bills training camp in nearby Pittsford. That resulted in a $300 fine, and Hargrove was ordered to perform 200 hours of community service after pleading guilty to disorderly conduct.

Hargrove has said he regretted his actions.

The Bills acquired Hargrove, a 2004 third-round selection out of Georgia Tech, in a trade with St. Louis in October 2006, soon after he lost his starting job with the Rams for skipping two days of practice and meetings.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Hargrove suspened one year

He's done, Linehan was right on that one.