This was yesterday...

Panthers bench QB Matt Moore
Associated Press
Sunday, September 19, 2010

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Carolina Panthers quarterback Matt Moore has been benched in favor of rookie Jimmy Clausen in the fourth quarter against Tampa Bay.

Moore was pulled after getting sacked and losing a fumble on the previous possession with the Buccaneers leading 20-7 on Sunday.

Moore, who started despite suffering a concussion in a Week 1 loss, completed just 6 of 16 passes for 125 yards, one touchdown and one interception.

Clausen starred at Notre Dame and was taken by the Panthers with the 48th overall pick after a surprising slide in the draft.

And now today, from a Panthers beat writer and Rotoworld's take on his statement...

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Gantt
Fox will hedge, but for the life of me I can't imagine not starting Clausen vs. CIN. Jake got more chances than Matt because he earned them.
about 3 hours ago via web Retweeted by 2 people
Beat writer Darin Gantt thinks that Jimmy Clausen will start for the Panthers in Week 3.

John Fox declined to make a decision on his starting quarterback immediately following Sunday's loss to the Bucs, during which he replaced Matt Moore with Clausen. "I don't think Matt's been benched by any stretch," Fox said. "Yet, we'll start whoever gives us the best chance to win next week." The Panthers might as well go with the rookie as Moore has proven his December numbers from last season were a mirage.

Is the Clausen era may be beginning in Carolina?