Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Hedgecock has something to say:

A Clip from the New York Post

Signed after the first game of the season, former Ram Madison Hedgecock appears to have found a home as the Giants fullback.

"I got an opportunity here and I've got to make the best of it, because I think they did me a wrong in St. Louis, I didn't deserve none of that," he said.

Hedgecock spent the past two years in St. Louis, but was cut by first-year Rams coach Scott Linehan after the season opener.

"Why would you get rid of a key person in your offense after your first game?" Hedgecock asked. "I made the team, I played the first game. The head coach had a guy he wanted to bring in, one of his old players."

Reminded that the Rams are 0-6, Hedgecock added: "Yeah, 0-6, I'm happy. Every day they lose, I laugh. And every day we win, I laugh."

Milan is offline Registered User

Re: Hedgecock has something to say:

Every time Madison gets stuffed behind the line by a LB he's supposed to block, I laugh.

yawn .............. another EX Ram spouting cwap. and its in his forum why?

RamWraith is offline Registered User

So what you are saying is that this has no direct connections to the Rams. That a former player talks about the current state of the team and his position on a direct connection has no reflection on anything that we Ram may want to know....hhhhhmmmmmm....interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    and its in his forum why?

well no, I never said any of that.

what I said is .... "and its in this forum why?"

as per the rules Jason, as per the rules.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    A Clip from the New York Post

Signed after the first game of the season, former Ram Madison Hedgecock appears to have found a home as the Giants fullback.

"I got an opportunity here and I've got to make the best of it, because I think they did me a wrong in St. Louis, I didn't deserve none of that," he said.

Reminded that the Rams are 0-6, Hedgecock added: "Yeah, 0-6, I'm happy. Every day they lose, I laugh. And every day we win, I laugh."
    So Hedgecock doesn't have any friends on the RAMS? It's one thing to be upset with the Headcoach and maybe the organization but what about the guys he went to work with? 0-6 makes him happy and he laughs when they lose? Man I wish we played the Giants this season! He just burned 1 bridge. There's no crying in football!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Wow, talk about sour grapes. Obviously he was cut because of bad grammar.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -10-20-2007 at 01:07 PM.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

[QUOTE=r8rh8rmike;194419]
    "I got an opportunity here and I've got to make the best of it, because I think they did me a wrong in St. Louis, I didn't deserve none of that," he said./QUOTE]

Wow, talk about sour grapes. Obviously he was cut because of bad grammar.
    Or Linehan only excepts 4 letter words?

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

I don't think he literally meant that he laughs every time he loses. I think what he was trying to do was vent his frustration about being cut after he already made the team. If I was in his place I would be pretty upset if I made the team only to be cut after the first game and be replaced by a player who used to play for the head coach.

He has alot of reasons to be mad about being cut. He works hard only to get his legs chopped out from underneath him, and be replaced? Not a good way for the head coach to earn the respect of the players.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

replaced by a player that used to play for the head coach.....hmmmm....do you see a pattern?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    replaced by a player that used to play for the head coach.....hmmmm....do you see a pattern?
    Yes, and I see it all over the NFL.

Actually I do think he was cut in part because Linehan saw someone else he liked more in the free agent pool (Richard Owens); this isn't abnormal in the NFL for coaches to prefer their players.

Let's remember that Linehan and company also brought in Paul Smith last season to compete with Hedgecock, whom Smith eventually surpassed as the starter. It should be noted Smith had previously been with the Lions, where offensive coordinator Greg Olson had spent time.

So obviously Linehan wanted to upgrade the position of fullback because there was something about Hedgecock he wasn't sold on. Maybe he wanted someone who could do more with the ball in their hand or someone who is capable of being moved around more as an H-back, which I think Owens is.

I think it's interesting though that Linehan didn't go out and sign Owens the day after he was cut (9/1). The Rams actually waited ten days and played a game between the time Owens was cut and the time he was signed with the Rams. That kind of makes me wonder if Linehan wanted to get a good look at Hedgecock against Carolina and then make his decision after that. The timeline seems to fit; the Rams signed Owens a day after the Panthers loss.

It would be interesting to go back and rewatch that game to see how Hedge looked.
    Last edited by Nick; -10-20-2007 at 02:19 PM.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It would be interesting to go back and rewatch that game to see how Hedge looked.
    I am at a big loss this year with no nfl ticket. I can't watch the games, I can't record the games, I can't look back at games that have gone by. I am lost this year, so take my comments for what they are, someone far away with no real view of the games.

It could be interesting to go back and watch Hedgecocks performance that game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hey, dont take my comments about him the wrong way, I do think he got the short straw here, I like the guy.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=RamWraith;194394] A Clip from the New York Postcause I think they did me a wrong in St. Louis, I didn't deserve none of that,"QUOTE]

I think I hear a Country-Western song comin' on here somewhere. Or maybe we can have Jeff Foxworthy do a Red Neck video with "Mad dog" Madison at home at his trailer in Dump Water, NC as he whittles on his front porch and spits tobacky juice.

WHAT SAY YE?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Honestly, I can understand why he's mad. Of course I don't like to hear that he laughs when we lose, but he lost his starting fullback position to a guy who couldn't even hold down a backup tight end spot on another team.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast