Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Hedgecock has something to say:

I understand him. He went from (what is now) a 0-7 team to a 5-2 team. He's not the typical H-back that Linehan has always utilized, so he was obviously in a square peg and round hole situation here. He's moving forward in a scheme that fits his skills, so I'm sure he's happy. That's just the business, folks.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I understand him. He went from (what is now) a 0-7 team to a 5-2 team. He's not the typical H-back that Linehan has always utilized, so he was obviously in a square peg and round hole situation here. He's moving forward in a scheme that fits his skills, so I'm sure he's happy. That's just the business, folks.
    True, but I think it's still sour grapes also.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

viper is offline Registered User

These guys take it personally, which is understandable. Does anyone remember Furry's antics last year and he was a real team player?

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    So Hedgecock doesn't have any friends on the RAMS? It's one thing to be upset with the Headcoach and maybe the organization but what about the guys he went to work with? 0-6 makes him happy and he laughs when they lose? Man I wish we played the Giants this season! He just burned 1 bridge. There's no crying in football!
    Thank the good lord we don't play the giants this year. Seriously. You saw what Ernest Graham did to us. What do you think Brandon Jacobs will do? I don't want the first 200 yard rushing performance this season to be against us.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Can we please deal in reality for a minute. Has anyone on the board ever been fired from a job? When you got fired, did you walk out the door and hope that the company did great after you left? Especially considering this wasnt a mass layoff for economic downturn purposes. Hedgehung is a human being and i dont think he is reacting differently than almost anyone else would only he is being brutally honest about it.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

general counsel is offline Registered User

RamBo, i dont follow your argument at all. We havent given up a single 100 yard rushing game to anyone this year. I dont know why you are talking about a 200 yard game. Our run defense has been excellent this year.

Our offense is potentially the worst in the history of the team, but the defense, especially the run defense, has played well and you can thank the drafting of carriker and ryan for that.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

itsguud is offline Registered User

Hey i agree with Hedge, although i never thought he was at all useful. I laugh everytime the Rams lose because of stupid personell changes Linehan has amde too. He has taken a team that was in a rough spot and turned it into the worst team in NFL history. This team is horrible, from the Kicker to the HC... I can't wait for 2012. I figure it takes us at least that long to repair the amount of Damage Martz, and now Linehan have caused this team.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Can we please deal in reality for a minute. Has anyone on the board ever been fired from a job? When you got fired, did you walk out the door and hope that the company did great after you left? Especially considering this wasnt a mass layoff for economic downturn purposes. Hedgehung is a human being and i dont think he is reacting differently than almost anyone else would only he is being brutally honest about it.
    I don't know GC, it would be one thing for him to say he doesn't think he was treated fairly or that he thinks the Rams made a mistake by getting rid of him, but taking pleasure in his former teams misery and misfortune is a bit classless and looks like sour grapes to me. He's in a better situation now and could have easily taken the high road here.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Thanks to his comments I laugh everytime he blows a block or drops a perfect pass when he's wide open in the flat.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I don't know GC, it would be one thing for him to say he doesn't think he was treated fairly or that he thinks the Rams made a mistake by getting rid of him, but taking pleasure in his former teams misery and misfortune is a bit classless and looks like sour grapes to me. He's in a better situation now and could have easily taken the high road here.
    Agreed, that was my point also. I have no problem with Hedge saying he feels he wasn't treated fairly, that's not sour grapes. The taking pleasure in us losing where I'm sure he must have had some friends on the team is sour grapes.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

The Rams give up 126.9 rushing yards per game. You can't use the "no 100 yard rusher" excuse anymore because teams these days utilize a 2 RB attack. We haven't given up a 100 yard rusher, but we give up 100+ rushing yards a game.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

The Panthers and Cowboys used two backs against us, but the *****, Seahawks, Ravens, and Cardinals used one back almost exclusively.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I'd be mad as well, but he sounds like a you know what hole...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAM-BO View Post
    The Rams give up 126.9 rushing yards per game. You can't use the "no 100 yard rusher" excuse anymore because teams these days utilize a 2 RB attack. We haven't given up a 100 yard rusher, but we give up 100+ rushing yards a game.
    As Fleece pointed out, we've seen both feature back sets and 2-back sets. The 2-back sets (Carolina, Tampa, Dallas) handled us....180 yards/game, 5.23 ypc. However, against feature backs (SF, Arizona, Baltimore, Seattle), including each of the last 3 weeks, the run D has been downright dominant.....92 yards/game, 3.01 ypc.

The question is: Has the run D improved that much over the past 3 weeks, or is there just that much difference between the committee sets and the feature back sets?

The question is not: Is the Rams run D much improved?

That one has already been answered.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Thanks to his comments I laugh everytime he blows a block or drops a perfect pass when he's wide open in the flat.
    Which by the way he did last Sunday against the Whiners. The ball hit him in a bad spot, right in the hands. STIFF!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast