Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    KoaKoi is offline Registered User

Re: Hedgecock rips into Linehan

I don't know, Nick. I don't think it proves that the claims of an attitude problem are necessarily valid. He obviously feels cheated and insulted and for good reason. If Linehan wanted to make a change he could have done that during the many months of offseason.... instead, he booted him out the door after the first reg season game. There's no call for that. That's either an intentional slight, or it's a very disorganized coach who's not sure what direction to go in. Either way, by waiting until the 1st game to cut him vastly decreased Madison's ability to shop himself around as a free agent in the offseason and find a new team. Then when he found a team, he had to move and make all the other changes that go with moving, plus get up to speed with the new team. I think I'd be pissed too.

As it is, the Hedge got lucky and now he's kicking Linehan when he's down. Hopefully everyone has vented and it'll be over and done with. Hedge has a game to think about, and Linehan has a team to worry about.

respectfullly submitted...

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Being cut and rejected from a team has made Hedgecock angry. You would think that he would be looking ahead instead of looking to the past, but I guess he can't resist getting his thoughts about Linehan and the Rams printed in the press.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by KoaKoi View Post
    I don't know, Nick. I don't think it proves that the claims of an attitude problem are necessarily valid.
    I didn't say it proves they're valid, but I think it suggests there might be some validity to them. Since he's release he's taken two opportunities to badmouth this coach/team. Is that really the sign of a guy with a great attitude? Whether or not his position is justified shouldn't matter - he's on a new team and will be there for a while. On top of that he's playing in a Super Bowl next weekend so it's not like he's got nothing to prepare for or talk about.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

ex player, being moved to NFL talk

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Being cut and rejected from a team has made Hedgecock angry. You would think that he would be looking ahead instead of looking to the past, but I guess he can't resist getting his thoughts about Linehan and the Rams printed in the press.
    exactly, i couldent agree with you more, i mean his team is going to the superbowl you would think that it would dull the pain. maybe he just loved playing for the rams so who knows it may have upset him so much when he got released.
    Built RAM tough

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

What a sappy interpretation of the situation. To declare him "spending your time taking shots at your former coach?" is LAUGHABLE at best. The man was ANSWERING QUESTIONS THAT WERE ASKED OF HIM....PERIOD. Its called being HONEST. Clearly...in your world...nothing (or very little) could ever be the current Ram coaches fault.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

So who did interview him? Bernie? or someone else? Do we know? Maybe the person asking the questions is looking for some drama to spice up the offseason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Fargo Ram Fan View Post
    The man was ANSWERING QUESTIONS THAT WERE ASKED OF HIM....PERIOD. Its called being HONEST.
    And he could have simply said something like, "It's in the past, and I've moved on. I'm part of a great team now and we need to be focusing on the Patriots."

Instead, he chose to take another opportunity (remember he got one back in October) to badmouth this coaching staff - he said it himself, "I can't even be nice about it any more."

Okay, if he can't be nice about it, what he could do is simply not talk about it and move on with his Super Bowl preparations and the team he signed a five-year deal with. Just because a person is asked a question doesn't mean he's forced to answer it, and the manner in which Hedgecock answered I think opens up some questions about him.

Clearly...in your world...nothing (or very little) could ever be the current Ram coaches fault.
    I just said in this thread that cutting him was a mistake because of the lack of a viable replacement, so that seems like a pretty inaccurate conclusion.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

What a sappy interpretation of the situation. To declare him "spending your time taking shots at your former coach?" is LAUGHABLE at best. The man was ANSWERING QUESTIONS THAT WERE ASKED OF HIM....PERIOD. Its called being HONEST.
    What's laughable here is the that Hedgecock is going to play in the Super Bowl and he want's to talk about his former coach. His former coach?? Maybe Madison should focus on the Patriots instead?

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Finger pointing from both sides is the way I see this.

Big egos at work here and I can sympathize with Hedgecock wanting to defend himself.

If Hedgecock is telling the truth, which I have no proof of either way, then Linehan (and possibly some other Rams players) derserves the same criticism in the context of 'Bad Attitude'. I also overheard, from an anouncer, during a TV broadcast, that Jackson had complained about the decision of letting Hedgecock go. Should Jackson not be criticized for a bad attitude towards decisions made by his coaches?

Hedgecock remains upset by something Rams teammates told him after his release: Rams coaches disliked his attitude.
    Linehan is the leader. Leaders should not inform those who they lead of every detail involving their decisions. That is poor leadership. Linehan could simply of told the other players "He is gone and we move on from here - End of story". And what of the Rams players who supposedly repeated what they had heard from the coaches? Should they not be criticized as well?

Personally, I am not privy to what was said or not said. Perhaps Hedgecock is lying. However, I have not read anything in which Rams players come forward and deny Hedgecock's story in defense of their head coach, whom I would assume they respect and support. They do respect and support Linehan's attitude, demeanor, decisions and motivational efforts -Don't They?

:l

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I sympathize with Hedgecock here. Maybe it wasn't the classiest thing to do to bad-mouth his former employer to the media, but from his perspective he was released from a job he had earned only to be replaced by some kid his boss had a soft spot for. I suppose I would be bitter about that, too. After all, it is pretty rare for a team to cut a starter mid-season and replace him with a marginal backup/special teamer who was cut from another team.

With these comments about Linehan being so boring, he probably feels like he's speaking for the other guys still on the team that aren't at liberty to say what they feel about him.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    What has Hedgecock done for the Giants besides drop passes?

What none of the Rams blockers could do this year- open up holes for the running back. Every time I watched a Giant game this year, he was instrumental in springing the RB for a gain. Every game I watched, the announcers were also raving about what a great job he was doing a blocking back and how Linehan must have been out of his mind for letting him go.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

He was on a St. Louis sports show being asked these specific questions and he answered them, how does that suddenly make his character "suspect"? I can tell some of you have never been fired and then had your ex-boss lie about you after you were gone. Well that has happened to me and I let anybody who wanted to know my opinion on the situation hear it, just like what Hedgecock did. Remember, in Hedgecock's mind (and mine too) it was Linehan who started this by saying he cut him for having a bad attitude. This from the SAME coach who kept Claude Terrell around forever, even after he mouthed off to him during practice. And need I mention Wroten and Byrd? But yet Linehan somehow cut Hedgecock for having a bad attitude? HA! The lengths some of you are going to defend Linehan is getting laughable.

And not only that, but how about giving Hedge a little bit of respect? He was a good fullback, not great but good. And to say "well the only reason it was a mistake to cut him is because we didn't have a good replacement" is disingenuous. People like Jacobs, Coughlin, the Giants FO, Troy Aikman have all praised him and questioned us for releasing him. What, do you guys just know more about football then these people?

Is there a video or audio clip of this St Louis sports show so that we fans can hear the interview? When was the interview?

Getting bits and pieces from said interview does not give us enough information to make valid assumptions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    Remember, in Hedgecock's mind (and mine too) it was Linehan who started this by saying he cut him for having a bad attitude. This from the SAME coach who kept Claude Terrell around forever, even after he mouthed off to him during practice. And need I mention Wroten and Byrd?
    First, you say Linehan started this by saying he was cut for having a bad attitude. Where did Linehan say that?

According to Hedgecock, he was told by Rams players that Rams coaches disliked his attitude. I don't think that necessarily means Linehan or another coach specifically told them that; it could have been something they inferred. We simply don't know either way.

Secondly, I agree with your latter point - Byrd should definitely be gone this offseason, Wroten at least on the bubble.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -01-25-2008, 11:52 PM