Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Hill replaces struggling Bruce in San Fran

Hill replaces struggling Bruce
    By MATT MAIOCCO
    THE PRESS DEMOCRAT
    Published: Sunday, November 8, 2009 at 8:30 p.m.

SAN FRANCISCO – The ***** were driving late in the second quarter when veteran Isaac Bruce slipped coming out of his break. Alex Smith’s pass skipped harmlessly out of bounds.

Third-year receiver Jason Hill, who had been a healthy scratch from five of the team’s first seven games and not caught a pass this season, replaced Bruce on Sunday against the Tennessee Titans.

Three plays later, Hill caught a 12-yard touchdown pass from Alex Smith. And Bruce, the 16-year veteran, did not return to the game. Bruce was not among the nine players listed on the *****’ postgame injury report, either.

Hill continued in the role of the No. 3 receiver in the second half. He finished with four receptions for 50 yards and two touchdowns.

“It was nice to have him out there,” Smith said. “He and I got a lot of work together the first six weeks of the season, working out there on the scout team together. I’ve got a lot of trust in Jason, and it showed out there today. He’s just one of those guys who continues to keep working and working hard and waiting for his chance. I thought he did a nice job today.”

Bruce lost his starting job on Sunday to Josh Morgan, who started at wide receiver along with rookie Michael Crabtree.

After a strong training camp, Bruce appears to be showing his age this season. He opened the season with a four-catch, 74-yard performance against the Arizona Cardinals. But in the past seven games, Bruce has averaged just more than two catches for 24 yards per game.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Hill replaces struggling Bruce in San Fran

Sign Bruce to a one day contract next year and let him retire as a Ram.

rams_geek is offline Registered User

Hello Mr. Bruce it's time to retire and WTF are you doing SF ?

eldfan is offline Registered User

I love Buce he is one of my all time greatest rams it’s painful to see him go as a ***** on the bench.
    :ramlogo:

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Bruuuuuce!!!

****** coach Mike Singleterry has declared that Issac Bruce is no longer a starter due to an injury but will contribute to their team as a roll model or mentor to the up and comming youngsters. Now i hate that team even more.

Just thought i'd give a big shout out to my all time favorite Ram and hope that his future trail leads him back to the Rams organization one way or another. BRUUUCE RAAAMS BAAABY!!!

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Bruuuuuce!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Guam rammer View Post
    ****** coach Mike Singleterry has declared that Issac Bruce is no longer a starter due to an injury but will contribute to their team as a roll model or mentor to the up and comming youngsters. Now i hate that team even more.

Just thought i'd give a big shout out to my all time favorite Ram and hope that his future trail leads him back to the Rams organization one way or another. BRUUUCE RAAAMS BAAABY!!!
    Still pains me to see him on that team. So now he's a quasi coach for them? I'm sure that's what he envisioned when he went there was so he could eventually just be a role model and mentor.
    Just Fix It