Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: T.J Houshmandzadeh ON trading BLOCK!

The differences between housh and Jackson is this. Housh has never been a god number one reciever and he is on the bad side of 33. No way in the world am i giving up a draft pick for a 33 year old with 7 mil guaranteed and is just going to add another number 2 reciever to the pile. No WAY. If your trading for a wideout make sure he is 28 and under.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I would want V Jax before I would want Housh... but I'm still not sold on V Jax.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    I would want V Jax before I would want Housh... but I'm still not sold on V Jax.
    This because V-Jax is 5 years younger than him, though the only thing Housh can provide for us at the very most is veteran presence for our young receivers who can hopefully develop them significantly but that depends on the price tag Seattle will put for us and knowing we're division rivals. He looks not to be cheap.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chucknbob View Post
    I would pass on Housh unless we can pick him up for peanuts. I don't think he's much better than we've got now.
    We dont have a proven #1, and though im against trying to go out and get just anybody, Ido think Housh can help us out, or at least we know hes been capable in the past. He may be on the downside of his career and carry ahefty price tag which is a turn off, but the fact he isnt a "known" troublemaker and he already has chemistry with Gilyard is a plus...He also has that veteran presence that wouldnt hurt either...Ihope we at least give him a good look before we pass him up...

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: Seahawks trying to trade WR Houshmandzadeh

I would much rather have Vincent Jackson, who appears to be entering his prime, vs Hoosuremamma who is exiting his prime, BUT we need wide receiver help so badly he could definitely help us out. That being said, a fourth rounder at the highest would be about as much as I could muster, and I doubt the Squawks want to trade him in division.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

In general I am not a fan of trading in-division, particularly for an aging WR with a large contract.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I hope its because there our rivals and wont give him cheap... because if not why are we complaining?

Everyone on this board wants to win now and we keep complaining about not having a #1 WR..... we passed on Boldin, Owens, Jackson and now Hoosh?
    The simple truth is the housh was a good number 2 in his prime. He was overexposed as a receiver because he had johnson on the other side of him. He was never simply great by himself, add this to the fact that he was already past his prime while still in cinncy and you have yourself an overpaid receiver that will take no pressure off of Bradford or any of our other receivers.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

T. J. Housyomama anyone?

Seattle is shopping their veteran WR T. J. Houshmenzedeh. T.J. still has alittle left in the tank, who had his most productive years while with OCHOCINCO and the Bengals. His numbers dropped significantly last season with the Seahawks as T.J. dealt with injuries and adapting to the Seattle offensive system. 'HOUSYOMAMA' may be a better option at WR who could help the Rams right away, especially with showing a rookie QB the tricks of the trade.
    One feels this make more sense than Vincent Jackson.
    Is T. J. the right fit for Rams?
    Last edited by dgr828; -09-03-2010 at 09:42 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TylerBishop is offline Registered User

Re: T. J. Housyomama anyone?

It would be a great pickup.

But he never played for the Giants or Eagles, so he probably won't be a Ram.

Slug is offline Registered User

I wouldn't mind picking him up. Behind Moss our WR group doesn't thrill me. :/ still hoping we can land VJack somehow.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Houshmandzadeh .... UPDATE

The Seattle Seahawks have informed wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh that he will be released if no trade options materialize, a league source said Friday.

A trade is highly unlikely, considering Houshmandzadeh's $7 million price tag for this season.

The Seahawks are intent on leaning on their younger receivers -- mmost notably former Detroit Lions first-round draft pick Mike Williams, who is expected to start opposite Deion Branch.

Houshmandzadeh, 32, caught 79 passes for 911 yards and three touchdowns last season, his first with the Seahawks after eight with the Cincinnati Bengals.

Possible landing spots for Houshmandzadeh include the Oakland Raiders, Washington Redskins and Minnesota Vikings.

We could grab him off the FA list... you guys think we should?

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Re: Houshmandzadeh .... UPDATE

As a free agent, heck ya. Like I said above, since there is no salary cap;

Go Crazy Stan, Go Crazy!

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    The Seattle Seahawks have informed wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh that he will be released if no trade options materialize, a league source said Friday.

A trade is highly unlikely, considering Houshmandzadeh's $7 million price tag for this season.

The Seahawks are intent on leaning on their younger receivers -- mmost notably former Detroit Lions first-round draft pick Mike Williams, who is expected to start opposite Deion Branch.

Houshmandzadeh, 32, caught 79 passes for 911 yards and three touchdowns last season, his first with the Seahawks after eight with the Cincinnati Bengals.

Possible landing spots for Houshmandzadeh include the Oakland Raiders, Washington Redskins and Minnesota Vikings.

We could grab him off the FA list... you guys think we should?
    In a word: No
    He has to adapt to our offense & a new QB, not to mention his age and salary, at this juncture we don't need to be getting older, we need to develop the talent we have and bring in guys who can grow w/ Bradford.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

If he gets cut, and it looks like he will, I have flipped flop about adding him for this reason I read in an article...

"Per the report, the contract contains offset language meaning when the 32-year-old Houshmandzadeh signs with another team, the Seahawks will only have to pay the difference after his new contract to get to $7 million. That means if he gets a $2 million deal for this season, the Seahawks will owe him $5 million."

I would love to sign him for a million and then make Seattle basically pay his remaining 6 million to play for us.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I'd be willing to consider signing him off the waiver wire but not for trade. No reason to do the Hawks any favors. He probably would be a no. 1 or 2 on this team, though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast