Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    berg8309 is offline Registered User

Re: Houshmandzadeh .... UPDATE

As a free agent, I would be in favor of bringing him aboard. Despite his age he would give us some talent and depth at WR, as well as be a veteran for the kids, which we don't have right now.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

T.J. Houshmandzadeh

ESPN is reporting that according to several league sources, T.J. Houshmandzadeh might be done in Seattle to make room for top draft pick Mike Williams as their #1 receiver. While I realize it's probably annoying to hear somebody say "let's get this guy" everytime a decent skill player becomes available, making a run for T.J. would make sense on several levels:

1. At 32 he is not done. He caught 79 passes last year and was productive. Giving the Rams a veteran guy to mentor the young receivers and to work with rookie QB Sam Bradford makes all the sense in the world.

2. He has language in his current contract that puts Seattle on the hook for the balance of whatever he doesn't get from any team who would sign him. The Rams can sign him to a veteran's minimum contract and Seattle would have to make up the difference with his current contract.

3. He is not a character risk like Vincent Jackson, Brandon Marshall, Patrick Crayton and every other recently available cancer that some fans want us to sell our soul to the devil for.

4. It buys us time until next year's draft when we can address this need.

I say make this happen if and when he becomes available.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is online now Registered User

Sign the man! We have PLENTY of cap space, and there probably won't be any football next year, so please get this guy and give us another 2 or 3 wins this year. No way he signs here as a FA unless we show him the money anyway, so trade for him while you can.

ardavandavari is offline Registered User

Re: T.J. Houshmandzadeh

This would be a dream for me because i am a Ram fan and persian and T.j is half persian.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

I don't want Housh for reasons that people have already stated. But what really scares me a little about this is the thought that Mike Williams could be playing up to the potential that we saw at USC.

Rambos is offline Registered User

The Seattle Seahawks have cut wide receiver TJ Houshmandzadeh, a team source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. Stay up-to-date on all NFL transactions as teams ...

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

I still wouldn't pick him up. He is way past his prime. He will command more money for then is reasonable. He would do very little to upgrade our receiving corp. Please just let this one pass.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    I still wouldn't pick him up. He is way past his prime. He will command more money for then is reasonable. He would do very little to upgrade our receiving corp. Please just let this one pass.
    He was being paid $7mil in Seattle, and Seattle has to pick up the dif between his new salary and how much he was supposed to be paid in Seattle. So...he could sign for the vets minimum anywhere and will still make $7mil this season, just not from the team he plays with. And btw, he can't and won't command more than $7mil, my guess would be he signs for vet min since either way he gets his $7mil, all that changes is how much Seattle pays.

Rambos is offline Registered User

The Vikings have signed T.J. Houshmandzadeh, a source tells FOX6 Sports in Milwaukee.

Even FOX6 itself seems unsure of its own report, saying they can not "personally confirm nor deny" their source's claim. Still, the signing would make a ton of sense for the Vikings, who have lost Sidney Rice to a hip injury and cut Javon Walker today. Although Housh is well below average after the catch and as a playmaker, he can still help the Vikings as a possession receiver. Sep. 4 - 5:23 pm et

RUMOR

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Yeah guys, lets think about this, if you are going to get paid 7 mil this year regardless of where you play, why wouldn't you go to a team that is contending for a Super Bowl, at least for one year. I didn't really see the Rams being able to acquire TJ, still have hope for VJ, but it looks like he will be suspended for 6 games now,

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    Yeah guys, lets think about this, if you are going to get paid 7 mil this year regardless of where you play, why wouldn't you go to a team that is contending for a Super Bowl, at least for one year. I didn't really see the Rams being able to acquire TJ, still have hope for VJ, but it looks like he will be suspended for 6 games now,
    Don't know if the suspension has anything to do with it, but the PD is reporting the Rams are going to take a pass on Jackson.

DPskywalker is offline Registered User

Houshmandzadeh waivers?!?!

The Rams have top priority on the waiver wire.

Since Housh was recently cut, does that mean he's on the waiver wire?

If so, that means we can sign him for next to nothing, as the Squawks have to pay him $7mm minus his new team signs him for.

If he's indeed on waivers, what are we waiting for?!? He'd instantly be our #1 and he'd have two chances to stick it to his old team.

Come on Billy D!!!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Houshmandzadeh waivers?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by DPskywalker View Post
    The Rams have top priority on the waiver wire.

Since Housh was recently cut, does that mean he's on the waiver wire?

If so, that means we can sign him for next to nothing, as the Squawks have to pay him $7mm minus his new team signs him for.

If he's indeed on waivers, what are we waiting for?!? He'd instantly be our #1 and he'd have two chances to stick it to his old team.

Come on Billy D!!!
    The waiver system only applies to players who have four or less accrued seasons in the league.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123