gap Guest

Smile How bout them cheatroits

I haven't seen this posted, and I have been away from the PC since Sunday's games ended, so here goes.

There is no team in NFL history that more deserves to miss the playoffs with an 11-5 season. The lack of penalty flags thrown at their rule bending players is a key reason that had a winning season at all, so I am glad that they missed the playoffs.

I will say that I am impressed with the way the officials didn't try harder to help Miami lose the game. There were some penalties thrown at Miami that should have been against the Jets, but there weren't enough to steal the game.

gap

eldfan is offline Registered User

Re: How bout them cheatroits

I have no love for the pats.

Karma had one more payback blow for Bill Belichick and the Patriots. As if having a perfect season spoiled with a loss in the last Super Bowl and losing MVP quarterback Tom Brady to a season-ending knee injury less than eight minutes into this season were not enough to punish the Patriots for their videotaping scandal of last year, missing the playoffs after posting an 11-5 record should square everything. New England is the first 11-win team to miss the playoffs since the current 12-team format was instituted in 1990. Without Brady, the Patriots quickly fell from elite status and lost to the Colts, Chargers and Steelers. But with Matt Cassel learning on the job and Belichick producing one of his best coaching seasons, they valiantly fought to save their season. In one sense, it doesn't seem fair. The Chargers (8-8), Cardinals (9-7) and Eagles (9-6-1) are all in the playoffs. New England must settle for being the best team not playing in January.
    Last edited by eldfan; -12-30-2008 at 10:18 PM.
    :ramlogo:

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

Re: How bout them cheatroits

I am definitely glad they are not in the playoffs. It was all I had left to root for on the last Sunday of the season, and it's no fun rooting against a team, but in their case, I make an exception.

All I wanted for Christmas was a Miami win and a Baltimore win.

....that of course because there was no chance in h$ll that the Bills could actually beat the NE Patriots.

I hate to say it, but I think they would have gone deep in the playoffs, I mean, they find a way to win, even if it is by cheating.

Karma is a B!^#%.