throwback week

itsguud is offline Registered User

How I beat the Colts! :)

So I was at the Colts Chargers game last sunday in SD... my first game ever! and whatta game to go to!

This game was intense. It had kick and punt returns for TDs, Manning having the worst game of his career the craziest picks I've ever seen... etc.

So as the game wound down there was approximately a minute and 28 seconds left on the clock. The Colts had just driven to the 13 yard line and the score was 23-21 for the chargers. A Vinetari field goal was all that was needed for the Colts to win the game. Especially since the Chargers offensse had been non-existant all day.

So as the Colts let the clock run as low as possible before calling a time-out the crowd at Qualcomm was extremely quiet and started leaving. We were sitting in row 14 behind the Colts bench and there were a few Colts fans sitting there but most were afarid to say much, so it was intensely quiet. As Vinetari took his first step out on to the field I broke the silence as I cupped my hands around my mouth and at the top of my gigantic swimmer lungs yelled.... "JINX". With that the entire section around me errupted in laughter followed by load screaming to thorw Vinetari off his kick... the rest is history.

As soon as he missed that kick I had about 10 people from all around me jump on me with cheers and high-fives.

It was then that I knew! (a little Torry Holt quote )

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: How I beat the Colts! :)

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    So I was at the Colts Chargers game last sunday in SD... my first game ever! and whatta game to go to!

This game was intense. It had kick and punt returns for TDs, Manning having the worst game of his career the craziest picks I've ever seen... etc.

So as the game wound down there was approximately a minute and 28 seconds left on the clock. The Colts had just driven to the 13 yard line and the score was 23-21 for the chargers. A Vinetari field goal was all that was needed for the Colts to win the game. Especially since the Chargers offensse had been non-existant all day.

So as the Colts let the clock run as low as possible before calling a time-out the crowd at Qualcomm was extremely quiet and started leaving. We were sitting in row 14 behind the Colts bench and there were a few Colts fans sitting there but most were afarid to say much, so it was intensely quiet. As Vinetari took his first step out on to the field I broke the silence as I cupped my hands around my mouth and at the top of my gigantic swimmer lungs yelled.... "JINX". With that the entire section around me errupted in laughter followed by load screaming to thorw Vinetari off his kick... the rest is history.

As soon as he missed that kick I had about 10 people from all around me jump on me with cheers and high-fives.

It was then that I knew! (a little Torry Holt quote )
    It's a shame that Vinateri didn't miss in Superbowl XXXVI!!!

itsguud is offline Registered User

Re: How I beat the Colts! :)

I wasn't there to lay he JINX down.