View Poll Results: When will Hawk fans get over this loss?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • When draft day approaches.

1 2.63%
  • Opening day next year.

3 7.89%
  • It will take a couple of years.

7 18.42%
  • Not until they win a Super Bowl.

11 28.95%
  • Not until the Sun goes cold, the Heavens crash, and life ceases to exist on this planet.

16 42.11%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Re: How long will it take until the Hawks to get over this loss?

Quote Originally Posted by rawkhrdr
    They lost that game because the refs took 14 or 21 points away from the depending on how you look at it...and gave 7 points to the Steelers...it is hard to overcome a 28 point swing. I'm gonna go away before I get irrational and accidentally get banned...
    Judging by what happened to ZigZag on seahawks.net, you don't have to be irrational to get banned from a rival board..............

However, I did finally manage to watch the whole thing last night whilst propping up a bar and I have to say that, as a whole, the officiating in that game was extremely poor. If was a Hawks fan I'd be more than a little upset. Granted, they didn't play well; Hasselbeck had episodes of brain funk, Alexander whilst solid, never really seemed to fire, receivers had another attack of the dropsies, especially Stevens, and the defense had critical breakdowns, nothing worse than the 3rd and 28 conversion.

It's easy to quote the letter of the law in terms of the 'push off', the Hasselbeck 'fumble' and the various holding calls, but as a guy who was pulling for the Steelers, there were a couple of calls made against the Hawks that I thought were Jaw-droppingly wrong.

In 9.9 games out of 10, Ben's 'TD' doesn't even get as far as the booth, Jackson gets a TD and Hasselbeck gets the benefit of '...the ground can't cause a fumble...'. Hell, it was my wife that sputtered indignantly when it was obvious that Ben didn't get his timeout called before the play clock ran down and she was in the midst of a mobile phone conversation and returning a pretty terrible white wine soda.

It was quite possibly the worst SB I've seen in terms of entertainment and the Zebra's didn't help.

If I was a Hawk fan I don't think I'd be able to forget it in a hurry and to be honest they have my sympathy. I mean, imagine if it had happened to us in a big game? I reckon they'd be resentful Rams fans fighting amongst themselves for years about the impact of the officiating on the game.............................at least 5 years anyway.

The NFL has to look at this question closely, no mater what their public pronouncements.
    Last edited by Fat Pang; -02-08-2006 at 09:29 AM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

It was quite possibly the worst SB I've seen in terms of entertainment and the Zebra's didn't help.

If I was a Hawk fan I don't think I'd be able to forget it in a hurry and to be honest they have my sympathy. I mean, imagine if it had happened to us in a big game? I reckon they'd be resentful Rams fans fighting amongst themselves for years about the impact of the officiating on the game.............................at least 5 years anyway.

The NFL has to look at this question closely, no mater what their public pronouncements. --Fat Pang
    Excellent summary -- and sympathy for Seahawks [see photo in Rambos' 'Will the Hawks have SB Hangover' thread, post #13; click on picture there for larger image].

Last edited by RealRam; -02-08-2006 at 10:24 PM.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Love that post. I still haven't gotten over the loss to Pittsburgh, let alone the Patriots. That kinda pain never goes away, even with a Super Bowl win in-between.
    Billy Waddy is STILL WIDE open in the end zone.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    Excellent summary -- and sympathy for Seahawks [see photo in Rambos' 'Will the Hawks have SB Hangover' thread, post #13; click on picture there for larger image].

Very good

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang
    ...Hell, it was my wife that sputtered indignantly when it was obvious that Ben didn't get his timeout called before the play clock ran down and she was in the midst of a mobile phone conversation and returning a pretty terrible white wine soda.

Have to agree that it was a terribly played and officiated game. I think that there is too much time between the championship games and the SB. It really should only be 1 week.

As for the timeout. I believe it was called by Cowher pryor to the snap. So, although Big Ben couldn't manage the clock, it seems his coach could.
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

Not until the Sun goes cold, the Heavens crash, and life ceases to exist on this planet.
    HAHA too bad so sad...although i do feel sorry for seahawk fans.

rawkhrdr is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz
    It is best not to let that irrational anger loose on a rival board. I am sorry that the game was a difficult one to watch and I am sorry that there were questionable calls, but that happens a lot.

28 points is a pushing it somewhat Rawk. The Steelers had another chance to get those 7 points and they are good on the goal line. I don't think you can really say they gave them an extra 7.

How do you get 21 points for the Seahawks? I got the 7 for the touchdown that they took away, but what are the other 14 points for?
    Maybe I overstated it a little, I have not rewatched the game since then, and I don't think that will happen for a while, but I think an 18 point swing is alright.

Here is where I see the points taken away, 4 on the Jackson catch negated by the OPI (cause we scored a FG later), 7 on the Locklear holding call turned into a INT and an eventual Steeler TD (14 differential there).

Sorry about zigzagram. I will see why he was banned, and try and get him re-instated. Have him PM me...or better yet, I will PM him...

To be fair, not all evil robots are killers.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rawkhrdr
    Maybe I overstated it a little, I have not rewatched the game since then, and I don't think that will happen for a while, but I think an 18 point swing is alright.

Here is where I see the points taken away, 4 on the Jackson catch negated by the OPI (cause we scored a FG later), 7 on the Locklear holding call turned into a INT and an eventual Steeler TD (14 differential there).
    18 points sounds more sane and rational. I'll give you the 7 on the Locklear hold, and I am on the fence with the 4 Jackson points. No way on the 7 for the Pittsburgh TD. That is up to an 11 point differential and that could have tied the game. If you had a better kicker, who didn't miss field goals, Seattle could have been the happy team.

I don't think the Locklear hold was that significant, but I don't remember it very well. I would have to go back and look at the tape again since I was distracted with 8 kids running crazy in my house and some Pittsburgh fans that were not caring that a holding call pulled that one back. I gave the tape away so I will not be looking at it and Rawk it is probably best for you not to rewatch it either.
    Sorry about zigzagram. I will see why he was banned, and try and get him re-instated. Have him PM me...or better yet, I will PM him...
    Thanks, you are alright...a little confused about which team to follow.....but I suppose we can overlook that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

I'll give you the 7 on the Locklear hold
    I don't see how you can give them 7 on that play because they didn't score. Who's to say they would have scored on the next play, look at the Bettis fumble vs the Colts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Second half adjustments. Make some!

I don't see how you can give them 7 on that play because they didn't score. Who's to say they would have scored on the next play, look at the Bettis fumble vs the Colts.
    Good point about the colts game, but I do think that Seattle would have scored if they were on the one yard line. It would have been first and goal. The odds are they would have scored 7.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Good point about the colts game, but I do think that Seattle would have scored if they were on the one yard line. It would have been first and goal. The odds are they would have scored 7.
    But if Seattle fans and anyone else want to try and justify things, you can never assume 100% a team will score no matter where they are on the field, so fans can't say what would have happened. Too much, if this happened, if that happened, this should have been 7 points stuff.
    Second half adjustments. Make some!

Milan is offline Registered User

Option #4 is the Same thing as option #5. I think you need to change that.

But if Seattle fans and anyone else want to try and justify things, you can never assume 100% a team will score no matter where they are on the field, so fans can't say what would have happened. Too much, if this happened, if that happened, this should have been 7 points stuff.
    I am not trying to justify anything. This is a game, a simple game that has been mass marketed to the public. I see nothing wrong with talking about what could have happened if things were different. What purpose do we have here except to speculate on things that we don't have any control over?

I'll use a 93% chance of scoring if you like. Does that sound better?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Not until the Sun goes cold, the Heavens crash, and life ceases to exist on this planet.
    RamsFan16

Hodgins is offline Registered User

honestly I think the seattle fans need to untwist their panties. A few bad calls doesnt decide a game and they should blame the dropped balls and injuries on d because they played a much bigger role then FOUR bad calls, jeez

why the seahawks still envy the rams:tongue:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast