Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

I apologize to the entire board.

Since April of 2003, I have supported and defended Jimmy Kennedy.

He slipped in the draft, but when the Rams took him, I defended the pick. I looked at what he did at Penn State, and saw that he could be dominate on our D-line. He had all the tools to solidify our interior. All the tools except one.........team mentality.

When he faltered early, I said it was due to bad advice he got from a teammate (as he said in an interview). When he came back from his first injury, I gave him credit for getting back on the field early. When he played through his broken hand last year, I praised his toughness. When he played inconsistently at NT last year, I stuck by the "new position" motto: Give him a little time.

After reading the article posted by Wraith, I take it all back! I can excuse a lot of things, but reading his remarks struck me as an individual who lacks the one aspect that I can not excuse in any shape, form, or fashion........a "me first" attitude!

Kennedy says the Rams didn't use him right. Kennedy says he got in trouble for making too many plays. Kennedy said the Rams were using him "just as a nose guard". All of these statements are saying the same thing..........Kennedy is willing to, and eager to put himself ahead of the team! That is something I can not stomach. When you are on a team, you do what is best for the team. Period! To hold back because the team asks something of you other than what you want is the single most disrespectful act a teammate can do.

I have no respect for Kennedy, and I curse any day I spent defending him.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Re: I apologize to the entire board.

No apologies necessary.

You stood behind a player that the franchise stood behind. Too bad he didn't care about letting us, them, down.

Here's a few words that Kennedy should adhere to- Sometimes the best way to say something is not to say anything at all.

I guess I can burn his rookie card now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Since April of 2003, I have supported and defended Jimmy Kennedy.

He slipped in the draft, but when the Rams took him, I defended the pick. I looked at what he did at Penn State, and saw that he could be dominate on our D-line. He had all the tools to solidify our interior. All the tools except one.........team mentality.

When he faltered early, I said it was due to bad advice he got from a teammate (as he said in an interview). When he came back from his first injury, I gave him credit for getting back on the field early. When he played through his broken hand last year, I praised his toughness. When he played inconsistently at NT last year, I stuck by the "new position" motto: Give him a little time.

After reading the article posted by Wraith, I take it all back! I can excuse a lot of things, but reading his remarks struck me as an individual who lacks the one aspect that I can not excuse in any shape, form, or fashion........a "me first" attitude!

Kennedy says the Rams didn't use him right. Kennedy says he got in trouble for making too many plays. Kennedy said the Rams were using him "just as a nose guard". All of these statements are saying the same thing..........Kennedy is willing to, and eager to put himself ahead of the team! That is something I can not stomach. When you are on a team, you do what is best for the team. Period! To hold back because the team asks something of you other than what you want is the single most disrespectful act a teammate can do.

I have no respect for Kennedy, and I curse any day I spent defending him.
    Don't feel bad Hub, I was on the JK bandwagon also. I'd like to strangle the guy. Of course, I would definitely need some help to pull that off.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Right there with you, HUb. I thought JK was going to be the real deal. But the SOB broke my heart and... and...

Sorry, I need a moment here.

itsguud is offline Registered User

None of you need to apologize. Just as you stated in your post HUB, a good layer needs a team mentality. To be part of a team with this mentality you stick by EVERYONE else on your team. As a faithful Ram-fan you were just sticking by a fellow Ram. I commend you all for doing that even as Kennedy failed time and again. Appolgies not required for sticking up for your team. What if he had turned out to be good?!!!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Hub, you're a smart guy and I can say I enjoy the things you write however no one is perfect. We can't predict what these guys are gonna act like, you made a mistake but you know what? Who cares. The Rams stood behind him, and as a fan there's always a way to find some optimism in a situation and that is what is great about you. No matter what, you can find something optimistic about a situation most people aren't thrilled about. In football, its really just a hit or miss type of thing. I wasn't nuts about Carriker, but it seems like he's going to be a great player for us, so I am going to root him on no matter how amazing or how bad he is. Don't feel bad about it brutha!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

general counsel is offline Registered User

Like HUB, i have been a HUGE defender of kennedy on this board, especially in the context of him switching positions and playing through last year with a broken hand. I really didnt think he was nearly as bad as everyone made him out to be and i still cant believe that all we got for him was a 6th round pick. I wont be surprised if he has a good season in denver. While his comments appear selfish, only time will tell whether he is correct, that the rams didnt use him in a way to maximize his skills. We will see how he does in denver.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

I accept your apology.
    BRUUUUUUUUUUUCE

moklerman is offline Registered User

Is all of this angst for Kennedy from that one article? With all of the busts that the Rams have had on the d-line I would say there's a possiblity that some of JK's frustration might be warranted. He obviously has no love lost for the Rams but at the same time, he's obviously not a "light a fire under his ass" type of player. He's a nurture guy and the coaching staff, according to JK, didn't approach him that way. As for playing a player out of position, the Rams have a nice long record of that so I can at least see the possibility of that being true. Who knows what really happened and JK was a disappointment(along with the rest of the defense) but I'm not all worked up by what he said.

I just see it as a frustrated, yet prideful, player who's looking forward to greener pastures. Ultimately, it sounds like he's hurt that the Rams(in his eyes) didn't want him as much as Denver does.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Thumbs down Re: I apologize to the entire board.

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Hub, you're a smart guy and I can say I enjoy the things you write however no one is perfect. We can't predict what these guys are gonna act like, you made a mistake but you know what? Who cares. The Rams stood behind him, and as a fan there's always a way to find some optimism in a situation and that is what is great about you. No matter what, you can find something optimistic about a situation most people aren't thrilled about. In football, its really just a hit or miss type of thing. I wasn't nuts about Carriker, but it seems like he's going to be a great player for us, so I am going to root him on no matter how amazing or how bad he is. Don't feel bad about it brutha!
    Yeah, Varg spoke my mind here.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

No one should have to apologize for standing up for or supporting a Rams player!
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Apologize?

I saw nothing which needed to be apologized for. Liking players and supporting players on your favorite team is to be expected.

Shoot one can like and support players on other teams as well (Warnerites) we just don't want them to do well against our Rams!

So, no apology needed but if it settles your conscience, apology accepted!

Now you can rest easy big guy!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    No one should have to apologize for standing up for or supporting a Rams player!
    Best point here. To further put this in perspective, here is a quote from Haslett discussing Kennedy less than a year ago:

"The guy works hard, and he has more speed than I realized," Haslett said then. "He's smart, he doesn't make a lot of mistakes, and he listens. ... He's going to be a heck of a player."
    Kennedy had a lot of us fooled.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

Exactly what I said!

Sometimes I feel like my posts are invisible... perhaps its true. Now if I could just make myself invisible and head on into Hasletts office to see what he has planned for the D, that's make me feel much better about this season.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Supporting the guy was the right thing to do at the time I think , and it woud be something that I'd probably do again in the same context. It's a great shame that he could not or would not motivate himself to perform to his potential. I think that Bill Kollar has a tremendous amount to answer for in terms of the development , or lack of, of three first round picks, but the onus still lies with the player and I feel that Kennedy had more than one chance to bail himself out of his funk and he didn't take any of them.

Nothing to apologize for HUb.

Although an apology from Kennedy to all of those who went into bat for him and who now have to read some of the excuses he proffers might be in order.
    Last edited by Fat Pang; -08-17-2007 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Fat fingers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast