RamWraith is offline Registered User

I hate to say this

But...

If you are looking to make a wager on a good thing, the Minnesota Vikings look for real this year. I would never say this to any of my local friends here, but they sure seem to have that "special swagger" about them that I so remember from the 1999 Rams team. If you pick up the local papers you will read a lot of things that one has never read in the past with this team. Things I remember reading about the Rams. It's almost the feeling of having fun. You can sense that this team is on the same page. The feeling that is so hard to describe but remembered so well. You can almost sense the troops feeding off each other.

I am not trying to be a cheerleader. Or give any props to one of my most hated teams in the NFL, but to be honest they are going to give any opponent everything they can handle and would not be shocked to see this as their year.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: I hate to say this

True, but they're playing in what looks to be a pretty competitive division. The Packers are always a contender, and the Lions offense has just enough weapons to make them dangerous. The Bears might even be able to put up a fight. But the swagger thing is interesting. As long as they don't collapse like they did last year, they could be a very deep playoff team.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

The talent is not what I am impressed with its that intangible that seems to be lerking about them. You all know what it is and what it feels like. They have it. If this team does not start slow, it would surprise me not to see them represent the NFC in the Show.

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    True, but they're playing in what looks to be a pretty competitive division. The Packers are always a contender, and the Lions offense has just enough weapons to make them dangerous. The Bears might even be able to put up a fight. But the swagger thing is interesting. As long as they don't collapse like they did last year, they could be a very deep playoff team.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    ... they sure seem to have that "special swagger" about them that I so remember ...
    And you judge that how? By my last count, approximately 110 people have travelled through the "Rams" training camp roster. Lot of people's swaggger to keep track of. Do you guage the "swagger" by the "pimp roll" of a handful or the "gin joint shuffle" of a few or does it take a collective "line dance" to mark the swagger?

Inquiring minds want to know. ... Because if you know how to characterize it, you probably will want to know how to bottle it.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I think they have a few problems.

First, their pass defense is still suspect.

Second, Mike Tice is not a very good coach.

Third, they don't have a real threat at the #2 WR spot.

That said, I do think they are a playoff team and will be in the mix.

Not sure how many times I have to say it for you to understand adarian
    so I will quote what I already said.

-"If you pick up the local papers you will read a lot of things that one has never read in the past with this team. Things I remember reading about the Rams. It's almost the feeling of having fun. You can sense that this team is on the same page. The feeling that is so hard to describe but remembered so well. You can almost sense the troops feeding off each other"

-"intangible that seems to be lerking about them"

-"You all know what it is and what it feels like. They have it."

This to me is that "swagger". Its somehthing that we all felt with the Rams in '99. It's hard to describe, but its there.

Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    And you judge that how? By my last count, approximately 110 people have travelled through the "Rams" training camp roster. Lot of people's swaggger to keep track of. Do you guage the "swagger" by the "pimp roll" of a handful or the "gin joint shuffle" of a few or does it take a collective "line dance" to mark the swagger?

Inquiring minds want to know. ... Because if you know how to characterize it, you probably will want to know how to bottle it.

Reminds me of team in 1999 that
    -didn't have a QB
    -Had an unproven WR to compliment Bruce
    -an underachiving o-line
    -and an undersized d-line

Only thing this team had was an over paid running back, a gaurd that knew how to win and a top caliber wide out that was injury prone.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I think they have a few problems.

First, their pass defense is still suspect.

Second, Mike Tice is not a very good coach.

Third, they don't have a real threat at the #2 WR spot.

That said, I do think they are a playoff team and will be in the mix.

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith
    Not sure how many times I have to say it for you to understand adarian.
    I don't like to repeat myself either. Twice will be fine, thank you.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

They could very well be playing January football. Young front 7, deep RB corp, they've got some good things going.

On a similar note...so Wraith, how's your boy Brock Lesnar doing in the Vikes camp?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Sounds like he is getting some good hazing ;-)
    Honestly, it sounds like he will make the practice team for sure. They like a lot of what they see in him. He has a lot of raw untapped talent and a nose for the game. But it is just that, RAW. Sounds like the kid might have been a force if he would have chosen football over wrestling in college. The one thing I guess he has really brought to the team though is toughness and a hell of a work ethic. The kid goes 110% all the time, and has shown some of the vets what it means to work hard and play hard.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    They could very well be playing January football. Young front 7, deep RB corp, they've got some good things going.

On a similar note...so Wraith, how's your boy Brock Lesnar doing in the Vikes camp?