HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

I hope the whiners win every game left this season!

Seriously, I do.

They don't play us anymore so it doesn't affect us directly.
    We're not in the playoff hunt, so why would we care.
    Finishing 8-8 is not going to get them in the playoffs anyway.

But what does 6 straight whiner wins do? It drops the Patriots roughly 10 spots from their current pick. Let's not forget, every whiner loss moves the Patriots up the draft board. But every win in the Bay pushes ESPN's dominatrix down the board.

Yea, yea, I know....the part of me that lacks all reason and logic feeding purely on fanatical emotion loves it when the whiners lose. But the rest of me that actually understands how that only helps the Patriots would rather it not happen.

So, with the taste of vomit in the back of my throat, I declare......Let's Go Niners!

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

Re: I hope the whiners win every game left this season!

That must be hard for you. I guess it's the lesser of two evils for you, though.

I'd love to see this team win out the rest of its games, but I don't see it happening. Personally, I think the Pats should've have been stripped of the higher of the two picks, or both, but I'm not the commish.

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

itsguud is offline Registered User

Ouch, I can't believe you're saying that. You would rather route for the whiners then the Pats... rivals... comon, NEVER WILL I ever route for the whiners. I hope they lose every game by a landslide.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    Ouch, I can't believe you're saying that. You would rather route for the whiners then the Pats... rivals... comon, NEVER WILL I ever route for the whiners. I hope they lose every game by a landslide.
    Which is certainly within your rights to do. However, as our esteemed colleague Brain Daddy has pointed out, this is the lesser of two evils for me. Every whiner loss brings with it two things: 1. another lash for a dead horse, and 2. a better pick for the Patriots. However, every whiner win brings with it a slide down the draft board for the Patriots.

In other words, whiner losses only make the Patriots stronger; whiner wins weakens the Patriots. I want a weaker Patriots, plain and simple. They are media darlings.....scratch that, they are far beyond media darlings. Every time Brady completes a pass, Britstol goes into full tantric orgasm. Their cheating ways are common knowledge. The interviews are countless. To this day, there are still many Rams fans who have a "funny" feeling about SB-36, if you know what I mean.

So in every aspect of the phrase, to me, the whiners are (as of now) the lesser of the two evils.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Large_Ant is offline Registered User

I'm not sure that I really understand why a fan of an NFC team cares if the Patriots get a great draft pick. The way I see it, I hope the better picks are indeed snapped up by AFC teams. We play the Patriots once every four years so who cares?

Unfortunately, next year is one of those years where we play them IIRC. Not looking forward to that.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Seattle Seahawks - 2004 & 2005 NFC West Champions

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Large_Ant View Post
    I'm not sure that I really understand why a fan of an NFC team cares if the Patriots get a great draft pick. The way I see it, I hope the better picks are indeed snapped up by AFC teams. We play the Patriots once every four years so who cares?

Unfortunately, next year is one of those years where we play them IIRC. Not looking forward to that.
    Nice to see you Ant.

It's not hard to understand if you are a Rams fan. Remember that robbery called Super Bowl 36 between the Rams and Pats? Enough said.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

itsguud is offline Registered User

I understand the lesser of two evils bit HuB. However, as a RAM fan to the core (which I know you are as well) I can never, ever justify cheering for a 9ers victory. Unless it has a direct postive effect for the Rams.

I know SB 36 was taken from us by the cheats, but still I hate the whiners until Football ends... hopefully NEveR!