RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

I just watched the Blind Side for the first time

What a great movie. I wish we could have Michael Oher on our team. I remember for th longest time he was considered the best OT and then Andre Smith was and then A. Smith looked out of shape and fell down the draft charts. Then it was Monroe and then Monroe and Smith both as 1A and 1B. The final draft order was J. Smith #2, A. Smith #6, and Monroe #8 while Oher fell to #23. Oher wound up performing the best this year IMO. That don't mean he will wind up being the best but he will definently be good IMO. His story is amazing and I will root for him to succede. He seems humble and to have stayed out of touble for his bad circumstances. He went to 11 schools by the age of 9, went through hell, and had to work his but off studying to get caught up. Great story I am sure it was glorified some being a movie but for the most part it follows ever other account you read about him.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Re: I just watched the Blind Side for the first time

Quote Originally Posted by RamsSB99 View Post
    What a great movie. I wish we could have Michael Oher on our team. I remember for th longest time he was considered the best OT and then Andre Smith was and then A. Smith looked out of shape and fell down the draft charts. Then it was Monroe and then Monroe and Smith both as 1A and 1B. The final draft order was J. Smith #2, A. Smith #6, and Monroe #8 while Oher fell to #23. Oher wound up performing the best this year IMO. That don't mean he will wind up being the best but he will definently be good IMO. His story is amazing and I will root for him to succede. He seems humble and to have stayed out of touble for his bad circumstances. He went to 11 schools by the age of 9, went through hell, and had to work his but off studying to get caught up. Great story I am sure it was glorified some being a movie but for the most part it follows ever other account you read about him.
    The movie was great, really fun to watch. I read the book after I saw the movie.
    The major difference would be that in the book Oher is the main character, in the movie the Touhys are the main characters. Plus the book is more football history and strategy oriented, while the movie mainly focus's on the story of Oher. Both are great but the book really give you more insight into the football side of his life and not just the touhy side of his life.