Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    general counsel is offline Registered User

If i was an eagles fan.....

If i was an eagles fan i would be screaming bloody murder to trade for boldin. He is a perfect fit and they can afford it with their cap situation. IF McNabb is healthy they are in the hunt, but they really need a number one receiver. Boldin can do the same thing for them that TO did.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: If i was an eagles fan.....

Yeah seems like a perfect fit to me. Great fans, great team, and a chance to be the man.

TekeRam is online now Registered User

The trouble is that the Eagles best trade bait, Sheppard, is not needed by the Cards, as they already have an ok secondary. But yes, after Curtis got hurt, I, too, would be marching on the Eagles' HQ to demand trading for Boldin. It might take a 1st rounder, but come on, he's a proven #1 and in his prime. He'll be good for another 5 seasons at least.

PA_gal_in_OK Guest

I think that everyone tends to forget that it takes two sides to agree to a trade. A this point in time, from what I have read, the cards just aren't willing to do a trade. Would I be happy to have Boldin on the team? I would have to be crazy to say no. With the way things stand though it isn't going to happen. It's been rumored that the Eagles were willing to trade a player and a first round draft pick, but as everyone knows, it's about "What can you do for me NOW" so that first round draft pick is useless. I do, however, feel confident with the WR corps that we have now. DeSean was a great pickup in the draft and Reggie Brown will be back. It remains to be seen whether or not Reggie can show that spark he had his first year. It could be his make it or break it year. IF Curtis can be back this year, it will help DeSean and the team to succeed even more.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

The Eagles fans have been begging to trade for a WR. They wanted Javon Walker, no dice, Larry Fitz, no dice, Anquan Boldin, no dice, Malcolm Kell, no dice, Roy Williams.... Eagles fans are not great fans. They throw beer on 5 year old kids wearing the other teams Jersey. I've been into 2 fights because of a friggin Ram hat.

PA_gal_in_OK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    The Eagles fans have been begging to trade for a WR. They wanted Javon Walker, no dice, Larry Fitz, no dice, Anquan Boldin, no dice, Malcolm Kell, no dice, Roy Williams.... Eagles fans are not great fans. They throw beer on 5 year old kids wearing the other teams Jersey. I've been into 2 fights because of a friggin Ram hat.
    Here is where I need to draw the line and say you are out of your mind! You are generalizing all fans based on the performance of a bunch of jerks. I could do the same about your team. There are bad and good fans of every team. Its people like you, however, that stereotype all of the fans as a whole into one category. Alpha can tell you, not all Philly fans are as bad as what people make them out to be. You need to judge individuals and not just lump them all into the same category. Oh, and this is coming from an Eagles Fan who enjoys partying with your "clan" and doesn't throw beer on your kids.

PA Girl, great to have you with us. You have to admit that the eagles lack a true #1 receiver. They have a relatively narrow window. McNabb isnt getting younger or healthier. I agree completely it takes two teams to make a trade. The point of my post is that if i was an eagles fan, i would be OFFERING to make a deal and forcing the cards to turn down value. Specifically, i would offer sheppard and a #1. If the cards dont take it, and i agree that they probably wont, at least you would have tried. I dont see how the eagles wouldnt think that they have a better chance to win the superbowl with boldin rather than sheppard and next years #1 given that they are a team that is probably in contention but has a weakness at wide receiver. I think a strong majority of eagles fans would support the view that they need significant help at wr, especially with curtis and brown hurt. Deshean is a nice player but he is a rookie. He will have some impact, especially in the return game, but he isnt going to carry the receiving corp. Boldin is a major stud and the eagles time is now and they can afford the cap. Put it another way, how could an eagles fan tell me that they needed to spend the money on assante samuel more than on boldin?

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

PA_gal_in_OK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    PA Girl, great to have you with us. You have to admit that the eagles lack a true #1 receiver. They have a relatively narrow window. McNabb isnt getting younger or healthier. I agree completely it takes two teams to make a trade. The point of my post is that if i was an eagles fan, i would be OFFERING to make a deal and forcing the cards to turn down value. Specifically, i would offer sheppard and a #1. If the cards dont take it, and i agree that they probably wont, at least you would have tried. I dont see how the eagles wouldnt think that they have a better chance to win the superbowl with boldin rather than sheppard and next years #1 given that they are a team that is probably in contention but has a weakness at wide receiver. I think a strong majority of eagles fans would support the view that they need significant help at wr, especially with curtis and brown hurt. Deshean is a nice player but he is a rookie. He will have some impact, especially in the return game, but he isnt going to carry the receiving corp. Boldin is a major stud and the eagles time is now and they can afford the cap. Put it another way, how could an eagles fan tell me that they needed to spend the money on assante samuel more than on boldin?

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    While I agree we need a playmaker at WR, the FO doesn't seem to think so. That is why I stated I would be lying if I said I wouldn't want him here. The Eagles have always had the mindset that they DON'T need a true number one receiver. The spread the ball around so much that they think it isn't warranted. The way it was stated on the Eagles Message Board was that we were going hard and heavy after Boldin by offering Lito and a 1st round pick but the cards wouldn't take it. They also refused all offers made by Dallas. Their mindset is that he is to play out his contract. You and I both know that the Cards needs him. I don't think it was a money issue at all, it was that they said he can play or sit and be fined. So we did try, and this was before Curtis was even discovered to have the hernia, which he got while still playing with the Rams.

On another note, I understand that McNabb isn't getting any younger, but it looks as if Kolb is our QB of the future. He looked pretty good during preseason, and quite honestly has more accurate passing than McNabb has. What is that old expression "When one door closes, another one opens?"

One other thing, DeSean maybe a rookie, but the kid got some guts and talent. He may not be able to carry the receiving corps, but then again, who knows. I guess it will remain to be seen this season. Who knows, another star may have been born.

Excellent point about your front office. They didnt think that they needed a #1 receiver for three years as the eagles were losing in nfc title games. Then they acquired TO and they made the superbowl, subsequently making TO the scapegoat when things went wrong after the fact, notwithstanding a complete collapse in their run defense, which of course had nothing to do with TO.

The point is that they have a chance to win it all this year and while i agree that kolb is promising, he has done absolutely nothing in a real game yet and mcnabb is a proven winner. Now would be the time to strike and while we can agree to disagree, i think its ALL about money with the eagles. I dont think that they have been historically willing to push to the cap and lay out the cash and i think that this is another case in point now (ie see their failure to trade a #3 for alexander when he was at his peak and they were way under the cap and in need of a stud running back).

All of this is probably academic as i dont see the Big Dead trading him unless they get blown away, which they wont, but my point remains that a #1 and Lito is worth it.

Here is the bottom line. Would you offer a #1 and Lito and then pay the 40 million over 4 years for Boldin? If you say yes, we are in agreement. IF not, we can disagree on a point on which reasonable people can differ.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Here is where I need to draw the line and say you are out of your mind! You are generalizing all fans based on the performance of a bunch of jerks. I could do the same about your team. There are bad and good fans of every team. Its people like you, however, that stereotype all of the fans as a whole into one category. Alpha can tell you, not all Philly fans are as bad as what people make them out to be. You need to judge individuals and not just lump them all into the same category. Oh, and this is coming from an Eagles Fan who enjoys partying with your "clan" and doesn't throw beer on your kids.
    Glad you passed art class... I'm in Philly, I know what the fans are like. Phillies fans, Flyers fans, 76ers fans, Eagles fans. It's all the same people. Fine there are nice peole, there are outliers in every situation thank you for pointing that out. Don't you tell me I'm sterotypng when I've seen the fans at games, and on the streets acting like giant jerks. I used to sing the National Anthem at Ealges games, and Phillies games, my group took up 15 seats and we'd be harassed by fan with all sorts of threats until we left, we were 16 year old kids. Thank you for telling me what I do and do not know.

PA_gal_in_OK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    Glad you passed art class... I'm in Philly, I know what the fans are like. Phillies fans, Flyers fans, 76ers fans, Eagles fans. It's all the same people. Fine there are nice peole, there are outliers in every situation thank you for pointing that out. Don't you tell me I'm sterotypng when I've seen the fans at games, and on the streets acting like giant jerks. I used to sing the National Anthem at Ealges games, and Phillies games, my group took up 15 seats and we'd be harassed by fan with all sorts of threats until we left, we were 16 year old kids. Thank you for telling me what I do and do not know.
    Your welcome. I did not go to eagles games as a child, however, I did spend alot of time at the vet going to phillies games with my dad. I know how it was then and it wasnt anything like you describe. Although, let me add, if you act like a jerk and a pompous behind, you're going to get treated like one. That is all.

By the way, you are stereotyping even if you don't see it. I've been an Eagles fan all of my life and I don't act that way nor do my friends from Philly who are season ticket holders so don't tell me they are ALL like that.

PA_gal_in_OK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Excellent point about your front office. They didnt think that they needed a #1 receiver for three years as the eagles were losing in nfc title games. Then they acquired TO and they made the superbowl, subsequently making TO the scapegoat when things went wrong after the fact, notwithstanding a complete collapse in their run defense, which of course had nothing to do with TO.

The point is that they have a chance to win it all this year and while i agree that kolb is promising, he has done absolutely nothing in a real game yet and mcnabb is a proven winner. Now would be the time to strike and while we can agree to disagree, i think its ALL about money with the eagles. I dont think that they have been historically willing to push to the cap and lay out the cash and i think that this is another case in point now (ie see their failure to trade a #3 for alexander when he was at his peak and they were way under the cap and in need of a stud running back).

All of this is probably academic as i dont see the Big Dead trading him unless they get blown away, which they wont, but my point remains that a #1 and Lito is worth it.

Here is the bottom line. Would you offer a #1 and Lito and then pay the 40 million over 4 years for Boldin? If you say yes, we are in agreement. IF not, we can disagree on a point on which reasonable people can differ.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I didn't know that 40 mill over 4 years was the magic number, but if the money was there I would do it in an instant. Unfortunately, it's not up to me or any other fan to make that decision and I also don't know what all the details were for the trade.

the 40 mill over 4 years was what the big dead paid fitzgerald and reportedly, thats what boldin wanted. Good luck this weekend PA Girl, we hope you will stop by our board from time to time, its really great to have such a knowledgeable fan around.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Although, let me add, if you act like a jerk and a pompous behind, you're going to get treated like one. That is all.
    I'd call that sterotyping. How nice of you to assume I'm an ass. Don't call me a liar because you don't like what I'm saying about "you people". I don't start trouble at games, thank you for assuming. Maybe you missed the part where I said not all Philly fans are "like that". Funny how you left that part out. You're oblivious to the world around you if you didn't see anything going on at the games. People are getting kicked out of there left and right.

Booing Santa Clause? Throwing batteries a players from the other team? Cheering that Michael Irvin was injured? Class acts, lemmie tell ya.

PA_gal_in_OK Guest

I 'd like to know where I stated that you were an arse, however, if the shoe fits....

Learn some other history about the eagles as well before casting judgment. Tell me why they were booing Santa Clause. Let me see if you can get that right. These things happened in the PAST. What have you heard about them lately? Man, I would hate to see you in Oakland or in Kansas City.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast