Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: If i was an eagles fan.....

PA gal in OK you are doing nothing to help the philly reputation. Take it easy, you aren't on eagle turf right now. If RedArcher7 lives in Philly and knows the fans, you should let him have his opinion and state what he has seen and experienced over there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

I gave you a list before of stuff they did in the past. Because Santa was too skinny and they lost 12 out of 14 games. Eagles fans aren't doing anything now, because the season hasn't started so you can only use the past. I haven't been in fights with fans in Oakland and KC. I wasn't even in fights with Giants fans. Vikings fans yes... Most of my friends are Eagles fans, some of them are real cool people when they're at games, others not so much. But the majorityof Eagles fans are arrogant jerks. Stereotypes exist for a reason, this stuff didn't just come out of the blue.

Oakland is a pretty messed up place all around. If you plan on seeing my in the Black Hole, don't hold your breath. Only hardcore Raiders fans go there, like the old 700 seats.

Kansas City is a bad place to drive and talk on your cell phone, one side of the city it's legal to be on your phone and drive across the bridge it's illegal and cops just sit there waiting for you. The fight clubs in KC are nice though.

PA_gal_in_OK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RedArcher7 View Post
    I gave you a list before of stuff they did in the past. Because Santa was too skinny and they lost 12 out of 14 games. Eagles fans aren't doing anything now, because the season hasn't started so you can only use the past. I haven't been in fights with fans in Oakland and KC. I wasn't even in fights with Giants fans. Vikings fans yes... Most of my friends are Eagles fans, some of them are real cool people when they're at games, others not so much. But the majorityof Eagles fans are arrogant jerks. Stereotypes exist for a reason, this stuff didn't just come out of the blue.

Oakland is a pretty messed up place all around. If you plan on seeing my in the Black Hole, don't hold your breath. Only hardcore Raiders fans go there, like the old 700 seats.

Kansas City is a bad place to drive and talk on your cell phone, one side of the city it's legal to be on your phone and drive across the bridge it's illegal and cops just sit there waiting for you. The fight clubs in KC are nice though.
    They threw snowballs at Santa and booed him because he was drunk. You lose. Gee, maybe you should ask AlphaRam sometime about what it was like in KC for him when he went. You may be surprised.

Nice try, he wasn't drunk. The guy that was supposed to be Santa didn't show so they found someone else to do it. Reports of intoxication have never been confirmed. The fans took out their anger on Santa. You lose, and you're being as arrogant as the rest of them. Okay, it sucks that he had a bad time in KC, this isn't about Kansas City.

PA_gal_in_OK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    PA gal in OK you are doing nothing to help the philly reputation. Take it easy, you aren't on eagle turf right now. If RedArcher7 lives in Philly and knows the fans, you should let him have his opinion and state what he has seen and experienced over there.
    I don't care if I am on Eagle turf right now. And as far as helping the Philly reputation, I would like to remind you that you have met me and if you think that I have portrayed his ideal of what an Eagle fan is like, then you obviously have short term memory.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PA_gal_in_OK View Post
    I don't care if I am on Eagle turf right now. And as far as helping the Philly reputation, I would like to remind you that you have met me and if you think that I have portrayed his ideal of what an Eagle fan is like, then you obviously have short term memory.
    Yes I have met you a while ago and I was amazed that you wore an eagle jersey to a Rams event that had nothing to do with the Eagles. You are obviously a hard core fan. I really don't know what kind of fan you are since I have not spent very much time with you.

I have been to many games at the vet and I know what the fans are like. I won't say they are all bad, but they have a tougher, meaner fan base than other places that I have been to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

moklerman is offline Registered User

My buddy, who I'm embarrassed to go to baseball games with because of his foul language and bad attitude, said that he was appalled at the Philly fans when he went to a Phillies game this summer. He's perfectly used to profanity and harassing the players but he said that even he was uncomfortable with the over the top attitudes of many of the fans in his section.

I can't vote on the issue myself but if this guy is offended then that's some professional grade a-holin' going on.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I find a disturbing lack of Rams apparel here in Philly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Go to Pats. You won't find anything about the Rams, but their cheesesteak makes up for it.

I went to the Rams Kickoff Party last night at the Linc with thousands of Eagles fans. Other than some comments questioning my sexual orientation and the marital status of my parents when I went into the restroom, I wasn't hassled beyond anything that I haven't heard elswhere. The group I was tailgating with stayed outside when PA Gal and I went in. We'll see how Sunday goes. BRM will be here Sunday to protect me...lol. I did hang out at the Linc parking lot for about 7 hours and had alot of fun.

Other notes....
    - The Eagles feel confident that they will win Sunday. They are in for one hell of a surprise.
    - I thanked many Eagles fans for coming to the Rams Kickoff Party last night. Some of them laughed, some of them were shocked.
    - We have tried Pat's before and we are thinking of trying Geno's today...but we have to find it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

After having experienced the kickoff party on Thursday and the game on Sunday, I declare the Eagles fans as not bad. In fact, they have a lack of creativity with regard to hurling insults. I heard three basic insults:

"Rams suck!"
    "A-hole, a-hole" (a pseudo-singing chant)
    "F the Rams!" (only heard twice)

When I received the a-hole chant, I would stop and motion for them to sing it louder.

I not only wore a jersey and hat into the stadium, I yelled for my team. Randy and I only saw two other Rams fans in team apparel....one was a pre-teen boy...who I complimented on his choice of teams.

The only place that I had difficulty in the game was in the restroom. Like Thursday, they didn't want to let me pee. None of them got by me this time. I think they are used to people cowering to their reputation.

I declare their reputation as a myth. Cowboys fans are more docile, and Chiefs fans are meaner and more abusive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I find it interesting that there are no comments on my experience. There were certainly a number of opinions before I attended.

One other consideration...if anyone would have antagonized the Eagles fans, you know it would be me. Even when we are getting whooped, I still yell for a sack, a catch, any small victories along the way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    ...one was a pre-teen boy...who I complimented on his choice of teams.
    I didn't count him...while he went into the game with a jersey on...his mother made him take it off and put on an Eagles t-shirt "because she didn't want him getting beaten up". The poor kid looked embarrassed when he ran into us after the game. He said "I feel so ashamed" (for not still wearing the jersey).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I had a good time in Kansas City, you had a good time in Philly. I'm glad you had a good time, I didn't want you to have a bad time, except that Rams losing part couldn't have felt good. I wasn't just making the stuff up that I said. So whatever, I maintain the Eagles fans are some of the worst in the league. Vikings fans may still be the worst.

YodaRam Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman View Post
    I didn't count him...while he went into the game with a jersey on...his mother made him take it off and put on an Eagles t-shirt "because she didn't want him getting beaten up". The poor kid looked embarrassed when he ran into us after the game. He said "I feel so ashamed" (for not still wearing the jersey).
    Are you sure that the boy was "ashamed (for not still wearing the jersey)"? Or was he referring to the Rams on- the- field performance? I know that "embarrassed" and "ashamed" along with a "heaping helping" of PATHETIC came to my mind during and following the game.

RAM ON!
    S.L.O.P.P.Y.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast