HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

If I were an insurance salesman....

...there's no premium too high to charge Kurt Warner for a healthcare policy...or for that matter a life insurance policy.

I'm watching the Chiefs / Cards preseason game and with 3 minutes left in the first quarter, I can honestly say, "I fear for Warner's life". His O-line is horrible. The Chiefs are doing whatever they want to do, and whoever they want to do it to. And don't expect Arrington to take any heat off Warner. He can't block anything. Everyone is blowing him up on the way to Warner. I think the Chiefs just blitzed their equipment manager and HE knocked Arrington on his butt.

Yea, I know, it's just preseason....well, it's their 1st string too!

For the life of me, I don't know what anybody who picked the Cards to win the West is thinking.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: If I were an insurance salesman....

For the life of me, I don't know what anybody who picked the Cards to win the West is thinking.
    Its the fantasy football mentality. People see a few "big names" at the skill positions and assume that the team will be good, even if the players that don't get the headlines (i.e. O line) are not very good.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

What were the people who picked the Cards thinking? Probably hoping that the Cards fared better than the Lions have the last three seasons that these same people picked them to win the NFC North.

More often than not, it's people trying to look smart. The Cardinals have made a lot of improvements, but have as many if not more question marks than at least two of the other NFC West teams. Yet picking them would be praised as genius in the off chance the Cards actually came through. If they don't, deny, deny, deny.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Owing to Warner's abilities at leadership, Dennis Green's coaching, and the weak schedule the Tards are playing this year (the Chefs are NOT too weak...), I still say they will go 8-8 IF Warner stays healthy.
    If not, maybe the Tards O-line could make money endorsing Kraft Swiss Cheese...