RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I'm jelous of Seattle I just relized

The reasons:

1) They have a great line with a great Runningback. We have a crappy line with an OK at best Runningback.

2) They have a play making defense with Ken Lucas, Jamie Sharper, Andre Dyson, Bryce Fisher and there Rookie MLB. We have... No one

3) They have an overall great team. We have an overall OK at best team.

I came to my senses and am jelous of there team. We have nothing. They have alot even though they will blow it. I'm just jelous of what they have.

RamsFan16

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: I'm jelous of Seattle I just relized

Actually, they don't have Ken Lucas, the Panthers do. I'm guessing you're formulating your stance here watching the Sunday night game, but don't forget they're playing Houston.

Do you really think we have nothing?? We have guys that are willing to play in pain and never give up, who manage to stay competitive in games despite all the problems and adversity. Maybe they can show you a thing or two tomorrow night.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

I meant Kem Hamlin. Yea we have nothing. On offense we have the best but its covered up by our Defense that is never at the game. Look at this pretty embarassing stat:

Points For- 128
    Points Against- 148

Thats embarassing. We suck on D and thats the bottom line as you all may know.
    RamsFan16

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Yeah, you are what your record says you are. We were .500 last year, and so far, and below that. Could get back to .500 this week, but almost seems a bit far fetched.

I feel the same way when I watch a number of teams that look solid in all facets of the game, including our friends in Seattle. I'm getting really tired of this sloppy Rams play with turnovers, special teams gafs, and just overall undiscipline. I don't know if Vitt can change that, but for all Mike Martz has done for this team, I see that nowadays defenses are so good in this league that some version of a west coast philosophy is probaby a better approach to winning a larger percentage of games, avoiding turnovers, etc.. And if you do it like some, you can still open it up when you need to, but not all day long, and keep your defense fresh by controlling the clock...and believe me, I don't mean going boring, or "ground chuck"...just balanced and high percentage most of the time.

(and please don't throw stats of Martz' winning percentage out there. We got away with the sloppiness for awhile, and were innovative, but now it's just sloppy. We are less than .500 in the last 25 games... that's a lifetime in the NFL.)

Another post showed the stats of the Rams in the bottom five of turnovers (INT's and fumbles), sacks, plays for loss, etc... and I would throw in, field position, kick off coverage, and probably lost challenges.....sounds like every one of the last 25 games to me.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

You can't judge Seattle from them laying a beat down on Houston.

Largent80 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    The reasons:

1) They have a great line with a great Runningback. We have a crappy line with an OK at best Runningback.

2) They have a play making defense with Ken Lucas, Jamie Sharper, Andre Dyson, Bryce Fisher and there Rookie MLB. We have... No one

3) They have an overall great team. We have an overall OK at best team.

I came to my senses and am jelous of there team. We have nothing. They have alot even though they will blow it. I'm just jelous of what they have.
    Ken Lucas plays in Carolina now.

Andre Dyson got hurt in the game against the Rams last week.

We played the worst team in the nfl tonight and did what we should have, so next week we play Dallas and that should let us know where we stand as a team IMO
    NFC West Champions Again in 2005

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Largent80
    Ken Lucas plays in Carolina now.

Andre Dyson got hurt in the game against the Rams last week.

We played the worst team in the nfl tonight and did what we should have, so next week we play Dallas and that should let us know where we stand as a team IMO
    Now this is a fair assesment. Well said.

sbramfan is offline Registered User

We played the worst team in the nfl tonight and did what we should have
    Well, we played the second worst team in the NFL and got our asses handed to us on a platter.

I personally am not all of a sudden judging Seattle by their performance tonight. Based on what i've seen of them this year, I knew they would win, and guess what????? They did...convincingly. It's called winning the games you're supposed to win.

Let's see, the games the Rams won convincingly were....ummm....well.... Detroit in Pre-season, right?

All I'm saying is, Seattle will face a tougher opponent in Dallas, but they are a good team and are simply trying to judge "how good" vs. Dallas.

We are trying to find out if we will make every "Joe Jerivicous" in the league look like Jerry Rice reincarnated.

That is the distinction between our two teams at this point.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sbramfan
    Well, we played the second worst team in the NFL and got our asses handed to us on a platter.
    I must have missed this game...?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Large_Ant is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I must have missed this game...?
    I think he's referring to the opener against Arizona. The way I see it though, stinking it up in the opener isn't a big deal. Just means they caught you sleeping. I doubt they'll sweep.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Large_Ant
    I think he's referring to the opener against Arizona. The way I see it though, stinking it up in the opener isn't a big deal. Just means they caught you sleeping. I doubt they'll sweep.
    Do you mean San Fran?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Large_Ant is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Do you mean San Fran?
    Yeah, I do. San Fran. Arizona. Easy to get them confused nowadays...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Large_Ant
    Yeah, I do. San Fran. Arizona. Easy to get them confused nowadays...
    Very true...a couple of crappy teams bidding to become the winner of the top draft pick.

Of course, who am I to joke on them. If the season ended right now, the Rams would be picking #7. :O
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod