laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm so sick of the attitudes and opinions

While listening to Sirius Satellite radio (NFL TALK) last night and again this morning, I'm about ready to snap!

Last night Sheine (sp?) and Wilcotts were blowing this whole Patriots scandal off. Basically saying it's not a big deal let's apply the penalty/penalties and move. This morning Bob Papa and Randy Cross (Pro Patriot by the way) were doing the same thing. Trying to say that Eric Mangini Headcoach of the JETS was using this issue as a ploy to take the attention off of his struggling team. YEAH RIGHT!!

Well they had a live interview via the telephone this morning with Bengals Headcoach Marvin Lewis. They finally got around to the Patriot subject fully expecting to hear Marvin Lewis brush it off like everyone else has been.

Marvin Lewis responded by saying and he admitted it was a bit of a cop out that this issue will be handled by the NFL Commissioner. But and this is a big but, I will say that there are a few sacred rules that nobody in the NFL tinkers with and this is one of them.

Major props to Marvin Lewis in my mind. Finally someone stepped up to the plate and admitted that this was a very serious issue.

IMHO it's cheating no matter how you slice it, no matter how it's accomplished or how the tapes are used. Bill Belchicks' integrity is in question here big time!!!
    Last edited by laram0; -09-15-2007 at 12:39 AM.

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Re: I'm so sick of the attitudes and opinions

I feel your frustration.

Last night I was watching ESPN and they had Sean Sailburysteak on the Budweiser hot seat and all he did is defend the Pats. It was really pissing me off.
    Especially, when he says, "They, like everyone else are just looking for a competative edge. It's no big deal, I'm sure they aren't the only ones doing it".

Is it just me or is there something very wrong in what he said. I mean isn't that why players take steroids? To gain a competative edge. It must be okay because others are doing it.

This is bull crap! Being that the coach knew what the heck was going on I think he should be suspended for the remainder of the season. Especially, after he didn't quite understand the rule. Playing stupid is reserved for: husbands and hot chicks.

Not a 50 something year old cheater!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by badmoforamfan View Post
    Playing stupid is reserved for: husbands and hot chicks.

Not a 50 something year old cheater!
    Preech to the masses!!!

marccat is offline Registered User

Nothing new for the Splats!! Remember what they did to our recievers in the S.B.? Whats that saying "it ain't cheatin' till your caught" well....Thanks for the right on takes guys!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Amen, brother. We bring the hammer down on steroid users because they're cheating. We suspend guys who get in trouble with the law for breaking the rules. How can we hold these guys to such a rigid moral standard if we're going to say "if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'" when the coach gets caught? No more excuses. Goodell needs to show people that no one is above the law.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Just to follow up on this, the Patriots were on the front of the latest issue of Sports Illustrated. One of the headlines reads, "Tom Brady as God". And Rick Reilly wrote up an article about how to date supermodels like Tom Brady. He said Brady had integrity and personal responsibility among other things (with only a passing comment about how Brady broke up with his pregnant girlfriend to date another model).

One of Brady's quotes on how to get women: "You can't let them know you're that interested. I try to get this across to my best friend. He's really into this girl, but I keep telling him she's got to leave that date thinking, What's wrong with me?"

It's just more Patriot mania. It doesn't even matter that the scandal broke.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Scandal? What scandal? "There is no such thing as 'bad press' "
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

dramswin13 is offline Registered User

I've got xmradio. Foxsports radio from 3-7 has a show called the Drive with Chris Meyers. He cuts the Pats no slack whatsoever. 4 hours of Belicheat bashing is awesome.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is online now Registered User

I was listening to some stupid show on the NFL Network today and these two idiots were saying Belechick did it and got caught on purpose against the Jets so that it would take the pressure off of his team and they could just win. Was the stupidest take I've yet to hear on this whole thing. The press' love affair with the Patriots is sickening.