LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

Inside The NFL disses NFC west

I must say Im really pissed off at this moment. I have been watching this show for quite awhile and usually it is my favorite NFL program. At the beginning of tomights show they explained that do to a new format that would use better sound for the games and more on field documentation that some games would not be shown. How did I know that this would mean the Rams game would not be shown. Not only did they not show the Rams game but none of the NFC West matchups were shown.I stayed up late to watch this because I was at work while the original broadcast times were ran. It really angered me.

The thing that made it worse was the things they added that took away from the time. First I got to see them add a story about Bill Cowhers family to the Steelers game. Wow like I have not seen this a million times in the off season. Granted his oldest Meghan is quite the hottie but seriously now. Im not even a Steelers fan and I have heard the whole story before. Then we got to see how emtional it was fot the Titans center to be playing against his old jets team. Wow I was glued to the television. @#$% Then of course we had to see the behind the scenes of the Manning bowl, who cares???

I personally think the NFL should be like hey its a show for NFL fans always has been. Go back to showing all the highlights of every game. A whole hour and the only squirt I hear of the game is about Plumber having a bad game against the Rams.That is the one NFL show that I have always looked foward to watching and usually gets set to record on my DVR. It was really disappointing to not see every game covered.

If Im not alone in this and you want to complain here is the link
    http://www.hbo.com/apps/submitinfo/c...stiontype=infl
    Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -09-15-2006 at 04:29 AM.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Inside The NFL disses NFC west

That is lame. I think every game deserves to have the highlights shown. I could care less about Cowher's family and the Manning Bowl. It sounds lijke they are getting caught up in adding drama instead of using the actual footage. Too bad.
    :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thoey is offline Registered User

Hey, besides the Seahawks, the NFC West has been slammed for a couple years. And, not completely undeserving. Under the radar...

That being said, yeah, they should have shown all the highlights...
    This space for rent...

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

There was also no bears who had a great performance. No chargers again a great performance. In all I think there was maybe 8 out of the 16 games covered.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
    I must say Im really pissed off at this moment. I have been watching this show for quite awhile and usually it is my favorite NFL program. At the beginning of tomights show they explained that do to a new format that would use better sound for the games and more on field documentation that some games would not be shown. How did I know that this would mean the Rams game would not be shown. Not only did they not show the Rams game but none of the NFC West matchups were shown.
    Couldn't agree more. The new format is absolutely rediculous. I was really looking forward to the show, as I have for years, but it almost seems pointless now. I kept watching the time tick down and was thinking the Ram game would be saved for one of the last segments, but was obviously disappointed when they were not even mentioned.

I actually thought the human interest segments were okay, but the show is about the games, which should all be represented. A better option would have been to expand the length of the episodes or put on another show all together that dealt with the stories.

I've got to believe we're not the only ones who are unhappy. It will be interesting to see if HBO sticks to the format.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Makes no sense, the NFC West has represented the NFC in the Superbowl 3 of the last 7 seasons. They need to get their priorities straight.

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

It will be interesting to see if HBO sticks to the format.
    Well if enough of us complain maybe we could make a difference. I dont think my link works. Just go to hbo.com. Im sure most could figure out how to get to the contact us portion. Just let them know they are gonna ruin a great show.

zgare is offline Registered User

Except for last year, hasn't the wild card for the NFC been coming out of the NFC West for most of the previous several years?
    ZGare