Athens is offline Registered User

Isaac Bruce Interview.... good interview.

Ive always respected Bruce because he was a hard working perfectionist that used to torch us down field and never talked it up. But I didn't really know who he was. Since coming over to the N*iners, he has been very quiet and pretty much refuses to participate with the media... untill recently. A couple local Niner beat writers have finally gotten him to open up and what they are revealing is nothing short of an amazing character. He is the ultimate football player and the ultimate human being... A truly amazing character.

Read this: Isaac Bruce is a leader the ***** need - PressDemocrat.com

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: Isaac Bruce Interview.... good interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Athens View Post
    Ive always respected Bruce because he was a hard working perfectionist that used to torch us down field and never talked it up. But I didn't really know who he was. Since coming over to the N*iners, he has been very quiet and pretty much refuses to participate with the media... untill recently. A couple local Niner beat writers have finally gotten him to open up and what they are revealing is nothing short of an amazing character. He is the ultimate football player and the ultimate human being... A truly amazing character.

Read this: Isaac Bruce is a leader the ***** need - PressDemocrat.com
    Amazing interview from an amazing man. Whether you are religious or not there is so much wisdom in what he says. He's the Anti-Ocho Cinco. I don't think I'll ever forgive this organization for letting him go.

Brain Daddy is offline Registered User

I wasn't real keen on the Isaac Bruce signing initially. In part because of his age, but also because for over the last 10 years he's been Mr. Ram. It's hard to get used to, but I have to say the man is growing on me.

That was actually a nice interview Bruce had with Lowell Cohn, but his other interviews haven't been quite as productive. He generally sits at his locker with his back to reporters and gives short answers, if he answers at all. He had a little more to say to the other day, but he seemed kind of sarcastic and disinterested. I got the impression he'd rather be getting a root canal.

Link:
    http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=2263510&mode=

I'm not a fan of the media, so I personally thought his answers were hilarious. However, as someone who is far less familiar with his media persona, I'd like to ask: Has Bruce always been this tight-lipped? Is common for him?

I didn't buy him as a quarterback. He's just so stiff, especially when he drops back to pass. Really stiff. He reminds me of Kurt Warner.
    -- Kevan Barlow on Adam Sandler's performance in The Longest Yard

atcchris is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Amazing interview from an amazing man. Whether you are religious or not there is so much wisdom in what he says. He's the Anti-Ocho Cinco. I don't think I'll ever forgive this organization for letting him go.
    For me as a Ram fan, I mourn Bruce and Warner's loss (and others) from our team, but these guys are professionals... this is their job, and they're receiving a blessing they don't feel is an entitlement... so I have to be happy for them in their professional success.

Nothing will diminish what they did as Rams.... the tragedy is that we have to go on living with the buffoonery in the front office... they don't learn from these things... they think they did "what they had to do".

They had other choices they could have made... the proof is in the results... Bruce and Warner having great success... for other teams... would be fine if the Rams were also successful.. unfortunately... not so much.

Athens is offline Registered User

^Hey man, we had to watch Jerry Rice suit up in Black and Silver and Joe Montana finish his career in Kansas City. It was a terrible experience. I understand completely. But look at the bright side, you get to watch him up close twice a year!

I am not very religious but am occasionally inspired by someone who is. I read a book called "I Am Third" by Gale Sayers who was an incredible running back for Chicago and his thing was... "God is First, Friends and Family is second, and I am third." Its a great book if you have not read it, that guy overcame major major injuries over and over again. I think the reason religion is so encouraging in the NFL is because so many players have the "me me me" attitude and the guys like Bruce and even Warner who are deeply religious don't have that air about them.
    Last edited by Athens; -09-20-2008 at 02:53 PM.

atcchris is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Athens View Post
    ^Hey man, we had to watch Jerry Rice suit up in Black and Silver and Joe Montana finish his career in Kansas City. It was a terrible experience. I understand completely. But look at the bright side, you get to watch him up close twice a year!

I am not very religious but am occasionally inspired by someone who is. I read a book called "I Am Third" by Gale Sayers who was an incredible running back for Chicago and his thing was... "God is First, Friends and Family is second, and I am third." Its a great book if you have not read it, that guy overcame major major injuries over and over again. I think the reason religion is so encouraging in the NFL is because so many players have the "me me me" attitude and the guys like Bruce and even Warner who are deeply religious don't have that air about them.
    Awesome book... Gayle Sayers was an awesome player and a great man... his and Brian Piccolo's friendship was a great thing at a time when the US really needed to see sincere black and white friendships modeled.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

how much are we missing Isaac Bruce right now,class guy and class player,it still bothers me that he isn't here,horrible move by the FO but we already know that.