Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: It's Already Happening
It's Already Happening
ESPN has named their "Five Teams Most Likely To Make Next Year's Playoffs". In other words, the 2007 season's 'pet teams'. Here's their choices:
3. Green Bay
I'm not a fortune teller, nor am I the most knowledgeable person about football, but here's my take on this:
1. The Bengals are not a bad team, but they are not a great one, either. There's quite a bit of work for them to do to even think about getting a lock on the postseason.
2. Green Bay? Doubtful, unless it's going to be "Favre's Packers", and then the only way they'll have a prayer is if the officials "help" them out.
3. The Bills are still a couple of years away. They did not renew Fletcher's contract. He was their top tackler. There are other spots (like QB) that are not solid enough to make it any further than a possible wild card.
4. The Steelers - Riiiiight. New coach, disfunctional offense....yeah, a real playoff contender. I'm not writing them 100% off, but unless they make some fantastic moves in the offseason, they won't be a playoff team.
5. I deliberately saved the whiners for last. They have showed that they are an up-and-coming team. However, their DC is no longer with them, if I heard correctly. I pray that Seattle gives them permission to interview Marmie. They also have some key players who are going to be free agents, and I doubt that they will all return. The whiners will be a team that has a shot, and a good shot at that. I don't know why, but I have a feeling that there will be a three-way battle for the West next year, as long as the Cards hire a real HC. If that happens, it will probably be the Rams and whiners neck-and-neck for the crown, the Cards a half game out, and the squawks about two or three games back. I just don't like the thought that the whiners are already being crowned. It feels like this has happened before...:\
of Los Angeles