Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16
    rams_fan81's Avatar
    rams_fan81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ohio
    Age
    21
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: It's official...

    They wouldn't have been there , they would have been on the one at least, Hines wasn't MVP it was the officiating crew.


  2. #17
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,323
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: It's official...

    Did not really enjoy SBXL (that's official) and, as NY said, I'm glad the season is over*.

    I don't believe the Zebra men were favoring anybody. In fact, the play when Matt took off running and the ball came out from under him as he slid and hit the ground ... I thought that was called correctly as a fumble (recovered by Steelers), because the so called "contact" on him by the defender was only incidental -- Matt was already going down on his own effort to slide. Instead, the call was overulled and the ball given back to Seattle.


    *. GO RAMS! :clanram:
    Last edited by RealRam; -02-06-2006 at 04:12 PM.

  3. #18
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,373
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: It's official...

    Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81
    They wouldn't have been there , they would have been on the one at least
    And who knows what would have happened then. The bottom line is Seattle still had the ball after the penalty, and made a mistake themselves.

    The refs were very poor, but they were far from the only reason Seattle lost this game.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  4. #19
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Here
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,465
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: It's official...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    And who knows what would have happened then. The bottom line is Seattle still had the ball after the penalty, and made a mistake themselves.

    The refs were very poor, but they were far from the only reason Seattle lost this game.
    Seattle missed FGs, dropped passes, and had horrible clock management, poor officiating was a very small factor if not a non-factor.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE


  5. #20
    NY RAMFAN's Avatar
    NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    381
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: It's official...

    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    poor officiating was a very small factor if not a non-factor.
    Agree, but they shouldn't be a factor at all, not in this game, not in any game.
    The fact that during and after the game we still talk about them shows that like it or not they were a factor

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Glenrothes, SCOTLAND
    Posts
    9,963
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: It's official...

    its a game, played by humans, its always a factor. I dont know why people are always surprised.


  7. #22
    NY RAMFAN's Avatar
    NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    381
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: It's official...

    Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    its a game, played by humans, its always a factor. I dont know why people are always surprised.
    Yeap, the first holding call is a human error, the second interference call is a mistake, the third TD error is questionable, the forth low tacke error is a . . . .the fifth holding error is the .... the sixth, theseventh the eitgh....
    We all agree that the umps can make mistakes, we're all humans after all, but yesterday, from my point of view, the just made too many mistakes and all against the squawks (but I'm ok with that!!!)

  8. #23
    talkstoangels61's Avatar
    talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    53
    Posts
    954
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: It's official...

    i thought Seattle had a chance to win but, Matt threw that INT that killed them! I was rooting for both teams bettis Wistrom,94! Cant believe i cant think of his name!..............Didnt start watching it until late 3rd quarter so i relly cant say alot! Did see a few bad calls though!......If Seattle would have won i would have been happy for the Hawks fans! There are some classy fans that come to our forum quite often! bettis will now retire and Pittsburg wont even make the playoffs i would imagine!

  9. #24
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,373
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: It's official...

    Quote Originally Posted by NY RAMFAN
    Yeap, the first holding call is a human error, the second interference call is a mistake, the third TD error is questionable, the forth low tacke error is a . . . .the fifth holding error is the .... the sixth, theseventh the eitgh....
    We all agree that the umps can make mistakes, we're all humans after all, but yesterday, from my point of view, the just made too many mistakes and all against the squawks (but I'm ok with that!!!)
    This would be a much bigger issue if Seattle had played a better game and the margin of error between win and loss was closer, but Seattle blundered their way through every aspect of this game, making mistake after mistake after mistake. Even when the officials made questionable calls in terms of the offensive PI or the hold, Seattle still had the ball and still could have taken it right back into the endzone for the TD... but didn't, because of their own failures.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Three
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  10. #25
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,187
    Rep Power
    108

    Re: It's official...

    If Big Ben doesn't throw that lolipop pass that was intercepted this game would have been a BLOW OUT.

    Big Ben kept the inept and nervous Seahawks in the game.

    Thank you Steelers for covering the line of 4, I'll take the $500.00.

    :tongue: LOL

  11. #26
    .ramfan.'s Avatar
    .ramfan. is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    23
    Posts
    321
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: It's official...

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    Some conspiracy theorists have predicted a Pittsburgh win due to a numerologic and symbolic connection to the Illuminati.

    My hopes for a 0-0 tie are over...I just wanna see a good game. Next to last NFL fix until pre-season.:down:
    Your right RFS. Theirs a radio show over here in Toronto that talks about this sorta stuff and they stated the same thing.

  12. #27
    NY RAMFAN's Avatar
    NY RAMFAN is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NY
    Age
    42
    Posts
    381
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: It's official...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    This would be a much bigger issue if Seattle had played a better game and the margin of error between win and loss was closer, but Seattle blundered their way through every aspect of this game, making mistake after mistake after mistake. Even when the officials made questionable calls in terms of the offensive PI or the hold, Seattle still had the ball and still could have taken it right back into the endzone for the TD... but didn't, because of their own failures.
    I agree what you are saying but pls understand what I'm saying. I couldn't care less on who won this SB, I just don't care. If my Rams are not in it, I just don't care.
    But put yourself in squawks shoes.
    1- threw a TD, UMPS said it was intereference.
    2- next play, strange holding.
    3- the D screws up giving a 20+ pass to their 1. then they hold no other than jerrome bettis in their 1 yard a couple of times (I have never seen him being stopped in the 1 over and over again) and the UMPS gives a strange TD (remember indisputable evidence)
    4- with the morale where it was they kept playing and manage to be 4 under. Their QB screws it up with a lousy pass and then 15 yards for low block from . . . THE QB!!!!
    5- in the middle you have all the strange holdings
    6- the fumble reversed, what if the sqwaks didn't have any TO left? the slight touch that hasselbeck received from their LB is the same touch jackson made to the CB.

    Eventhough we have been in the same position, it only aggravates me that the person that have to impart justice just doesn't do his job.
    What if we were there instead the sqwaks? would you accept that the UMPS just made errors over and over again all in the other teams favor? I would not.
    Furthermore as a worker It frustrates me that your whole year of hard work is screwed up because a couple of zebras didn't do their job. The seahawks weren't prepared for the SB and that is no excuse, but if they were, they would have lost anyway. IT is just not fair

  13. #28
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,323
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: It's official...

    Nos. 1, 4*, and 6 are hard to accept or argue against. I agree.

    *. - Why was that a penalty on Matt Hasslebeck to begin with!?!

    It is so difficult to grade a Super Bowl game as "fixed" bacause the scenario, the setting is carried out before many millions of eyes, particularly those that are watching with intense scrutiny on the sidelines (coaches, players with tons of experience).

    But your point is well taken, NY. Sometimes those professional men in the black and white DO NOT meet expectations.

    Strangely enough, yesterday's officials were among the best in the league.

    :tut

  14. #29
    RamsFanSam's Avatar
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,646
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: It's official...

    As each year passes, Super Bowls are less about the football and more about the spectacle. The playoff games are much better football.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •