Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rambos is offline Registered User

James questioning why he left Indianapolis

Cardinals | E. James questioning why he left Indianapolis
    Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:26:49 -0700
    The Associated Press reports Arizona Cardinals RB Edgerrin James is beginning to question why he left the Indianapolis Colts over the offseason. James carried the ball 13 times for 34 during the Week 7 game and has failed to top 100 rushing yards in a single game all season. "I wasn't prepared for this, man, I really wasn't. I don't know what we're doing now," said James.

You donít see guys making these kinds of statements he must really be in shock. Was he really thinking that the Tards could run block or block period? Did he not take a look at their front four from the pervious year? Maybe he just caught up in the Tard hype, he does look like an imposture when I see him play these days.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Re: James questioning why he left Indianapolis

These guys that chase paychecks often end up this way. He should stop his whining and help his teammates and coaches turn that team around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    The Associated Press reports Arizona Cardinals RB Edgerrin James is beginning to question why he left the Indianapolis Colts over the offseason.
    Question why he left the Colts? Who is he trying to kid? He knows full well he left because the Colts didn't want to show him the money and the Cardinals did. He couldn't swallow his pride, take a little less than he wanted and stay with a great team. If he and his agent didn't see this coming, they're fools. He's getting everything he asked for so he needs to shut up and look in the mirror if he has any complaints.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

It's the Show Me the Money syndrome. Now someone should show him the crying towel the big wussie...

RamFan_Til_I_Die is online now Registered User

James and Harrison were in the same boat. New young talent coming to the Colts at their position. Harrison stays and plays harder than ever and continues to be a top 5 NFL reciever. James gets intimidated about a possible loss of play time, starts shopping other teams, takes the highest offer from the Cardinals, then proceeds gets his old ass smacked around by every team they play, and is now arguably the worst starting RB in the NFL with a whopping 2.7 yards per carry average. If he didn't lead the league in carries, he'd look even more pathetic.

Here's the most hilarious of stats to me:

NAME, TEAM, ATT, YDS, AVG

E. James RB, ARI, 161, 432 2.7

Joseph Addai RB, IND, 70, 354, 5.1
    D. Rhodes RB, IND, 92, 299, 3.3

Yes that's right, with less than half of the carries of James, Addai has only 78 less yards. Combine Addai and Rhodes' yards and carries and you have 162 carries for 654 yards. That's one more carry for 222 more yards.

So what have we learned here?

(1) James, his agent, and whoever else he goes to for advice are complete morons.

(2) It doesn't matter who teams like the Colts, Broncos, Cowboys, and Steelers line up at the RB position, their offensive line play and coaching staff make anyone look good. And conversely anyone the Cardinals put in the backfield blows more often than Paris Hilton.

Maybe James should have learned from Emmitt Smith who also left a good team to join the Cardinals, produced nothing, and retired shortly after. Nothing like taking a crap on the franchises that made you two great only to retire a friggin Cardinal. Let's take a moment to honor two of the dumbest douchebag running backs in NFL history. Congrats guys, you deserved everything you got!

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Greed, arrogance and pride may have gotten him a new home in the desert, but it won't get him any closer to a Super Bowl than he was with Indianapolis...You reap what you sow...Stop whining, help your teammates, lead then sit around in the desert and count your money Edge...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

thoey is offline Registered User

Two letters near and dear to our hearts....

E.D.
    This space for rent...

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I wonder what made him sign on the dotted line? It wasn't as if the Bidwills had inspired a winning tradition. Why wasn't he prepared for it? They've been stinking the place up for years.

If he wants to win he should play better. It does make me laugh, especially in soccer, how guys who are meant to be the leaders of their teams say things like "I wasn't prepared for this". Sounds as if he isn't prepared to take the responsibility that comes with that huge paycheck.

bigredman is offline Registered User

Exactly Fat Pang. You crystallized the point I attempted to make in my earlier post. These guys that chase the fat paycheck need to know that they now have a RESPONSIBILITY to play harder than ever, without whining, to turn the losing ways of that team around. THAT'S WHY THEY PAID YOU ALL THAT MONEY! They sucked, and they paid you millions to make them NOT suck anymore. If you weren't "prepared" for that, then you are NOT a champion caliber player, and the Cardinals waisted their money on your ass!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Perhaps he wasn't prepared for this, but I'm sure he was prepared for the $30 million he was getting in exchange.

The funny thing is, the Colts aren't exactly missing him. Their rushing YPG is about the same as it has been the last two seasons with Edge, and they're still undefeated. Whoops!
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Milan is offline Registered User

Maybe he thought he was better than he really was and thought he could turn the franchise around without an O-Line.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Or maybe he just took his offensive linemen for granted back in Indy thinking he could work with anybody good enough to start on an NFL line. If he isn't happy, he ought to just suck it up. The Cards gave him 30 million reasons to join, and if those dollar signs in his eyes blinded him to the realities of the situation, it's his own fault. Funny how he had no idea what he was getting himself into, but just about any NFL fan could have told him exactly what to expect.

Rambos is offline Registered User

You would think he would have made a play or two by now. As bad as the O-line is, I would think he could catch a few out of the backfield. Maybe break a tackle or make a guy miss. He has not done that; that surprises me. I thought he would have an impact, of some kind.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    You would think he would have made a play or two by now. As bad as the O-line is, I would think he could catch a few out of the backfield. Maybe break a tackle or make a guy miss. He has not done that; that surprises me. I thought he would have an impact, of some kind.
    The $30 mil must be weighing him down.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    The funny thing is, the Colts aren't exactly missing him. Their rushing YPG is about the same as it has been the last two seasons with Edge, and they're still undefeated. Whoops!
    This is exactly why the Colts rolled the dice and did not offer James top dollar. They knew they had depth and talent in the backfield and were not going to mortgage the teams future on a 28 year old back who they thought could be replaced without much risk. Great move by the Colts IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast