RamWraith is offline Registered User

Javon Walker was found unconscious

Per RotoWorld:

Javon Walker-WR-Raiders Jun. 16 - 8:28 pm et

Fox 5 Las Vegas reports that Raiders WR Javon Walker was found unconscious with an "orbital fracture" on Flamingo Boulevard just off the Las Vegas strip early Monday morning.
    We caution that no other source has reported the news yet. Police reportedly don't know how he got the fracture, but he was listed in fair condition at an area hospital Monday. The Las Vegas Review Journal spotted Walker Saturday night at the Wynn spraying Dom Perignon Rose champagne he ordered.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: Javon Walker was found unconscious

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Oakland Raiders wide receiver Javon Walker was found unconscious on a Las Vegas street Monday after apparently being the victim of a robbery.

Police spokesman Bill Cassell said in a statement that Walker was taken to a hospital with "significant injuries" after being found early Monday on a street off the Las Vegas Strip.

Cassell said Walker remained in fair condition at Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center.

A Raiders spokesman said the team was "in the process of gathering information" and had no further comment.

Walker signed a six-year, $55 million deal with the Raiders after being released by the Denver Broncos in February.

Walker injured his right knee for the second time in his career last season and was limited to eight games and 26 catches in 2007.

Walker was a first-round draft pick by the Green Bay Packers in 2001 and had a breakout season in 2004 with 89 catches for 1,382 yards and 12 touchdowns.

He tore a ligament in his right knee the next season and played only one game.

He was traded to Denver in 2006 and bounced back with 69 catches for 1,084 yards and eight touchdowns.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Maybe his knees aren't 100%, and maybe age is starting to catch up to him a little; but, you'll never here.....

Torry Holt was found unconscious with an orbital fracture on a street in Las Vegas after spraying Dom Perignon Rose champagne.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

hear here!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Probably slammed his face into a slot machine and forgot he didn't have his helmet on!

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) -- The Oakland Raiders expect new receiver Javon Walker to be ready for training camp when he recovers from injuries incurred during a robbery in Las Vegas last weekend.

Raiders coach Lane Kiffin finally spoke to Walker by phone on Wednesday morning, more than two days after Walker was discovered unconscious and beaten on a back street near the Las Vegas Strip following a night of partying. Walker was released from a hospital after treatment for a concussion and facial injuries.

"The info that I have is he's going to be fine," Kiffin said. "Training camp won't be an issue. ... But until our guys look at him, I don't want to say (the extent of Walker's injuries)."

Kiffin said Walker was scheduled to fly to Oakland on Wednesday evening in time to attend the final session of the Raiders' organized team activities on Thursday, though he obviously won't suit up with quarterback JaMarcus Russell and his new teammates. Oakland opens training camp July 25 in Napa.

"We are aware that Javon Walker was the victim of a robbery," Raiders spokesman Mike Taylor said in a statement. "We have been told that he will make a full recovery in the near future and resume his preparation for the 2008 NFL season."

A Las Vegas police spokesman said a large amount of cash and expensive jewelry were taken from Walker, who was photographed earlier in the fateful evening spraying a nightclub crowd with champagne. His agent, Kennard McGuire, said Walker was "recovering in a private environment" on Wednesday.

Walker signed a six-year, $55 million deal with the Raiders after the Denver Broncos released him in February. The 29-year-old former Packers star has participated in some offseason work with Russell, though Kiffin said two weeks ago that Walker was "a little heavy" for workouts.

Russell has been a high-profile star since high school, and the former No. 1 draft pick is fully aware of the dangers inherent in such a high-profile profession.

"There's people out there," Russell said. "Just be careful and watch your surroundings. Watch out, or always carry somebody with you when you go out. Just watch yourself and know that you're representing a whole bunch of people when you're out there."

Details of Walker's party night still were sketchy, and the Raiders weren't expected to make Walker available to the media on the final day of workouts, with Thursday scheduled to be closed to reporters.

But Walker knows the dangers of nighttime partying better than most athletes.

On Jan. 1, 2007, a still-unidentified gunman targeted a car carrying Walker and several Broncos teammates in a drive-by shooting outside a downtown Denver nightclub. Darrent Williams, a defensive back, died in Walker's arms in their rented limousine after an apparent altercation between a handful of athletes and other partygoers.

Nobody has been arrested or charged in Williams' slaying. Walker and other witnesses said Broncos teammate Brandon Marshall had sprayed that crowd with champagne, which might have sparked the confrontation that led to the shooting.

"All we can do is educate (players) the best that we can," Kiffin said. "We can't babysit them. ... Not many good things happen after midnight, and this is another example of that, another reminder of how dangerous it is out there."

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Spraying Dom Perignon in Vegas is like spraying Bud Light at the Star of Texas Rodeo. Someone is going to get really mad at your arrogant self.

Former Broncos receiver Javon Walker sprays champagne at a Las Vegas hotel June 16. Walker was beaten and robbed a few hours later. (Melissa Reese via AP )

Reports dispute Walker's story of robbery
    The Denver Post

Doubts are surfacing about Raiders receiver Javon Walker's story that he was kidnapped from his Las Vegas hotel room before being beaten, robbed and left in a street off the strip.

According to the the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Las Vegas Metro police have surveillance video of Walker getting into a car on his own power the morning before he was found.

Las Vegas TV station KVBC-TV published a statement last week from the MGM-Mirage, owner of the Bellagio Hotel, saying: "The facts that have been reported regarding the incident involving Javon Walker are incorrect. I am unable to provide further detail out of respect for the Metro investigation which is currently underway."

Walker told a gossip website last Tuesday that he was abducted from his room at the Bellagio.

"I was just back at my room, and at about 5:30 in the morning, I got a knock at the door," Walker told TheDirty.com. "I opened it, and three guys with guns were there. They cracked me in the head a few times, knocking me unconscious.

"They then robbed me of everything I had; my watch, money, everything. Somehow they got me to a car and dropped me off in the street. That's what happened."

Walker was found in a pool of blood around 7:30 a.m. June 16 about a block east of Las Vegas Boulevard. The Hard Rock Hotel confirmed Walker left Body English nightclub sometime after 3 a.m., after spraying clubgoers with champagne. Las Vegas police said he was taken to a hospital with "significant injuries."

Police said a large amount of cash and expensive jewelry were taken from Walker.

Walker was released by the Broncos in February. He signed a $55 million contract with the Raiders, including $16 million in guarantees and $27 million over the first three years.