Thread: jay cutler

ramsfan559 is offline Registered User

jay cutler

hey what do you guys think of
    a marc bulger/1st round pick
    for jay cutler??...i personally thought the rams should have drafted cutler in 06 instead of trading down and getting tye hill.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Re: jay cutler

Quote Originally Posted by ramsfan559 View Post
    hey what do you guys think of
    a marc bulger/1st round pick
    for jay cutler??...i personally thought the rams should have drafted cutler in 06 instead of trading down and getting tye hill.
    Gee...that's such a unique idea, I wonder why nobody else has posted it?

Oh wait...they have.

A-Web is offline Registered User

I am not a financial buff in the areas of contacts, but it has been brough up in this forum before, and it seems that for some reason, we would take a huge salary hit, and that basically Bulger is untouchable until the end of this coming season. I think we have to sit on him for another year, even though I don't quite understand the technicalities to it. Maybe someone else can clarify.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Cutler is such a cry-baby, I just don't want him in a Rams uniform. He just really rubs me the wrong way.

ramforever5 is offline Registered User

I'll take a cry baby cutler over a brain dead bulger anyday.

That guys a waste of talent and money.

Keenum is offline Registered User

To tell the truth, I don't think it would matter if we had Bulger, Cutler, Marino, or Montana behind center, our O-line has GOT to get better first and foremost! I wouldn't trade our #1 pick, because we will probably be using that on O-line.
    I still think Bulger can be effective, but he has got to have faith the O-line can protect him. Ever since week 2 of 2007 (9ers game), you could tell Bulger had very little confidence in the guys up front.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    To tell the truth, I don't think it would matter if we had Bulger, Cutler, Marino, or Montana behind center, our O-line has GOT to get better first and foremost! I wouldn't trade our #1 pick, because we will probably be using that on O-line.
    I still think Bulger can be effective, but he has got to have faith the O-line can protect him. Ever since week 2 of 2007 (9ers game), you could tell Bulger had very little confidence in the guys up front.

No Keenum, you don't understand. Kurt Warner won the Super Bowl. Not Marshall Faulk. Not Isaac Bruce. Not Torry Holt. Not Mike Jones. Kurt Warner. That's all you need is a QB. You don't need an offensive line that's very good. You don't need a RB that picks up blitzes like no other in the history of the NFL. You don't need 4 WR's that get open on every play. You don't need a stout defense to make a play when it needs to. All a team needs is a QB.

Don't you know that?

TheTalkOfTheArch is offline Registered User

now that its official that broncos are looking to trade cutler...im bumping this thread. I agree with the general consensus that you need more than a QB to win the superbowl buuuut...Cutler fits right into the age group of our core...would it hurt to go younger at QB? Who knows how long it'll be before we're competitive again..3..4 years? We'd be looking at a 36 year old Bulger.

Also seeing as how this is practically a fresh new start we wouldn't be losing ground bringing in a new QB, Cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTalkOfTheArch View Post
    now that its official that broncos are looking to trade cutler...im bumping this thread. I agree with the general consensus that you need more than a QB to win the superbowl buuuut...Cutler fits right into the age group of our core...would it hurt to go younger at QB? Who knows how long it'll be before we're competitive again..3..4 years? We'd be looking at a 36 year old Bulger.

Also seeing as how this is practically a fresh new start we wouldn't be losing ground bringing in a new QB, Cutler.
    His moderately good talent does not override the rather significant chemistry issues he brings to the party. Who's to say he won't pull this again in 2-3 years?

Pass.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

would it hurt to go younger at QB?
    I think it would hurt to add his poor attitude to the locker room. Talent or not, I'll pass.

Bulger doesn't have a poor attitude in the locker room? I think not stepping up and being a vocal leader/leader period is just as bad as having a "brattish" attitude.

Bulger doesn't have a poor attitude in the locker room? I think not stepping up and being a vocal leader/leader period is just as bad as having a "brattish" attitude.
    Well, I disagree completely. But even if you don't like Bulger's attitude, I fail to see how adding another poor attitude is the solution.

well, I don't think Cutler has that poor of an attitude....he was upset about the direction the Broncos were going and trade rumors. Shows me he cares.

I really haven't seen any signs from Bulger that he's passionate about winning. That's not to knock bulger..that's probably just not his personality but I know Cutler wants to be a winner.

well, I don't think Cutler has that poor of an attitude....he was upset about the direction the Broncos were going and trade rumors. Shows me he cares.
    If it had lasted a day or a couple of days, I'd agree. The fact that he's kept this act up all the way until now and has even refused to talk to the owner of the team suggests to me that he's a pretty big crybaby who took his ball and went home when things didn't completely go his way. There's no excuse for Cutler extending his behavior this long, IMO. Not taking a call from the owner regarding this situation is inexcusable to me.

I really haven't seen any signs from Bulger that he's passionate about winning.
    Do you want him to start taking pom-poms to the huddle? I don't get it. So many people assume that the only way a person can show leadership is by making sure everyone hears him. There's so much we as fans don't see, but Bulger is said by many to not be a leader because he isn't running the sidelines or pumping his fists. I think the fact that Bulger was one of the first players at Rams Park already at work for next season shows he's passionate about winning, but maybe that's just me.

This offseason isn't the first time Cutler has shot his mouth off, invited trouble from others, and generally made his existence known in a negative light. He has a history of saying stupid things that don't endear himself to his fellow players, and the Rams should therefore steer clear of this.

This also ignores how prima donna personalities, such as Cutler, don't like media black holes such as St. Louis. He very likely could bolt the first chance he gets in free agency. How does that help the Rams in the long term?