MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Jay Feely and Michael Kay interview concerning current NFL labor dispute

Towards the end of the interview Feely relates to Michael that Jerry Richardson (owner of the Panthers) directed a condescending remark to Peyton Manning and another player regarding to their abilities to correctly interpret a revenue chart. Right now things appear rather bleak .. Oh well ...

For the Mods: I asked and received permission from Nick to post the link for this interview.

http://fb.me/SIBSeASL

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Jay Feely and Michael Kay interview concerning current NFL labor dispute

i didn`t realize that players were present at these meetings ,just thought it was owners and union reps. i hope Randy Moss don`t show up to grade the buffet..

p.s that is in reply to what you had written Maui...i couldn`t open the link (problem probably with my pc rather than the link itself )
    Last edited by Ramblin` Ram; -02-14-2011 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    i didn`t realize that players were present at these meetings ,just thought it was owners and union reps. i hope Randy Moss don`t show up to grade the buffet..

p.s that is in reply to what you had written Maui...i couldn`t open the link (problem probably with my pc rather than the link itself )
    Often union reps are either active or retired players. Apparently at this particular meeting, Drew Brees and Peyton Manning were present in some official capacity .. I rechecked the link, and it worked ok - there is no video by the way, just audio ..

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

If true, the idea of Jerry Richardson condescending to Manning who was Phi Beta Kappa and completed his communications/business degree a year early while tearing up college football is pretty funny. Jerry's Panthers , on the other hand, are a sorry mess & have never been more than moderately successful. Plus you & your genius billionaire buddies voted on the last 60-40 deal, Jerry; I'd say you're the ones who need to learn how to read a chart.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -02-16-2011 at 07:18 AM.

Since I posted this, it only fair to post the "other player's" response to Feely's comments on the condescending remarks made by Jerry Richardson:

From The Redzone

Drew Brees downplays Jerry Richardson's comments

2/18/2011 4:53:09 PM

Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post reports New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees downplayed reports that Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson was rude and condescending to him and Indianapolis Colts quarterback Drew Brees during a bargaining session at the Super Bowl.

“I think there was a lot of rumors probably coming out of that CBA negotiating session that Saturday at the Super Bowl," Brees told XX 1090 Radio in San Diego, per SportsRadioInterviews.com. "To be honest, I haven’t even seen the comment that was made, but I heard it was from Jay Feely who kicks for the Jets. And he wasn’t there at the meeting. I’m not sure of how that got out or why.

"But no, I mean, it was my first bargaining session to be at and obviously there was a lot talked about. And emotions run high at times, but there was nothing that was derogatory or demeaning, so I’m not sure how that got blown out of proportion.”