throwback week

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Joe Gibbs speaking out

Gibbs fined $10K for comments about officials
    NFL.com wire reports
    ASHBURN, Va. (Oct. 17, 2005) -- Washington Redskins coach Joe Gibbs was fined $10,000 for comments he made about the officiating in the team's loss at Denver on Oct. 9.
    "My emotions got the best of me and I made some comments after the game," Gibbs said. "When you violate league policy, you pay a price. It's my responsibility."
    Gibbs had several complaints about the 21-19 defeat to the Broncos. He didn't like an offensive pass interference call on David Patten that negated a touchdown, a holding call that wiped out a big run by Clinton Portis, and the application of the "tuck rule" which overturned a Redskins safety.
    "I don't think it was a well-officiated game ... There's some mystery stuff going on," Gibbs said the next day.

AP NEWS
    The Associated Press News Service

More coaches need to speak out. The only way to control the officials is to call them out on bad calls.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bluengreen Guest

Re: Joe Gibbs speaking out

I must say that it seems like the overall quality of officiating has gone down.

talkstoangels61 Guest

Yes and giving seattle too many breaks!.......................LOL>>>>>>>>>>>

bluengreen Guest

Hah! We've had so many games taken away from us... I don't use the refs as an excuse, but I'll say that we get our share of bad calls.

psycho9985 Guest

Its about time the refs pay up for their horrendous calls.These guys are suppose to be pros and conduct themselves as such.Its just not all up to the players and the coaches to toe the line.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

It's absolutely ridiculous how poor the officiating has been this season. Every week there are examples of huge blown calls that shouldn't be a factor but are.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

moklerman Guest

As much as any fan will feel their team is cheated "the most" by officials, I gotta go with Pittsburgh being screwed most often by the zebras. I wasn't even watching the Pittsburgh game today, just surfing the Sunday ticket and I saw them get the shaft once again. It seems like every time I see them play, they're getting blatantly bad calls go against them.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

"I don't think it was a well-officiated game ... There's some mystery stuff going on," Gibbs said
    How sweet it must be for the NFL......if someone says something questioning you.....FINE'EM!!! Wouldn't it be wonderful if that's how life really was:

Boss: I'm not giving you the promotion.
    Employee: You suck!
    Boss: Give me $100.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod