throwback week

SteelDynasty Guest

Joey Porter released by Steelers

Sad to see him go... was one of my favorite players while in Pittsburgh. Although it was a decent business decision, as much as I hate to admit it. He'll always be a lifetime Steeler for his fiery role in our 2005 SuperBowl run.

Think the Rams would or could show any interest? The Rams are probably my 2nd favorite team if I had to pick one, so I'd like to see him go to St. Louis, if he had to leave.

bigtiger737 Guest

Re: Joey Porter released by Steelers

I don't understand is he really lost that much of a step? I used to go to school in pittsburgh so I love the steelers but I never get to see there games because I live in MI. How could he have fallen so far from grace in one season, especially a season where it seemed the whole team was having a bad year

SteelDynasty Guest

Re: Joey Porter released by Steelers

It mostly had to do with his contract. He wanted big money and was considering a holdout sometime this year, and the Steelers didn't want to pay him as much as he wants because they think that he has nowhere to go but down now at almost age 30.

He's still definetly a good player though. If the Steelers were not so tight against the cap you better believe they would have signed him.