Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 36 of 36
  1. #31
    adarian_too's Avatar
    adarian_too is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Hollow
    Posts
    1,378
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Just when we start to praise Kurt for a good start to the season...

    Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    It wasn't a radical move, but it was a loyal one.
    If it was loyal to start him one week, was it disloyal to bench him the next? How long must loyalty last in order to remain still loyalty?


  2. #32
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,490
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Just when we start to praise Kurt for a good start to the season...

    Quote Originally Posted by adarian_too
    If it was loyal to start him one week, was it disloyal to bench him the next? How long must loyalty last in order to remain still loyalty?
    I'm not referring to a weekly basis during the season. I'm referring to the offseason, where he was handed the job despite legitimate competition.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  3. #33
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,593
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Just when we start to praise Kurt for a good start to the season...

    Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I'm not referring to a weekly basis during the season. I'm referring to the offseason, where he was handed the job despite legitimate competition.
    Despite legitimate competition? Or because of legitimate competition? Just curious.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  4. #34
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,490
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Just when we start to praise Kurt for a good start to the season...

    Despite. It wouldn't make sense to say he was handed the starting job because of legitimate competition, IMO.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  5. #35
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,593
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Just when we start to praise Kurt for a good start to the season...

    Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Despite. It wouldn't make sense to say he was handed the starting job because of legitimate competition, IMO.
    I agree, if Bulger was noticably better than Warner in the preseason, then it wouldn't make sense to say that Warner was "handed the starting job because of legitimate competition". But I don't recall Warner having a preseason that was notably inferior to Bulger's. In fact, I remember Warner playing pretty well. That's why I'm curious why you say...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I'm referring to the offseason, where he was handed the job despite legitimate competition.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  6. #36
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,490
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Just when we start to praise Kurt for a good start to the season...

    The comment was meant to say that despite there being another player who was legitimate competition to Kurt's position, he was handed the starting job. There was no competition between them despite Bulger looking sharp and capable during 2002.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. 2006 Rams report card
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: -01-06-2007, 01:22 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -01-03-2007, 05:35 PM
  3. Wednesdays quotes
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -12-21-2006, 05:31 PM
  4. The Quote Sheet - Wednesday
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-02-2006, 09:03 AM
  5. Top players who will miss the season
    By sanches in forum COLLEGE
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -08-23-2005, 05:54 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •