Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Re: K Warner - no matter what great guy

Guys just ignore Avengerram, he is once again trying to stir things up around here for his own satisfaction.

atcchris is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAM-BO View Post
    Guys just ignore Avengerram, he is once again trying to stir things up around here for his own satisfaction.
    Maybe he's just trying to get me to respond so he can delete some more of my posts.

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAM-BO View Post
    Nah, AV is just as entitled to his opinion as we are!

If we all agreed on everything it would be quite a boring world. After all if EVERYONE were a RAMS fan ......
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    Nah, AV is just as entitled to his opinion as we are!

If we all agreed on everything it would be quite a boring world. After all if EVERYONE were a RAMS fan ......
    Good post, RnD. Rep to you.

Sorry if some of you can't handle the notion that Saint Kurt is both a good, generous man, and a guy who likes publicity.

NFLTopGun is offline Registered User

Something tells me that AV doesn't like Warner. Warner is one of the most generous and caring guy who want to help others. AV, you got no point in this conversation. All you got to say is that Warner's a great guy and it is indeed a good lesson to teach his kids. His kids will grow up in a rich lifestyle obviously, but Warner wants his kids to share their wealth also when they get older. If I'm loaded, I would do the exact same things- 10% of my paychecks to charities and give out free tickets or other stuffs to friends, families, and others. I learned that from a friend of mine- his family owns Motrin (salt company) and few other major companies. Very wealthy- yes, wealthier than Kurt. My friend gives away free tickets or picks up dinner tab for all of us or whatever he can do so we won't have to take cash our of our wallets. His family is also into Christianity. Maybe AV doesn't understand the religion well enough. Anyway, glad to hear that Warner's sharing his wealth (NOT showing off!) and teaching his kids.
    As for Peter King- I don't know how he found out, but I'm pretty sure that there are several other things Warner has done that Peter King doesn't know about. Anyway, it could have been one of those waitresses that witnessed the generousity and told someone then words get spread around. Warner's not trying to show off. AV, I would quit making myself look worse.
    :clanram: DIE HARD RAMS' FAN!

I do like Kurt - as a football player.

I don't like the over-the-top deification of Kurt by some fans.

As for my views on charity, they're not as "out there" as some might think. Here's a blurb from an interesting article on the subject, describing the various levels of charity (this is the third level). Decide for yourself if you can even call Kurt's actions charity, as the recipients might not be needy at all.

Below this rank is the case where the recipient is known to the benefactor but the latter is unaware of the source of the charity. [Since the benefactor may have, subconsciously, pleasure and a sense of power over the recipient, this detracts from his act and makes it less meritorious than the previous standard.] This is what the sages used to do when they would go in secret and place their gifts at the door of the poor. It is fitting to do this and meritorious in those cases where the officials in charge of the communal charity do not behave righteously.

rampower is offline Registered User

That $60 sure bought a lot of publicity. Even if the lucky family didn't know, somehow? the world has found out. I know kurt is a good guy. Sometimes when you do charity work as a rich famous person you are damned if youdo and damned if you dont and I understand that.

But this isn't the greatest example of an anonymous gift giving by the mere fact we are talking about. He maybe didn't tell the recipient but made sure the media knew. I'm sorry but a waitresses/onlookers comments would be unlikely to come as far as this story has, no disrespect to the onlookers.

Kurts a great footballer and a generous man, nonetheless he is a multimillionaire footballer, not somebody who has given it all up and dedicated his entire life to the well being of everybody else on the planet.

That said there are probably no better, generous and moral pro sports players than kurt, he is the ideal face for a football franchise.

Av simply stated what some others may not have had the guts too on a subject very close to many rams fans hearts. I certainly wouldn't have been first.

I am certain I will get showered with negative rep for this.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

moklerman is offline Registered User

Yeah, Kurt does all this for the publicity. It was a great marketing move to marry Brenda and adopt her kids. All those other kids they've had are media gold. It was all a master plan to one day take them all to a restaurant and stage a generous act so it could be in a newspaper.

What exactly does all of this publicity that Warner is motivated by gain him? That big contract with Nike? His own line of cologne? I'm amazed that with the hours of football each week that I watch I haven't seen the media and marketing blitz that Warner has been setting up with all of his staged generosity.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    If its so anonymous, how does Peter King know about it?
    Obviously King knows about it from the story Karen Crouse did on Warner. She probably was asking some questions and this came up. I find it difficult to believe that Kurt was planning to make it public in the article or that it was self serving. It's seems clear to me that the Warner's are doing it to give their kids a first hand, tangible example of giving to others in a way they all can share. Sure some people might not like it, but it certainly isn't a bad thing and IMO the motives are well intentioned.

The Warners cooked up the idea many years ago, after their food-stamp-cashing days were behind them and Warner had become the toast of St. Louis by leading the Rams to victory in the 2000 Super Bowl.

They thought it would be a playful way of instilling in their children the joy of giving. We want our kids to grow up knowing that because of football we are so blessed, Warner said Wednesday. He added: We never want them to lose sight of what its really about. Our circumstances are not the most important thing. Its what we do with those circumstances.

Sorry, no sale, guys.

Kurt does a lot of great things with his money.

This is not one of them.

AV, I really hope you're not that dead inside. I have to guess that you've never just done an arbitrary act of kindness. Ever done something nice just to try and brighten someone's day?

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    AV, I really hope you're not that dead inside. I have to guess that you've never just done an arbitrary act of kindness. Ever done something nice just to try and brighten someone's day?
    Sure I have. I just don't go around telling everyone about it.

Sure I have. I just don't go around telling everyone about it.
    Neither does Warner. You seem to still not understand that this isn't about him buying a dinner it's about him trying to teach his kids something. It doesn't matter if it's .00000000001% of his income or if the family he's picking up the tab for is destitute. It's just a random act of kindness.

I still haven't heard your theory on what Warner gets out of "leaking" the story. Let's just say that it's all grandstanding like you think. What does he gain by doing it?

atcchris is offline Registered User

Wow.. just wow.

I had no idea people really were this cynical, and I am simply floored that someone could be so negative about someone who was so pivotal in a franchise's history.

I mean, I could imagine if the guy was found out to be a pedophile, or if he had murdered his ex-wife and her boyfriend.....

But because he's a Christian? wow.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Folks, I really don't think religion has anything to do with this.

So let's not start a holy war, alright?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast