psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Korin Robinson cut

Updated: June 2, 2005, 8:56 PM ET
    Receiver just pleaded not guilty to DUI

Associated Press

KIRKLAND, Wash. Troubled wide receiver Koren Robinson, who was suspended for substance abuse last season and faces drunken driving charges, was released Thursday by the Seattle Seahawks.

Koren Robinson
    Wide Receiver
    Seattle Seahawks
    2004 SEASON STATISTICSRecYdsTDAvgLongYAC31495216.033169

The team also released veteran cornerback Bobby Taylor, signed as a free agent last season after starring with Philadelphia. Taylor was troubled by injuries for much of last year.

Robinson sat out six of the final seven games last year for disciplinary reasons -- two games for breaking team rules and four for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy.

He pleaded not guilty Tuesday in Kirkland Municipal Court to drunken and reckless driving and is due back in court on July 18, The News Tribune of Tacoma reported.

Robinson's agent, Alvin Keels, declined immediate comment Thursday afternoon, saying he had not spoken with Robinson.

Robinson was the ninth overall pick in the 2001 draft. His best season was 2002, when he had 78 receptions for 1,240 yards, the only Seattle receiver other than Hall of Famer Steve Largent to record a 1,200-yard season.

His production subsequently declined, with 39 receptions for 536 yards in 2003 and 31 receptions for 495 yards last season.

Robinson played in 57 games in Seattle, with 213 receptions for 3,167 yards and 12 touchdowns.

The team did not mention Robinson's legal problems in a statement announcing his release Thursday, and declined further comment when reached by phone. A day earlier, the team said it was "extremely disappointed and concerned with Koren's situation.

"We have established several programs, both league- and team-sponsored, to support and help him. We will continue to encourage him to use this support network and believe he should be held accountable for his actions."

After a practice April 30, about a week before he was cited for drunken and reckless driving in Medina, Robinson vowed to stay out of trouble.

"I know the consequences," he said at the time. "Either you want to be in the NFL or you don't. And I do. So, I have to do everything I gotta do to stay here."

Robinson was scheduled to earn $1.35 million in 2005. As a multiple offender, he could be subject to additional discipline by the league if convicted of the most recent charges.

Thursday is the first day teams can release players and defer any salary cap penalty until next season.

Robinson was part of an inconsistent Seattle receiving corps that struggled with dropped passes the last two seasons. The Seahawks added Joe Jurevicius and Jerome Pathon to the roster in the offseason to increase their depth at receiver. The Seahawks also released Jerry Rice on Feb 25.

My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Re: Korin Robinson cut

No more Butter fingers Robinson. Looks like seatown will have more problems to address at WR.

DanS761 is offline Registered User

how do they have a problem at WR? THey signed pathon, JJ, and they got rid of a guy who couldnt hold on to the ball, the few games he was allowed to play. They are in much better shape. Pretty dam solid receiving core.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

He is a great waterballoon catcher! :tongue:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by DanS761
    how do they have a problem at WR? THey signed pathon, JJ, and they got rid of a guy who couldnt hold on to the ball, the few games he was allowed to play. They are in much better shape. Pretty dam solid receiving core.
    Let's ponder this statement a little. Your solid receiving corp consists of:

#1 D. Jackson --- Has averaged 68 receptions, 1001 yards, & 7 TDs per year in his 5 year career. His hands are suspect, but he's a fairly solid #1 receiver.
    #2 B. Engram --- Being 32 doesn't help his case for being a strong #2, but averging 42 receptions, 539 yards & 2 TDs per season while in Seattle leaves a little to be desired from a #2.
    #3 & #4 Jerome Pathon & Joe Jurevicious --- Better hands but neither are game breakers, they've averaged around 30 catches and 400 yards each per year. They're good possession receivers, which is important, but I wouldn't want to rest my offense on them.

Hey, if you Seahawk guys are happy with this receiving unit, then fine, so be it. But if it were me, I wouldn't worry so much about a broken down Peter Boulware and start searching the waiver wire for a #1 or #2 receiver.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel Guest

Name me one nfl team, just one, that the seahawks have a better wide receiver group than. Koren robinson was a major talent and a massive bust, but at least he was a threat. Seattle now has a nice collection of #3 and 4 receivers, but where are the #1 and #2 guy? I expect them to make a strong run at gardner, which would really help them a lot, thus, i am not prepared to draw any conclusions yet, but this position remains a weak point for seattle and clearly inhibits hasselbacks ability to succeed.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Shadesofgrey is offline Registered User

Would you trade Holt, Bruce, Curtis, or McDonald for any of those guys??? I sure as hell wouldn't...That's not saying much for their WR crew

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Why Are We Talking About Koren Robinson ?

Mercclass is offline Registered User

What about Bobby Taylor. If has recovered from his injury does anyone think he would be an upgrade at corner?

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

The Key There Is If He Has Recovered,if So I Think The Experience He Has Could Only Help Our Db's.

general counsel Guest

taylor wouldnt be terrible, but he would have to be really really cheap for me to be interested.

general counsel

Holmgren runs the west coast,and thats a heavy learning curve.I think Hasslebeck is going to go nuts in 05.

DanS761 is offline Registered User

to respond to some of your reponses. Seahawks dont really need the speedy receiver. They run west coast offense which runs more efficiency. Everyone has to run thier routs and CATCH THE BALL to be successful. Playmaker like Koren would be a plus, but its defenitely not bad at all. Hawks will destroy defenses this year.

Mason is offline Registered User

We will hurt at not having a gaembreaker at WR, but it's not like Koren was that anyways.

The most telling, and most overlooked thing, is to see how much better Jackson played without Koren in there. Robinson was a cancer that brought down the rest of the team, when he was in there Jackson was just as bad at dropping balls as Koren. When Koren was out, Jackson became solid again.
    Come talk some smack. I dare ya. TalkHawks.com

2004 Seattle Seahawks --- NFC West Champions!
    :tongue:

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    But if it were me, I wouldn't worry so much about a broken down Peter Boulware and start searching the waiver wire for a #1 or #2 receiver.
    I hear Freddie Mitchell is still available, and the way he tells it, he has great hands.

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Name me one nfl team, just one, that the seahawks have a better wide receiver group than.
    I would take them over KC, Tenn, SD, Atlanta, and San Fran, to be honest. This is assuming tight ends aren't part of the deal, if so, exclude Atlanta and SD.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!