Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spiderwolf is offline Registered User

Kurt Warner the better Quarterback

To this day, I still maintain we should never have gotten rid of Warner. He proved he is still the better quarterback. Bulger has not impressed me. This team has gone downhill ever since Bulger took over. I realize a lot of you like this guy but I dont. I think he is an average quarterback at best and does not come anywhere near the talent level of Manning or Brady. He has done nothing to help this team and is way to fragile. The guy is always hurt and I think its time for a change. That being said, I dont think that will happen and we are stuck with this average do nothing quarterback for the next 3 or 4 years. Im looking forward to next year, and will root for Bulger b ecause I love the Rams, and I hope he proves me wrong and becomes one of the elite qurterbacks in the league, but I think thats extremely wishful thinking. I just dont think this is the guy to lead us.

RedArcher7 is offline Registered User

Re: Kurt Warner the better Quarterback

To this day, I maintain we should have drafted Brady Quinn. I feel ya bro

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Bulger was great last year but he's regressed this year. Does some of that have to do with the line? Yes but not all of it. He's making too many crucial mistakes and quite frankly has become a drive killer of sorts. He's got to get rid of the ball faster and learn how to throw it out of bounds.

Having said that though it could be he's just so disgusted by Linehan's offense he knows there isn't really a chance to make anything happen.

dewalt_ram is offline Registered User

1 Name----- COLT BRENNAN , take him with the #2 pick ROUND 1 2008 Draft!!!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dewalt_ram View Post
    I am watching him and he is not all that impressive so far in tonights game.I would say 2nd round at the very earliest,but not the Rams.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    I am watching him and he is not all that impressive so far in tonights game.I would say 2nd round at the very earliest,but not the Rams.
    Brennan and Hawaii are experiencing the same problem the Rams did all year, their OL being overmatched. Colt and Jones don't have a chance, much like another QB and coach I've seen this year.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

The Rams got a 65 million dollar QB. Its gonna cost to get a top college prospect to sign with the Rams. Me thinks the Rams are stuck with Bulger for better or worst. If Gus is gone and Berlin two, i would look for a QB no earlier then the 3rd round. Perhaps a 4th or 5th round QB pick being better

Milan is offline Registered User

He plays in the WAC...Timmy Chang was also successful in this Offense in the WAC...he's not gonna be anything special, and it's showing tonight.

Spiderwolf is offline Registered User

Colt is getting his Ass handed to him tonight against Georgia!! he does not look good AT ALL!!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    The Rams got a 65 million dollar QB. Its gonna cost to get a top college prospect to sign with the Rams. Me thinks the Rams are stuck with Bulger for better or worst. If Gus is gone and Berlin two, i would look for a QB no earlier then the 3rd round. Perhaps a 4th or 5th round QB pick being better
    Tom Brady was a 6th round pick #199 overall.:x

moklerman is offline Registered User

Much like when Warner was here, Bulger is having to deal with poor playcalling and shaky o-line play. Warner wasn't the problem then and Bulger isn't the problem now. Bulger is good enough if aaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the real problems are improved.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Wow, could you imagine of Warner had to play behind THIS O line? He would have been knocked out in game 3

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Put Tom Brady in this offense, he would cry for mama! Bulger will be okay once things clear up with injuries and real effort. I agree we need a prospect preferably a 3 - 4 rounder for future.

Pro-Bowl 2004 Marc Bulger threw a Pro Bowl record four TD passes and was named the game’s MVP. He completed 12 of 21 passes for 152 yards.

He is all that and a bag of chips, sorry guys Bulger gives us the best chance to win with a rebuilt healthy offensive line and an explosive WR.

I sure wish he would work on that arm strength though.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

rammiser is online now Registered User

Did this thread start out by saying we should have kept Warner? Wow that is laughable. Have you forgotten how bad he was with the thumb injury. How can you even say that? Did you forget how he held the ball forever and fumbled all the time? We would have had to wait untill this year for him to have another good season because this is his first good season since 2001. Give Bulger a healthy o-line and a good offensive co-ordinator and he's fine.

Lets see over their careers what the stats look like.

Games

Warner-94
    Bulger-72

Completion pct

Warner-65.1 in 2959 attempts
    Bulger-63.5 in 2484 attempts

Yards

Warner-24008
    Bulger-18625

Average per attempt

Warner-8.1
    Bulger-7.5

Td's

Warner-152
    Bulger-106

Int's

Warner-100
    Bulger-74

Qb rating

Warner-93.1
    Bulger-88.1

So Bulger has played in 22 less games is only 6000 yds behind Warner and everything else is pretty close so Bulger really isnt as bead as he's made out to be. Also Warner was definately on two of the greatest teams in Rams history. Can you say that for Bulger? I mean if you averaged out Bulgers td's with the extra 22 games he would have 139 td's only 13 behind Warner. If you average out the yds he would have 24323 with the extra 22 games which puts him ahead of Warner. Even with this miserable year he just had. No qb in the NFL would have had a successful season with the bad play calling and all the injuries on this team this year. Look we all love Warner and what he did for this team but it was time for him to go. If he was on this team this year he would have broken Tony Banks record for fumbles if he even lasted five games behind this horrid o-line. Bulger is fine and no Brady Quinn wouldnt have helped.
    Just Fix It

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Did this thread start out by saying we should have kept Warner? Wow that is laughable. Have you forgotten how bad he was with the thumb injury. How can you even say that? Did you forget how he held the ball forever and fumbled all the time? We would have had to wait untill this year for him to have another good season because this is his first good season since 2001. Give Bulger a healthy o-line and a good offensive co-ordinator and he's fine.

Lets see over their careers what the stats look like.

Games

Warner-94
    Bulger-72

Completion pct

Warner-65.1 in 2959 attempts
    Bulger-63.5 in 2484 attempts

Yards

Warner-24008
    Bulger-18625

Average per attempt

Warner-8.1
    Bulger-7.5

Td's

Warner-152
    Bulger-106

Int's

Warner-100
    Bulger-74

Qb rating

Warner-93.1
    Bulger-88.1

So Bulger has played in 22 less games is only 6000 yds behind Warner and everything else is pretty close so Bulger really isnt as bead as he's made out to be. Also Warner was definately on two of the greatest teams in Rams history. Can you say that for Bulger? I mean if you averaged out Bulgers td's with the extra 22 games he would have 139 td's only 13 behind Warner. If you average out the yds he would have 24323 with the extra 22 games which puts him ahead of Warner. Even with this miserable year he just had. No qb in the NFL would have had a successful season with the bad play calling and all the injuries on this team this year. Look we all love Warner and what he did for this team but it was time for him to go. If he was on this team this year he would have broken Tony Banks record for fumbles if he even lasted five games behind this horrid o-line. Bulger is fine and no Brady Quinn wouldnt have helped.
    Good post, I agree. Nice breakdown of the stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Second half adjustments. Make some!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast