Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Kurt Warner Donates Left Arm To Help Young QB

I know we've had a lot of Kurt Warner threads lately, but I thought this article was interesting:

Kurt Warner Donates Left Arm
    AP: Scottsdale, Arizona
    October 6, 2008
    Armen Dacity, Staff Writer

In a stunning act of charity, starting Arizona Cardinals quarterback Kurt Warner has donated his left arm to Jimmy Sowpaw, a Junior quarterback for the Wester Phoenix High School varsity team. Sowpaw, the starting quarterback for the Firebirds, lost his arm in a tragic Nintendo Wii accident over the weekend.

Upon hearing the news, Warner was quick to act. "I've got two healthy arms, and I really only need one," he said, when questioned about the donation. "Also, if a stone crab can grow a new limb, then certainly I will have faith that I can as well."

Some observers questioned whether Warner's well-documented fumbling problems might become more severe as a result of only having one hand to hold the ball. Cardinals Head Trainer Mark Lerman responded to this concern, stating "with the sports gloves available today, this will not be a problem at all."

Warner has received a great deal of praise in the local community for this most recent act of kindness, but he takes it all in stride. "I just want to show my children about the joys of giving. Sure, I can't hug them any more, but there are a lot of high fives in the house."

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Kurt Warner Donates Left Arm To Help Young QB

Sure, I can't hug them any more, but there are a lot of high fives in the house."
    HO-LY CRAP!

As the old farmer in Roadhouse said, "Some are going to pray for your ruination."
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Or, as Bugs Bunny once said, "Ain't I a stinker?"

"Also, if a stone crab can grow a new limb, then certainly I will have faith that I can as well."

Not exactly what he was expecting!

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post

Patron: "Uh yes, waiter....what crab legs do you have tonight?"

Waiter: "We have Snow, King, and Warner."

Patron: "Yes, I'll have the Warner with some melted garlic butter."
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

moklerman is offline Registered User

Poor ol' Warner. Up for QB of the week(again), his team is in first place, he's the highest rated passer in the NFC...yeah, he's probably just wishing he could get back to St. Louis. All of his time helping out in disaster areas would probably really benefit the Rams right now. He could loan his gloves to someone to pull all the weeds and move all the boxes.

I actually feel really bad for St. Louis football fans. They finally get rid of Bidwill and they wind up with something worse.

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    Poor ol' Warner. Up for QB of the week(again), his team is in first place, he's the highest rated passer in the NFC...yeah, he's probably just wishing he could get back to St. Louis. All of his time helping out in disaster areas would probably really benefit the Rams right now. He could loan his gloves to someone to pull all the weeds and move all the boxes.

I actually feel really bad for St. Louis football fans. They finally get rid of Bidwill and they wind up with something worse.
    Oh, Mok, you were so close. You went a whole day without responding. I really thought you had turned the corner and learned, as you promised you would, to ignore this stuff that vexes you so. Alas, you just couldn't do it.

At least this time you didn't bring up the VMBCT (Vast Marc Bulger Conspiracy Theory).

TekeRam is offline Registered User

And suddenly, Warner goes on to lead the NFL in broken tackles(and defenders!), and rushing yards.
    Last edited by TekeRam; -10-08-2008 at 01:05 PM.

Oh, Mok, you were so close. You went a whole day without responding. I really thought you had turned the corner and learned, as you promised you would, to ignore this stuff that vexes you so. Alas, you just couldn't do it.

At least this time you didn't bring up the VMBCT (Vast Marc Bulger Conspiracy Theory).
    I never promised to ignore your posts. I chastised myself for not being able to. I'm flattered that you dedicate so much time to baiting me. But it really is sad that you're so motivated to discourage people from posting on the board. It seems very counter intuitive but I don't know the goals of those in charge.

I mean, you probably won't admit it but it seems that your primary motivation with this thread was to see if I wouldn't respond. As quiet as it is around this board it seems strange to me...actually, the affinity you've shown for seeing your own posts, it makes perfect sense. I wouldn't be surprised if you would be content with every post being populated and initiated by yourself.

In any case, this thread is another fine example of you being wrong about what I've said and interpreting my thoughts. It is also completely fictional and without content and it's purpose is antagonistic at best. Care to guess who brought up Bulger's name? Or who directed the thread toward personal observations?

I actually like this board and would like it to only be football related in the football forums. Perhaps my efforts in countering your relentless non-football and negative, snide and personal posts are misguided but I also know I'm not alone in my observations. I admit I'm wrong to respond and retaliate but it is the lesser of two evils in that I feel it would be worse to leave your posts uncontested. People might actually start to believe the drivel.

People might actually start to believe the drivel.
    Somehow I doubt anyone believes Warner has a giant crab arm.

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    And suddenly, Warner goes on to lead the NFL in broken defenders tackles, and rushing yards.
    Yeah, that's quite a stiff arm he has there!

Quote Originally Posted by Mok
    I actually like this board and would like it to only be football related in the football forums.
    Clearly, that would be too broad a scope for you, given that 97.3% of your posts reference Kurt Warner.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Yeah, I kinda figured that a post that references a kid losing an arm in a Nintendo Wii accident and contains a picture of Kurt Warner with a giant crab arm wouldn't need a "just kidding" disclaimer at the end. Guess I was mistaken.

Somehow I doubt that you believe my point is limited to only this post.
    Clearly, that would be too broad a scope for you, given that 97.3% of your posts reference Kurt Warner.
    Why not prove me wrong and limit your posts to the NFL and it's players? Should I point out that your estimation of my participation on this board is exaggerated for intent because there is again no substance or accuracy to your point? Or that you're re-directing the focus of what I said by trying to insult me? I point these things out for those that don't recognize your tactics and game-playing.
    Yeah, I kinda figured that a post that references a kid losing an arm in a Nintendo Wii accident and contains a picture of Kurt Warner with a giant crab arm wouldn't need a "just kidding" disclaimer at the end. Guess I was mistaken.
    If only the poster could be given the benefit of doubt in terms of harmless fun. Is it really a secret that there are a ton or Rams fans that still root for Warner and that this type of post is just going to irritate and antagonize them? That's the real problem, not the post itself.

I have been unable to refute the idea that the OP's primary function is:

poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke. poke.

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    Is it really a secret that there are a ton or Rams fans that still root for Warner and that this type of post is just going to irritate and antagonize them?
    Only the ones with no sense of humor.

Something has to be humorous before one can fail to sense it. This isn't even original. It isn't even original to you. Re-hashing and varying a tired subject isn't humorous. It is even less so when the subject is admired.

But you knew this. Like I said before, you like to act the innocent when it clearly isn't the case. Your shtick would be better placed and appreciated in your own area. You have your own "articles" section don't you? Can't you please confine your so-called comedy stylings to that area? Crab arm and Ralph Malph just aren't football related.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Not true Av. It seems all you want to do is undermine Warner's accomplishments on the field and attack his character. This post was nothing but a mockery of Warner, and a purposeful attempt to piss off those that supported Warner and debated you in that other thread. If you claim otherwise, you are a LIAR. For someone who says you like Warner, you sure do go far out of your way to badmouth him at every opportunity. I've tried to stay out of this, but your arrogance makes me want to throw up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast