Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Kurt Warner Donates Left Arm To Help Young QB

Crab arm and Ralph Malph just aren't football related.
    I believe the good people of Maryland, Kathy Kittell of Leneza Kansas, and Happy Days producer Gary Marshall would disagree.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

moklerman is offline Registered User

I'll let you expand on that Hubison even though I'm pretty sure the Donnie Most kind of looks like Jim Haslett thread is very on point with what I was talking about.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Not true Av. It seems all you want to do is undermine Warner's accomplishments on the field and attack his character.
    Not true at all. I think Kurt has accomplished great things on and off the field.

This post was nothing but a mockery of Warner, and a purposeful attempt to piss off those that supported Warner and debated you in that other thread.
    I'm not trying to mock Warner (nor am I doing the opposite, which would be to Mok him). Kurt, I'm fairly confident, does not read my posts here.

I was absolutely taking a shot at those rabid Warner fans who support him like he is some sort of Earth-bound Deity. To me, posters like that are just begging to be mocked.

I've tried to stay out of this, but your arrogance makes me want to throw up.
    Now who's lying? If you truly felt that way, you'd simply ignore a thread like this. Instead, you go out of your way to read it and to respond. You may not like what I posted, but you are clearly entertained by it. Others have made it clear that they enjoy the levity.

Guess I can't please everyone, but my approach has worked for me thus far, so I think I'll stick with it.

Guess I can't please everyone, but my approach has worked for me thus far, so I think I'll stick with it.
    Lucky for you, Rams fans are used to having no control of what's being presented to them. Of course, many visitors to this board, like many fans to the stadium, have quit showing up.

Funny how the suggestion to leave as a solution to the distaste has been accepted by so many.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    I'll let you expand on that Hubison even though I'm pretty sure the Donnie Most kind of looks like Jim Haslett thread is very on point with what I was talking about.
    Expansion? No problem.

1. Maryland's high school all-star football game is called the Crab Bowl.

2. Kathy Kittell of Leneza, Kansas has a great recipe for a crab cheese spread in the shape of a football that she has shared on tasteofhome.com.

3. Gary Marshall says the original script had Ralph written as a dumb football jock.

4. If my attempts at humor require expansion, then my attempts are decidedly ineffective.............unless of course, the expansion itself is an attempt at humor.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Lucky for you, Rams fans are used to having no control of what's being presented to them. Of course, many visitors to this board, like many fans to the stadium, have quit showing up.

Funny how the suggestion to leave as a solution to the distaste has been accepted by so many.
    Right, Mok. I have such power here that my posts control the amount of traffic on the boards. Clearly, it my jokes about Warner, and not the fact that the Rams are 0-4, that has caused a reduction in the interest of fans in general.

I am also responsible for the banking crisis, the stock market collapse, global warming, the post-season troubles of the Chicago Cub, the spread of malaria in Third World Countries, and the disappointing series finale of The Sopranos.

Paranoid much?

Paranoid much?
    Not at all. I've had a number of people compliment and echo my sentiments in PM's and convey to me that they know that they aren't the only one's who've quit coming here because of the actions of certain individuals.

Not at all. I've had a number of people compliment and echo my sentiments in PM's and convey to me that they know that they aren't the only one's who've quit coming here because of the actions of certain individuals.
    Of course, you don't know how many people have PMed me or given me positive rep for my posts, do you?

Of course, you don't know how many people have PMed me or given me positive rep for my posts, do you?
    No, I don't. But I do know there's a difference between running people off and being complimented on completely unrelated topics. Just because you ladle some soup on Thanksgiving doesn't mean you can steal presents at Christmas and it balances out.

If I wasn't as stubborn, hard-headed and argumentative you would have completely run me off as well. In fact, I quit coming here so much that I kept getting automated "where have you been" messages from the site.

It's absolutely disgusting to me that I can't go off in the corner of the site, read or post an article...an actual article that was written and published not just some personal ideas on the player, and not KNOW that some snide, derogatory comment from one of the moderators won't be far behind. Generally, the very FIRST response.

Then, when the ensuing argument quickly leads to your defense that wild zealots are deifying Warner by posting such articles, it's no wonder that people don't enjoy coming on here.

I invite anyone who's offered praise for such conduct to please identify yourself(s). I will rep anyone and everyone who honestly claims and agrees with such behavior from a supposed impartial leader of this site.

I'm not the leader of this site. That would be Dez.

As for the PMs and rep I have received, you misunderstand. My point was you are entirely unaware of how many people have contacted me to tell me how much they like my comments on the Warner threads. You see, you are operating under the presumption that everyone thinks as you do.

They don't.

I, on the other hand, am aware that there are people who disagree with me. I'm okay with that. As I said, you can't please everyone.

You see, you are operating under the presumption that everyone thinks as you do.
    No, I am operating under the certainty that people avoid this site specifically because of your bad attitude. Persecution and antagonism by a moderator is indefensible as far as I'm concerned and please don't think that I'm under any illusions about my opinions making any kind of difference in the way that you're given free-reign around here or that any of the hierarchy care two spits about what I think. It is crystal clear how important certain things are around here.

At this point, it's important to convey to everyone that this is and ardently defended "PRIVATE" forum. Not a public one.

No, I am operating under the certainty that people avoid this site specifically because of your bad attitude. Persecution and antagonism by a moderator is indefensible as far as I'm concerned and please don't think that I'm under any illusions about my opinions making any kind of difference in the way that you're given free-reign around here or that any of the hierarchy care two spits about what I think. It is crystal clear how important certain things are around here.

At this point, it's important to convey to everyone that this is and ardently defended "PRIVATE" forum. Not a public one.
    You have a real victim complex, huh? Maybe you should see someone about that.

You have a real victim complex, huh? Maybe you should see someone about that.
    I tried. "If you don't like it, just leave" didn't really resolve my issues. Which gives me an idea....

EvilXenu is offline Registered User

We're still talking about Kurt in 2008? Why?

That crab arm pic was pretty funny, though!
    And you thought Mike Martz was "mad"!

Be happy, Clannies. I'm sad to say that I'd rather visit the PD board than hang around here anymore. If this post doesn't get deleted, e-mail me at moklerman@bak.rr.com if you want to talk some football.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast