Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Larry Foote does an E.T. and goes home.

Veteran LB Foote comes home, signs one-year deal with Lions
    Associated Press

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Linebacker Larry Foote signed a one-year deal with his hometown Detroit Lions on Wednesday, two days after being released by the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Career Statistics
    Games/Starts: 110/83
    Tackles: 431
    Sacks: 14.5
    The Lions announced the signing but didn't release terms of the deal.

The Steelers released Foote on Monday, but the move was expected because he had asked to be traded or cut. Foote started every game for the Steelers the past five seasons, including their Super Bowl victories last season and after the 2005 campaign, but he was unhappy about coming off the field on passing downs.

Foote, a Detroit native and former University of Michigan star, said a lot of teams had expressed interest in him, including the Arizona Cardinals, Kansas City Chiefs and Indianapolis Colts.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: Larry Foote does an E.T. and goes home.

Nice pick-up for Detroit, but what was Larry thinking? He'd rather play all three downs for the Lions than come out on passing downs for the Steelers? If I were him, I think I'd stay with the team I won two Super Bowls with.

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

Re: Larry Foote does an E.T. and goes home.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Nice pick-up for Detroit, but what was Larry thinking? He'd rather play all three downs for the Lions than come out on passing downs for the Steelers? If I were him, I think I'd stay with the team I won two Super Bowls with.
    Maybe he is interested in the wide open realestate market in the Dirty D. hehehe I have no Idea why anyone would come back to this evil evil state