Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Las Vegas police to recommend felony and misdemeanor charges for Pacman Jones

Pacman Jones could face midemeanors, felony
    ESPN.com news services
    Monday, March 26, 2007

What the Tennessee Titans decide to do with Adam "Pacman" Jones might be the least of his problems.

Police in Las Vegas will recommend to the city's district attorney that Jones be charged with one count of felony coercion and also a midsdemeanor count of battery and a misdemeanor count of threat to life.

The charges stem from a melee that began inside the Minxx Gentlemen's Club and escalated to a triple shooting on Feb. 19. One man was left paralyzed.

"It took approximately five weeks to investigate this and it's not something we took lightly," Las Vegas Metro police lieutenant George Castro said at a Monday press conference. "We had to look at a lot of video and it came from five sources.

"You can only imagine what it was like that night, very violent, very chaotic, so some of the information we had was very sketchy."

Castro said that two full-time detectives and five part-time officers put in more than 500 hours investigating the incident.

Jones' bodyguard will also be charged with one count of felony coercion, as will a female friend of Jones. The club's owners have alleged that Jones was involved in the brawl that led to the gunfire and that he believes Jones knows the shooter.

A police report states that Jones brought a trash bag of money into the club to distribute to dancers and that the money sparked a struggle. The amount of cash -- reportedly in dollar bills -- has been disputed by the parties.

Castro said witness accounts indicate that Jones at one point prevented a security officer from stopping the altercation, but Jones was reportedly not armed.

"Did he have a weapon, No," Castro said. "Was he an inciter, Yes."

The investigation of the melee in the bar has progressed further than the one into the subsequent shooting.

"This is small steps we are taking," Castro said. "We're being patient."

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Las Vegas police to recommend felony and misdemeanor charges for Pacman Jones

If the legal system doesn't get Pacman, the new revised NFL player-conduct policy will. Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Re: Las Vegas police to recommend felony and misdemeanor charges for Pacman Jones

Alright, we're ready send him to Canada. The Argo's need another DB.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I am wondering where our vaunted liberal friend Tx is defending the PacMan. He is of course innocent until proven guilty. All kidding aside, is he really that bad a guy? It seems like he cant stay out of the headlines and while i know very little about it, i am wondering if this is a case of where there is smoke there is fire.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

txramsfan is offline Registered User

"Here I come to save the day......." (for those of us who remember Mighty Mouse).

I have an entirely different view on PacMan than I do Vick. Vick's just a weed smoker, which in my opinion is much better than an alcoholic. All I ever see weed smokers get stressed about is the pizza is all gone. PacMan tends to create his own bad luck. However, I do have a view on that too. Why should we be astonshed in Mr. Jones's behavior? He's a kid who never had anything until the NFL and now that he does have cash, he wants to spend it on "fun". This is why I agree in the Barkley Principle on athletes and role models. "There wasn't anything in my contract that says I have to babysit kids, not even my own." Barkley was quoted saying I tend to agree.