Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fastcat is offline Registered User

Re: Legarrette "Sucka Punch" Blount

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    The four pillars doesnt mean you cant have a vocal team leader, it means you cant have guy like Vick, or Ownes who are a detriment to the team as a whole. This is the exact reason we got rid of Incognito, he was a detriment to the team. Following the four pillars is not any kind of reason that you have the perception of no team leadership. We have team leaders who are clearly within the four pillars Laurenitus, Atogwe, Jackson, Brown are all team leaders. Brown yells at refs and players, I dont know how much more vocal you can get.
    lol, ok i think we are on two different pages so Im gonna agree to disagree BUT we may have guys like your talking about I just havent seen them guess i gotta look harder and sjax is the closest thing to it, But again IF we did have it I wouldnt have to look hard it would jump out of the screen and EVERYONE could see it.

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fastcat View Post
    lol, ok i think we are on two different pages so Im gonna agree to disagree BUT we may have guys like your talking about I just havent seen them guess i gotta look harder and sjax is the closest thing to it, But again IF we did have it I wouldnt have to look hard it would jump out of the screen and EVERYONE could see it.
    You see less than 1% of team interactions, so it wouldn't jump off the screen. Most of what these guys do is without a camera or microphone in front of them. I think you are confusing the media cravers/darlings with leaders. The camera doesn't always focus in on the Rams defense that just left the field as the players talk to each other and get ready for their next drive.

You don't need to be on the field screaming and yelling and jumping and fist pumping and waving your arms to lead a team. Kurt Warner wasn't like that, nor Faulk, or Holt, or Bruce. Were you able to watch the screen and see their leadership jump out at you?

Great performance on the field doesn't automatically = good leader either, so please don't say you could tell they were a great leader by watching them play. I don't think anyone would argue T.O. at any point was capable of leading his team to anything but the ibuprofen aisle at wal-greens, but he could sure play good football. He was an in-your-face kind of guy who didn't get in trouble with the law, but he made his teammates hate him. You can't just rely on what you see on the screen. Screaming guys are not always good leaders, nor is a guy who is good automatically a leader. Almost all of the "leadership" qualities you would see in a guy happen off the screen.

Summary: Teams don't need an in-your-face-on-screen guy to have good leadership, and in-your-face guys are not always good leaders.

Rich86 is offline Registered User

lol @ sucka punch. that's a misconception. he was well aware of the consequences of popping off at the mouth after a victory. there's nothing worse than a sore winner

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rich86 View Post
    lol @ sucka punch. that's a misconception. he was well aware of the consequences of popping off at the mouth after a victory. there's nothing worse than a sore winner
    I beg to differ. There's only 1 thing worse than a sore winner, and thats being a sore winner with a couple of missing teeth.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Stop freaking out. Blount couldn't even make the Titan's roster...

The 4 Pillars is a good way to make sure this team develops the right foundations so we can have many winning seasons CONTINUOUSLY. We do not want players who just horde money, we do not want players who commit felonies/misdemeanors, and we don't want gangsters.

If we're going to win a Superbowl, we're going to win it with the right players, the players who deserve and want to win, not with a team of dirtbags.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Again with this assinine misconception that yelling equates to leadership. How foolish.

Haslett, Leaf, Incognito......all of them were "in your face" guys, and none of them were leaders.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12