Thread: Leinart/Warner

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Leinart/Warner

FLAGSTAFF – Matt Leinart played three series in the Cardinals’ preseason opener. Kurt Warner played one.

Leinart acknowledged he needs some work. Warner wouldn’t mind more.

“For me, I have to get better,” said Leinart, who completed 5-of-11 passes for 50 yards. “As ‘ones’ we have to establish longer drives. Overall, we moved the ball well.”

Leinart said he wasn’t worried about some errant throws, most notably when he air mailed Larry Fitzgerald early in the game. His accuracy will be there. He just wants to make the right reads and he felt that progress went well.

“We showed what we are capable of doing, but we just have to be more consistent,” Leinart said.

Warner was sharp from the start. He threw just two passes in a four-play touchdown drive before taking a seat, in part because the Cardinals want to keep the veteran protected behind a starting offensive line that was done for the day after Warner’s brief appearance.

He finished 2-for-2 for 73 yards with a 58-yard touchdown pass and a perfect 158.3 quarterback rating.

“I don’t know if you don’t need a lot (of playing time),” Warner said. “You just want to feel comfortable. As long as the speed isn’t overwhelming, then yes, I guess I don’t need a lot.

“I expect to get a little more than that in the next couple of games. But that is the approach the coach may take with me, ‘Hey, we want to keep you healthy, we know what you can do.’ I think everyone knows I can play the game.”
    Well Kurt, alot of think you still can and we would love to see you prove it as long as it doesn't affect the Rams' playoff chances....

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=1838

RnD

GO RAMS!!

laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Leinart/Warner

How patient will the coaching staff of the Cardinals be with Leinart? Especially knowing they have a proven winner waiting in the wings. After all the NFL is a win now league. Then on the other hand can KW hang onto the ball?

itsguud is offline Registered User

I wouldn't want Warner back. I loved him when he was here, but he seemed to have left a nice bit of his skill here with him. I still think he a great QB, and I think hes better then Linehart, but I'd perfer Bulger and Ferrotte.

moklerman is offline Registered User

How patient will the coaching staff of the Cardinals be with Leinart?
    Leinart's untouchable. No way, no how does he get benched. He's the face(money) of the team as well as a poster boy for the NFL. I think too much is being made of one, much less the first preseason game, with a new coaching staff to boot. Leinart looked a little rusty but he's shown that he's good enough to not be a liabilty. As a rookie he played very well and last, but not least the players love him. L - O - V - E him. They would probably mutiny if he got benched.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    I wouldn't want Warner back. I loved him when he was here, but he seemed to have left a nice bit of his skill here with him. I still think he a great QB, and I think hes better then Linehart, but I'd perfer Bulger and Ferrotte.

Hey Guud, the horns referred to were Viking's horns....

The worst part of having Warner back as a Ram would be the QB controversy which it would no doubt would cause and which we do not need. I wish him much success wherever he is though.
    RnD

GO RAMS!!