RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Leon Washington, LenDale White traded to Seahawks

Washington, coming off a broken right leg, was made expendable when the Jets moved up and acquired Carolina's fourth-round pick (No. 112). New York took McKnight, quarterback Mark Sanchez's former college teammate, with the pick, and sent its fourth-rounder (No. 124) and sixth-rounder (No. 198) to the Panthers.

Shortly after drafting McKnight, the Jets traded Washington to Seattle, along with a seventh-rounder, for the Seahawks' fifth-rounder.
    What a steal for the Seahawks. Washington has been one of my favorites to watch for a few years now. He's so fast and elusive, I'm not looking forward to having to play him twice a year now.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: Leon Washington traded to Seahawks

I'd edit the title if I could, but I forgot to put in the part about Lendale White being traded to the Seahawks as well.

White came for a swap of seven places in the fourth round and a swap of nine picks in the sixth. To make things even sweeter, the Titans gave the Seahawks a seventh-round pick.
    It's amazing to me how over-valued draft picks are. The hawks got two solid running backs for almost nothing. Simply amazing.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Leon Washington traded to Seahawks

Washington's trade was pretty fair value, but the Hawks get to try out the Lendale White experiment for practically nothing.

Just think about all the other trades this year, and how they went for much less than anticipated. This year's draft is going to be huge, you all just wait and see. A LOT of talent came out this year. The front office's knew that and had a pretty high premium on their picks.

Walrus is offline Registered User

Re: Leon Washington, LenDale White traded to Seahawks

Although I still think Seattle is a bottom tier team, I was blown away by the draft our new GM and head coach put together. Washington and White immediately upgrade the worst RB situation in the league and we finally addressed the most glaring need with Okung.

Our offensive and defensive lines still leave much to be desired, but in a couple years our secondary should be drastically better and we finally have a couple legit playmakers on offense.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Leon Washington, LenDale White traded to Seahawks

Quote Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
    Although I still think Seattle is a bottom tier team, I was blown away by the draft our new GM and head coach put together. Washington and White immediately upgrade the worst RB situation in the league and we finally addressed the most glaring need with Okung.

Our offensive and defensive lines still leave much to be desired, but in a couple years our secondary should be drastically better and we finally have a couple legit playmakers on offense.

Agreed. Last year, I was seriously questioning the way your organization was being run, but Carroll did an excellent job of making a 180 and turning the team back around in the right direction, or so it seems right now.