Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Lions possibly releasing Mike Williams

RamsFan16 Guest

Re: Lions possibly releasing Mike Williams

Wow, if cheap we could pick him up and he could translate into a possesion reciever like Keyshan Johnson was. I know this is far out but, its worth an opinion.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

No thanks. Word out of Detroit is that he's lazy, overweight, and just isn't willing to put in the effort to succeed. Nobody would even consider cutting a top ten draft pick just one year later unless the situation was pretty dire. If he runs with the third team of receivers in Detroit, he probably wouldn't even make our roster, and we don't need the attitude problems. Seriously, how bad do you have to be for the offense-starved Lions to consider dropping you after one season?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Before I even opened this thread, I was thinking to myself, "I bet RF16 typically wants us to sign him."

Low and behold... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece
    No thanks. Word out of Detroit is that he's lazy, overweight, and just isn't willing to put in the effort to succeed. Nobody would even consider cutting a top ten draft pick just one year later unless the situation was pretty dire. If he runs with the third team of receivers in Detroit, he probably wouldn't even make our roster, and we don't need the attitude problems. Seriously, how bad do you have to be for the offense-starved Lions to consider dropping you after one season?
    Absolutely 100% correct. Couldn't have said it better myself. There's a reason a team decides to part ways with a highly-touted player so soon after drafting him, and chances are it's not because his shoes are stinking up the locker room.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Before I even opened this thread, I was thinking to myself, "I bet RF16 typically wants us to sign him."

Low and behold... LOL
    I thought the exact same thing. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

It certainly didn't suprise me.

jkramsfan Guest

just another example of why matt millan should be unemployed.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece
    You couldn't be more wrong. I'm a USC fan and I followed him closely at SC. The team had nothing but good things to say about Williams. I think he wants to get traded.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000
    You couldn't be more wrong. I'm a USC fan and I followed him closely at SC. The team had nothing but good things to say about Williams. I think he wants to get traded.
    How is fleece wrong? That was 2 years ago that he was at USC. People can change, and not always for the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Tre was running great against an awful NYG run defense. 5.8 YPC yet he only gets 13 carries. I can't wait until the Rams abandon you, Schotty.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jjigga3000
    I'm a USC fan and I followed him closely at SC. The team had nothing but good things to say about Williams.
    I'm curious how what Williams did in college a few years ago makes anything Goldenfleece said wrong, since he was commenting on Williams in the present, which included his breaking team rules, turning up late for meetings, and being overweight. Williams was disciplined for missing a hamstring treatment as well as being late to a meeting only four days ago. Obviously the story has changed in some way from whatever you heard about him back when he was in college.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Exactly. I'm not saying he doesn't have talent or that he didn't deserve to be the top prospect people considered him to be coming out of college. I am saying I see a pattern of negative behavior dating back to the first time he showed up for camp after being drafted. Maybe he is trying to force a trade. Maybe he doesn't like Detroit. Maybe he wishes he were on a better team. For whatever reason, his track record in the NFL has not been good. Even if he is trying to get traded, who is to say he wouldn't pull the same stunts here if we took a chance on him?

LARAM is offline Registered User

If he does get traded, I envision San!@#*? taking a chance on him......They are looking for anything they can suit up at that spot