throwback week



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Lions' Suh Gets Traffic Ticket In Detroit Suburb

  1. #16
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,868
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Lions' Suh Gets Traffic Ticket In Detroit Suburb

    Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    You doing it every day on your commute doesn't make it legal.
    I didn't argue that it was legal. I argued that it didn't "up the ante" in regards to Suh's reputation as a menace because I don't find it to be a significantly egregious offense. And IMO, since we're only talking about two points and a $130 fine if it stands, it really isn't.

    I think Schwartz's quote sums it up well: "I mean, we have traffic citations for a lot of different players and those generally don't come across my desk... Don't really come on our radar when it comes to stuff like that."

    When compared to some of the previous incidents he's had on the road, this one shouldn't even be a blip on the radar. But because it's Ndamukong Suh, any step that isn't right in line is going to sound the alarm and get the media and the fans who dislike him in a tizzy.

    As I mentioned to Mike, he's certainly brought the extra attention upon himself with his previous behavior, so it's hard to feel sorry for him. But still no reason to make a mountain out of this mole hill, IMO.

    As for your conspiracy speculation ending up being close to correct, I didn't see any confirmation in the article that the reason the chief wasn't initially going to pursue charges was because he was a Lions fan wanting a game day gig. Maybe I missed it while skimming.


  2. #17
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,065
    Rep Power
    131

    Re: Lions' Suh Gets Traffic Ticket In Detroit Suburb

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I didn't argue that it was legal. I argued that it didn't "up the ante" in regards to Suh's reputation as a menace because I don't find it to be a significantly egregious offense. And IMO, since we're only talking about two points and a $130 fine if it stands, it really isn't.
    Police have released video of Ndamukong Suh's Nov. 15 traffic stop that shows an officer telling the Lions' defensive tackle he "almost caused a crash."
    I don't know, it sounds like enough to up the ante IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    As I mentioned to Mike, he's certainly brought the extra attention upon himself with his previous behavior, so it's hard to feel sorry for him. But still no reason to make a mountain out of this mole hill, IMO.
    At this point, when it comes to Suh's driving hit parade, there are no more mole hills, just additions to the mountain. The entire situation is so bizarre, you couldn't make it up.

  3. #18
    gap's Avatar
    gap
    gap is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,305
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Lions' Suh Gets Traffic Ticket In Detroit Suburb

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    As for your conspiracy speculation ending up being close to correct, I didn't see any confirmation in the article that the reason the chief wasn't initially going to pursue charges was because he was a Lions fan wanting a game day gig. Maybe I missed it while skimming.
    Here's the part you missed while skimming. ;/
    Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Sure I went a bit over the top by speculating that he might be looking for game day passes, but he still decided not to enforce the law unless he was told to.

    gap
    As was previously stated, he almost caused an accident. Because you never know how an "accident" turns out, almost causing one is pretty bad. I once saw a passing in the median turn into spinning into oncoming traffic, and just about killing the driver of a Jeep Cherokee. Not too hard to see passing in a closing lane doing the same thing.


    gap

  4. #19
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,868
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Lions' Suh Gets Traffic Ticket In Detroit Suburb

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    At this point, when it comes to Suh's driving hit parade, there are no more mole hills, just additions to the mountain. The entire situation is so bizarre, you couldn't make it up.
    I disagree. To me, it's overreacting to a small incident based on the name associated with it (an overreaction which Suh himself has brought about due to his previous actions, but IMO, an overreaction nonetheless).

    I don't see us changing each others' opinions here, so I'll simply leave this as an agree-to-disagree.


    Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Here's the part you missed while skimming. ;/
    Thanks, I'm glad you've recognized your conspiracy speculation about the chief wasn't close to correct but rather over the top.

  5. #20
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    19,044
    Rep Power
    171

    Re: Lions' Suh Gets Traffic Ticket In Detroit Suburb

    Suh getting negative press again...

    Well ain't that a kick in the pants!
    Nick and Ramhearder like this.

  6. #21
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,065
    Rep Power
    131

    Re: Lions' Suh Gets Traffic Ticket In Detroit Suburb

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I disagree. To me, it's overreacting to a small incident based on the name associated with it (an overreaction which Suh himself has brought about due to his previous actions, but IMO, an overreaction nonetheless).

    I don't see us changing each others' opinions here, so I'll simply leave this as an agree-to-disagree.
    We absolutely disagree. I think a police officer making the observation that Suh nearly caused an accident on the road, is by no means a small incident, you do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: -06-27-2012, 08:41 PM
  2. Mike Martz (Detroit Lions)
    By laram0 in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: -08-03-2007, 04:07 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: -03-03-2007, 11:49 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: -01-15-2007, 09:09 AM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: -01-03-2007, 12:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •