MACD is offline Registered User

Locker Room Fight

Glad we didn't draft this "can't miss" WR:

Chris Replogle, KY3 News creplogle@ky3.com 2:20 p.m. CDT, August 19, 2011

KANSASCITY, Mo. - ESPN is reporting Kansas City Chiefs receiver Jonathan Baldwin will likely miss the rest of the preseason after injuring his wrist.
    The rookie did not injure it on the field, but instead during a skirmish with running back Thomas Jones in the locker room. Baldwin was the Chiefs first round selection in April out of the University of Pittsburgh. Jones rushed for nearly 900 yards last season.
    The Chiefs play at Baltimore Friday night in the second preseason game.

Sorry I can't remove the hyperlinks....

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Locker Room Fight

He was already reported to be slow in learning the offense... now this? He makes Crabtree look like Jerry Rice!
    I believe!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Can't say I'm shocked; Baldwin's maturity was a big question mark in the lead-up to the draft this year.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Ned Reynolds will have a field day with this one - and if you know who I am talking about, then you are from Springfield or the local area.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

lol Baldwin tried to get into a fight with this guy

His name is Thomas Jones and I would **** my pants if I got dragged into a fight with him. He must of punched Jones's pecs and broke his wrist in the process.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    lol Baldwin tried to get into a fight with this guy

His name is Thomas Jones and I would **** my pants if I got dragged into a fight with him. He must of punched Jones's pecs and broke his wrist in the process.
    lmfao!!!!! thats a helll of a punch there flip!

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

I know Baldwin has the height advantage over Jones, but seriously Baldwin?
    Jones is a veteran NFL player that has played hard on some bad teams and most likely commands respect from the locker room and you are a rookie with well publicised attitude issues in the build up to the draft. This is not the way to make it in the NFL.

Considering the time of the year, do you think this came out of a rookie hazing situation?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Glad we didn't draft this "can't miss" WR:

Chris Replogle, KY3 News creplogle@ky3.com 2:20 p.m. CDT, August 19, 2011
    This guy was my next-door neighbor until just a few months ago. Great friend, awesome neighbor.........but a Chiefs fan. lol
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

bltkmt is offline Registered User

Don't mess with Thomas Jones! He was well respected when on the Jets.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Who's more to blame here for an altercation that got so violent ? The cocky rook or the vet who should have known better ? Not to mention the other vet leadership in that locker room. Baldwin did come in with a rep & could be 100% to blame here but Jones is a good enough player to have stuck somewhere & he hasn't. I wonder why....

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Who's more to blame here for an altercation that got so violent ? The cocky rook or the vet who should have known better ? Not to mention the other vet leadership in that locker room. Baldwin did come in with a rep & could be 100% to blame here but Jones is a good enough player to have stuck somewhere & he hasn't. I wonder why....
    AGE would be my guess...he's 33

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    AGE would be my guess...he's 33
    Age doesn't explain 5 teams in ten years for a guy who put up really good numbers pretty much everywhere he played & stayed healthy; what's missing?

Sounds like a cocky rock met a jerk of a hard place.

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Age doesn't explain 5 teams in ten years for a guy who put up really good numbers pretty much everywhere he played & stayed healthy; what's missing?

Sounds like a cocky rock met a jerk of a hard place.
    I don't agree with your statements at all.

Drafted by Arizona, he was often injured, only rushing for 1,200 yards and 9 TDs in 3 season. He was splitting time with other backs during that time. Eventuallyhe was traded to Tampa Bay before the last year of his deal. There he backed up Michael Pittman while trying to ignite his careerm staying injury free and putting up 600 yards and 3 TDs

After the year in Tampa he was a free agent so he signed with the Bears where he was able to be a feature back for the first time. He had three successful seasons leading the Bears rushing attack, holding off 2005 draftee Cedric Benson for the starting job for two years. His rushing also helped the Bears reach the Superbowl.

He was traded to the Jets before the 2007 season for a swap of second round picks. The Bears obviously decided to go with the younger Cedric Benson at RB, however he was injured in 2007. Jones had three consecutive 1000+ yard years with the Jets. But the Jets drafted Shonn greene in 2009 and signed LaDainian Tomlinson before the 2010 season, and so Jones was released. He signed with the Chiefs but again is splitting time with Jamaal Charles

So as you can see Jones has struggled with injuries at times and has often had to deal with winning a starting job, which he has done many a time. It very much seems that it was often the drafting of a younger player that led to Jones having to move teams, or his contract expired.
    I very much doubt Jones has been kicked around the league for being arrogant or cocky. In fact he has played hard and run well despite having teams constantly drafting other guys to take over from him and replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    I don't agree with your statements at all.

Drafted by Arizona, he was often injured, only rushing for 1,200 yards and 9 TDs in 3 season. He was splitting time with other backs during that time. Eventuallyhe was traded to Tampa Bay before the last year of his deal. There he backed up Michael Pittman while trying to ignite his careerm staying injury free and putting up 600 yards and 3 TDs

After the year in Tampa he was a free agent so he signed with the Bears where he was able to be a feature back for the first time. He had three successful seasons leading the Bears rushing attack, holding off 2005 draftee Cedric Benson for the starting job for two years. His rushing also helped the Bears reach the Superbowl.

He was traded to the Jets before the 2007 season for a swap of second round picks. The Bears obviously decided to go with the younger Cedric Benson at RB, however he was injured in 2007. Jones had three consecutive 1000+ yard years with the Jets. But the Jets drafted Shonn greene in 2009 and signed LaDainian Tomlinson before the 2010 season, and so Jones was released. He signed with the Chiefs but again is splitting time with Jamaal Charles

So as you can see Jones has struggled with injuries at times and has often had to deal with winning a starting job, which he has done many a time. It very much seems that it was often the drafting of a younger player that led to Jones having to move teams, or his contract expired.
    I very much doubt Jones has been kicked around the league for being arrogant or cocky. In fact he has played hard and run well despite having teams constantly drafting other guys to take over from him and replace him.
    You make a strong argument but I don't think there's anything "obvious' about either The Bears or Jets decisions to trade/release him. Again, that's a lot of production to trade/let slip away/ gamble on being able to replace with draft picks,younger guys, or retreads. Intangibles like locker room presence factor into organizations long term commitments to a player,imo, and I think there may be some smoke there that just turned into fire when a 10 year vet gets into a fight with a first round draft pick that ends so badly.

Whichever player was at fault and why, this may well be an example of why the four pillars are important for long term stability.You can get some high return on these risky investments for the short term but eventually it will hurt you.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -08-25-2011 at 02:11 PM.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I know they said that when Jones was in Chicago, the defense lobbied for him to get time over Benson. The guy is a workhorse, but either way, Baldwin didn't stand a chance against him.