Rookie is offline Awaiting Email Conformation

Looks like Pace having a hard time finding a team.

If true this is to bad I wish nothing but the best for Pace.

Scout doesn't think Pace has much left:
    Aaron Wilson of the Carroll County Times reports as the Baltimore Ravens contemplate whether to sign free agent tackle Orlando Pace after meeting with him last week at their training complex, there's one primary, pivotal question surrounding the seven-time Pro Bowl blocker. How much football does the 33-year-old have left in him? After enduring a string of injuries over the past few seasons, including a torn thigh muscle and a damaged knee ligament last season following a season-ending shoulder injury the previous year, Pace's medical history is a potential red flag. No deal appears to be imminent with Pace at this point, but the Ravens are still regarded as the top contender to sign the former top overall draft pick. "I think Orlando has broken down physically," said Tom Marino, a retired NFL scout who worked for the Rams, New Orleans Saints, Dallas Cowboys and the Chicago Bears, in a telephone interview Monday afternoon. "When I watched him play last season, he couldn't do certain things that he could do easily in the past that made him the great player he was. He really didn't look anything like the same player anymore. "He had some problems with counter moves and different things and was out-quicked on so many things. He really didn't play very well. There's no question in my mind that the Rams would have loved to have traded him because he wasn't the answer anymore. I don't think he has much left."

Re: Looks like Pace having a hard time finding a team.

Was I supposed to post this in the General forum? I wasnt sure.

rams#1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    Was I supposed to post this in the General forum? I wasnt sure.
    Players that Are no longer with the rams should be posted about in the general disscusion forum. However Retired Rams players can be be talked about in Ram Talk due to the fact that they are no longer an active player in the NFL. Example... We can talk about Marshall Faulk in Ram Talk Because he is retired but we cannot talk about Torry Holt because he is still an active player.

Hope that helps

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Didn't know that Pace's injuries from last season were so extensive.

Sad as it is, this is looking more and more like it was a no-brainer.

thermobee is offline Registered User

I dont understand why people say that if him and torry dont find a new team, they cant come back for cheap. I mean if I was one of them and nobody wanted me I would be fine with swallowing my pride and going back to a team that Ive been a port for so long, even if I had to take a pay cut. Plus we all know that we can use both of them.

It is a matter of pride IMO.

How many times has any man went crawling back to his previous boss with his tail between his legs that fired him and ask for his job back? Yet alone a professional athlete that is a multi millionaire? Pace is not a run blocker anyway. I feel get ready for some boring but effective football.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rookie View Post
    If true this is to bad I wish nothing but the best for Pace.

Scout doesn't think Pace has much left:
    Aaron Wilson of the Carroll County Times reports as the Baltimore Ravens contemplate whether to sign free agent tackle Orlando Pace after meeting with him last week at their training complex, there's one primary, pivotal question surrounding the seven-time Pro Bowl blocker. How much football does the 33-year-old have left in him? After enduring a string of injuries over the past few seasons, including a torn thigh muscle and a damaged knee ligament last season following a season-ending shoulder injury the previous year, Pace's medical history is a potential red flag. No deal appears to be imminent with Pace at this point, but the Ravens are still regarded as the top contender to sign the former top overall draft pick. "I think Orlando has broken down physically," said Tom Marino, a retired NFL scout who worked for the Rams, New Orleans Saints, Dallas Cowboys and the Chicago Bears, in a telephone interview Monday afternoon. "When I watched him play last season, he couldn't do certain things that he could do easily in the past that made him the great player he was. He really didn't look anything like the same player anymore. "He had some problems with counter moves and different things and was out-quicked on so many things. He really didn't play very well. There's no question in my mind that the Rams would have loved to have traded him because he wasn't the answer anymore. I don't think he has much left."
    I have to admit I'm very surprised after reading this about the BIG O. I was one of the people that said get rid of Holt but try and keep Pace. It's funny how being a die-hard fan leads one to believe they have a handle on the team and individual players. From a fans eye I thought Pace still had at least a couple more years left in the tank and that meant playing at a high level.

Obviously the view from the sidelines and replaying game tapes is showing a much different outlook concerning the BIG O. Who Knew? Not me!