AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

This made me laugh

From CNNSI's Power Rankings by Dr. Z:

Jacksonville Jaguars (12-4)
    I've seen it written that this is the worst 12-4 team in the history of the playoffs. What a nasty thing to say. But it's no good trying to make friends now, is it? I've already angered everyone south of the Mace and Dixon Line by giving the Jags a big loss Saturday.
    What the Heck is the "Mace and Dixon Line"? I've heard of the Mason/Dixon Line, but never the "Mace and Dixon Line."

This tells me that either Dr. Z needs to retire, that his editor needs to be fired, or both. LOL

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: This made me laugh

You would think a CNN/SI (CNN based in Atlanta) writer would know the Mason/Dixon line!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

stefer_footballdude1 is offline Registered User

not to be mean or get in a fight with a moderator or any thing, but who rly cares? does it rly matter that much, should we not judge a man by his proper gramatical issues or by his ability to predict the future (football)?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by stefer_footballdude1
    not to be mean or get in a fight with a moderator or any thing, but who rly cares? does it rly matter that much, should we not judge a man by his proper gramatical issues
    You certainly should hope not.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by stefer_footballdude1
    not to be mean or get in a fight with a moderator or any thing, but who rly cares? does it rly matter that much, should we not judge a man by his proper gramatical issues or by his ability to predict the future (football)?
    Well, I suppose there's a level of irony involved. This guy gets paid good money to write articles....a professional writer if you will. Therefore, it would be expected that a professional writer write professionally. If he's going to use a semi-obscure reference like the Mason/Dixon line in his article, as a professional, he should at least get the reference right.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

sbramfan is offline Registered User

I like the Commercial (Fed Ex?) where he tells the guy "it's not the leaning tower of PIZZA", and "We don't get FRENCH benefits"...

and the other guy says "wait, we don't get french benefits?"

Jack_Youngblood is offline Registered User

Its 4th and goal with 3 seconds on the clock. OH MY GOD, THE BUS IS COMING, AHHHHHH OH MY GOD RUNNNNN (then Bettis comes in and slaughter all of the people at the meeting). Great commercial.