Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manning startng

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Manning startng

Okay, you're right. There was no slam intended, either direct or indirect.

And Manning will be a good QB, and it won't take him being cut by the team that drafted him, then cut by another team after spending 2 weeks on their practice squad, then another week on a 3rd team's practice squad, then spending an entire season on the sideline of the 3rd team as their backup to the backup, then upon earning the starting position go on to lead the league in interceptions to establish himself.

Yep, that Manning is going to be something else.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Don't get this one bison....

Ok, I have a question...when is it proper to give accolades to a QB that plays on the same team as Warner? It seems from these posts, that just saying Manning is going to be a heck of a QB in the league is a slam on Warner. Not saying that. Manning was the #1 draft pick. Accorsi has gone on record saying that this kid is going to be something else. The Giants have gone out and said that Manning will start at some point in time this year.

This is my problem with Warner. Not necessarily with him, he's probably the most stand up guy in the NFL. It's with fans who won't let anyone talk about anyone else. I won't post in here on this topic anymore. I'll just monitor it and let everyone else duke it out. This gets too frustrating for me.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Don't get this one bison....

Ok, I have a question...when is it proper to give accolades to a QB that plays on the same team as Warner? It seems from these posts, that just saying Manning is going to be a heck of a QB in the league is a slam on Warner. Not saying that. Manning was the #1 draft pick. Accorsi has gone on record saying that this kid is going to be something else. The Giants have gone out and said that Manning will start at some point in time this year.

This is my problem with Warner. Not necessarily with him, he's probably the most stand up guy in the NFL. It's with fans who won't let anyone talk about anyone else. I won't post in here on this topic anymore. I'll just monitor it and let everyone else duke it out. This gets too frustrating for me.
    Tx, there's no problem with stating an opinion on how good Eli is going to be. His dad was good, his brother is currently the best in the game, and he is supposed to be the most naturally talented of the family. He probably will be a top-notch QB. Also, you think he is going to be great, and I put a lot of stock in your opinion. You've shown yourself to be right a lot more often than you're wrong.

My question is why even refer to Warner in a comment of how good Manning is going to be? If the intention is to throw a compliment to Manning why must Warner even be alluded to?

Contrary to certain belief, it is not the Warnerites (man, I hate that term) that keep bringing up his name. In most cases, it is in response to a (be it ever so subtle) slam on Warner from a Bulgerite (ditto on that term).

Look, barring injury, Warner is going to be riding pine in the Big Apple when this all shakes out. I think most will agree on that. Must we continue to whip the man on his way down?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    In most cases, it is in response to a (be it ever so subtle) slam on Warner from a Bulgerite (ditto on that term).
    Welcome to the world of the Bulgerites (I agree with the dislike of the terms, BTW).
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12