RamFan_Til_I_Die is online now Registered User

Manning thinks Patriots spy on opposing teams locker rooms

From Peter King's article in SI this morning.

I've always heard, reliably, that the Colts never trusted that they were totally alone in the Colts' locker room in Foxboro, and that when Manning had something of strategic significance to say to offensive coordinator Tom Moore, they both stepped outside into the concourse outside the locker room. So if you're outside the locker room Sunday, don't be surprised to see Manning and his first-year coordinator, Christensen, huddling for a few minutes.
    More proof that the Cheatriots do anything it takes to win. When you know what the other team is going to do before they do it, you have a huge edge. Why are they allowed to get away with it all is what I want to know. Is Kraft paying off the right people in the league office to make sure things don't get investigated properly? We all know how the tapes of the Rams practices/walkthoughs they used to screw us out of a Superbowl win, mysteriously got destroyed. I wonder how much Kraft paid them to do that? I also wonder what else they do to gain an unfair edge?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Manning thinks Patriots spy on opposing teams locker rooms

Well folks that old can of worms has been officially reopened.

Bill Belicheat is going to continue to interpret any and all NFL rules the way he wants it to be. I heard he does the same thing when playing board games at home with the kids.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    More proof that the Cheatriots do anything it takes to win.
    Is this really proof? I hate the Pats as much as anyone, but it could simply be paranoia on the part of Manning. If King felt the concerns were legitimate, then he needs to either do some digging himself or alert the league so they can investigate it rather than make it a throw-away paragraph on the second page of his online article.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Goodell never should have thrown out the original spygate case like he did. I am totally convinced that there was something much bigger there, and Goodell decided to play it down as much as possible to avoid a huge uproar by NFL fans if we were to find out EVERYTHING that was really going on.

The Patriots avoided what should have been a HUGE punishment by the NFL... even former players on ESPN were saying that if they truly had those tapes and used them to gain an unfiar advantage, than they should have to forfeit any championships they won that year... including Super Bowl XXXVI.

I'll go ahead and stop here before my blood starts to boil, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Is this really proof? I hate the Pats as much as anyone, but it could simply be paranoia on the part of Manning. If King felt the concerns were legitimate, then he needs to either do some digging himself or alert the league so they can investigate it rather than make it a throw-away paragraph on the second page of his online article.
    I agree, and what you just said is what everyone said when the people said the Patsies were taping walkthroughs. Whether this gets dismissed now or after an investigation, I guess it really doesn't matter, because it'll get swept under the rug either way.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Cmon guys. This is NOT proof, merely Manning being cautious and rightly so. But what Manning fails to realize is the hidden cameras/sound recorders are actually OUTSiDE the locker room lol...

Quote Originally Posted by unorthodox1999 View Post
    Cmon guys. This is NOT proof, merely Manning being cautious and rightly so. But what Manning fails to realize is the hidden cameras/sound recorders are actually OUTSiDE the locker room lol...
    Hah could be in both places. But remember everyone said the same thing before the spy gate scandal. Didn't tak3e much digging before there was a lot of proof. This is the cheatriots were talking about. One thing that has been proven is they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I agree. At this point, it's nothing more than conjecture and hearsay. Manning might not wash his socks during winning streaks because he believes it makes his team more likely to win. That doesn't necessarily constitute proof.

Sammy Ocho Bradford is offline Registered User

Spygate was a load of crap, that was fueled by ESPN's desire to stir **** a.k.a they wanted ratings, par for the course for them.

Bill Cowher admitted on radio a few days ago that he as well had people appointed to steal signals from the stands, this is in addition to Jimmy Johnson admitting years ago it was common practice.

All these NFL individuals let it slide because they wanted no part of a witch hunt years ago.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Looks like the Cowboys were listening in to the Colts offensive meetings as well