Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    BigGameMN's Avatar
    BigGameMN is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tupelo, MS
    Age
    32
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    10

    Martz says Kitna is as good as any he has coached

    I got this from a site called mlive.com

    Martz compares Kitna to Super Bowl MVP
    A couple of interesting notes from Martz's talk today:

    --- He said Jon Kitna is not responsible for 95 percent of his turnovers and that he's not getting much help. Martz said Kitna is as good as any quarterback he has coached. When he was asked if he's comparing Kitna favorably to a Super Bowl MVP (Kurt Warner), he said. "Yes.''

    And he wasn't kidding. He then added something to the effect of "If we had Jon with that group, who knows what we would've done.''

    --- Martz said Mike Williams weighs "about'' 240 pounds and that he doesn't have the speed to be effective on the outside. Martz said Williams will still get some playing time at that spot (but I wouldn't expect to see a lot of it).


  2. #2
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    8,963
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: Martz says Kitna is as good as any he has coached

    I would hate to see this but I bet they go after Curtis big time.

  3. #3
    laram0's Avatar
    laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    57
    Posts
    9,153
    Rep Power
    107

    Re: Martz says Kitna is as good as any he has coached

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    I got this from a site called mlive.com

    Martz compares Kitna to Super Bowl MVP
    A couple of interesting notes from Martz's talk today:

    --- He said Jon Kitna is not responsible for 95 percent of his turnovers and that he's not getting much help. Martz said Kitna is as good as any quarterback he has coached. When he was asked if he's comparing Kitna favorably to a Super Bowl MVP (Kurt Warner), he said. "Yes.''

    And he wasn't kidding. He then added something to the effect of "If we had Jon with that group, who knows what we would've done.''

    --- Martz said Mike Williams weighs "about'' 240 pounds and that he doesn't have the speed to be effective on the outside. Martz said Williams will still get some playing time at that spot (but I wouldn't expect to see a lot of it).
    MM hittin' the pipe again?:x

  4. #4
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,300
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: Martz says Kitna is as good as any he has coached

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I would hate to see this but I bet they go after Curtis big time.
    Agreed. If Curtis hits the open market, Detroit will likely make a big push for him.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  5. #5
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,242
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: Martz says Kitna is as good as any he has coached

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    Martz said Kitna is as good as any quarterback he has coached. When he was asked if he's comparing Kitna favorably to a Super Bowl MVP (Kurt Warner), he said. "Yes.''

    And he wasn't kidding. He then added something to the effect of "If we had Jon with that group, who knows what we would've done.''
    This is typical Martzspeak. He's pumping up his present QB and did the same thing a few years ago when he more or less said that Bulger was the best QB he had ever coached. If he was to go to, say Arizona, you would hear the same rhetoric about Matt Leinart.

  6. #6
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Here
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,406
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: Martz says Kitna is as good as any he has coached

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    This is typical Martzspeak. He's pumping up his present QB and did the same thing a few years ago when he more or less said that Bulger was the best QB he had ever coached. If he was to go to, say Arizona, you would hear the same rhetoric about Matt Leinart.
    Exactly, what else is he supposed to say.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE


  7. #7
    DieHard23's Avatar
    DieHard23 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    St. Peters
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: Martz says Kitna is as good as any he has coached

    Martz has to be one of the best quarterback coaches in the history of anything, not to mention the architect of the best 3-year offensive stretch in history. i think he knows just what he's doing as far as kitna goes.

  8. #8
    BigGameMN's Avatar
    BigGameMN is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tupelo, MS
    Age
    32
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Martz says Kitna is as good as any he has coached

    Quote Originally Posted by DieHard23 View Post
    Martz has to be one of the best quarterback coaches in the history of anything, not to mention the architect of the best 3-year offensive stretch in history. i think he knows just what he's doing as far as kitna goes.
    The majority of Lion's fans don't think so. They won't Kitna out of there, and I can't blame them. He's on pace to throw for over 30 Int's this season. There's a reason this guy has never been able to hold onto a job.

  9. #9
    moklerman's Avatar
    moklerman is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,597
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: Martz says Kitna is as good as any he has coached

    I would obviously have to defer to Martz's knowledge of the situation but I've been watching Detroit this year and all I see from Kitna is a qb who doesn't make quick decisions and forces the ball to receivers that are double covered. I've always thought that Kitna was a good(not great) qb who plays solid football when given the chance. After watching him in Detroit this year I think my impression was inaccurate. At the very least, he doesn't seem suited to the Martz offense.

    On a side note, I've been really impressed with Mike Furrey and in retrospect, would have liked to have seen him stick with the Rams somehow. He's a darn good #2 WR and I'm glad for his success.

  10. #10
    ramsanddodgers's Avatar
    ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Arroyo Grande, CA
    Age
    58
    Posts
    2,256
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: Martz says Kitna is as good as any he has coached

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    The majority of Lion's fans don't think so. They won't Kitna out of there, and I can't blame them. He's on pace to throw for over 30 Int's this season. There's a reason this guy has never been able to hold onto a job.
    I thought it was the propensity for fumbles with his reportedly "undersized" hands ...

    RnD
    GO RAMS!!

  11. #11
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,550
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: Martz says Kitna is as good as any he has coached

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    This is typical Martzspeak. He's pumping up his present QB and did the same thing a few years ago when he more or less said that Bulger was the best QB he had ever coached. If he was to go to, say Arizona, you would hear the same rhetoric about Matt Leinart.
    Exactly! What coach in his right mind would answer any other way?

    Reporter: Is your present QB as good as any you've coached before?

    Coach: Heck no! This guy sucks bad! He's nowhere near as good as this other guy I had a few years ago with that team that just fired me a year ago.


    Sounds a little silly, doesn't it?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •