BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Martz says Kitna is as good as any he has coached

I got this from a site called mlive.com

Martz compares Kitna to Super Bowl MVP
    A couple of interesting notes from Martz's talk today:

--- He said Jon Kitna is not responsible for 95 percent of his turnovers and that he's not getting much help. Martz said Kitna is as good as any quarterback he has coached. When he was asked if he's comparing Kitna favorably to a Super Bowl MVP (Kurt Warner), he said. "Yes.''

And he wasn't kidding. He then added something to the effect of "If we had Jon with that group, who knows what we would've done.''

--- Martz said Mike Williams weighs "about'' 240 pounds and that he doesn't have the speed to be effective on the outside. Martz said Williams will still get some playing time at that spot (but I wouldn't expect to see a lot of it).

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Martz says Kitna is as good as any he has coached

I would hate to see this but I bet they go after Curtis big time.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    I got this from a site called mlive.com

Martz compares Kitna to Super Bowl MVP
    A couple of interesting notes from Martz's talk today:

--- He said Jon Kitna is not responsible for 95 percent of his turnovers and that he's not getting much help. Martz said Kitna is as good as any quarterback he has coached. When he was asked if he's comparing Kitna favorably to a Super Bowl MVP (Kurt Warner), he said. "Yes.''

And he wasn't kidding. He then added something to the effect of "If we had Jon with that group, who knows what we would've done.''

--- Martz said Mike Williams weighs "about'' 240 pounds and that he doesn't have the speed to be effective on the outside. Martz said Williams will still get some playing time at that spot (but I wouldn't expect to see a lot of it).
    MM hittin' the pipe again?:x

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I would hate to see this but I bet they go after Curtis big time.
    Agreed. If Curtis hits the open market, Detroit will likely make a big push for him.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Martz said Kitna is as good as any quarterback he has coached. When he was asked if he's comparing Kitna favorably to a Super Bowl MVP (Kurt Warner), he said. "Yes.''

This is typical Martzspeak. He's pumping up his present QB and did the same thing a few years ago when he more or less said that Bulger was the best QB he had ever coached. If he was to go to, say Arizona, you would hear the same rhetoric about Matt Leinart.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    This is typical Martzspeak. He's pumping up his present QB and did the same thing a few years ago when he more or less said that Bulger was the best QB he had ever coached. If he was to go to, say Arizona, you would hear the same rhetoric about Matt Leinart.
    Exactly, what else is he supposed to say.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

DieHard23 is offline Registered User

Martz has to be one of the best quarterback coaches in the history of anything, not to mention the architect of the best 3-year offensive stretch in history. i think he knows just what he's doing as far as kitna goes.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard23 View Post
    Martz has to be one of the best quarterback coaches in the history of anything, not to mention the architect of the best 3-year offensive stretch in history. i think he knows just what he's doing as far as kitna goes.
    The majority of Lion's fans don't think so. They won't Kitna out of there, and I can't blame them. He's on pace to throw for over 30 Int's this season. There's a reason this guy has never been able to hold onto a job.

moklerman is offline Registered User

I would obviously have to defer to Martz's knowledge of the situation but I've been watching Detroit this year and all I see from Kitna is a qb who doesn't make quick decisions and forces the ball to receivers that are double covered. I've always thought that Kitna was a good(not great) qb who plays solid football when given the chance. After watching him in Detroit this year I think my impression was inaccurate. At the very least, he doesn't seem suited to the Martz offense.

On a side note, I've been really impressed with Mike Furrey and in retrospect, would have liked to have seen him stick with the Rams somehow. He's a darn good #2 WR and I'm glad for his success.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

The majority of Lion's fans don't think so. They won't Kitna out of there, and I can't blame them. He's on pace to throw for over 30 Int's this season. There's a reason this guy has never been able to hold onto a job.
    I thought it was the propensity for fumbles with his reportedly "undersized" hands ...

RnD
    GO RAMS!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Exactly! What coach in his right mind would answer any other way?

Reporter: Is your present QB as good as any you've coached before?

Coach: Heck no! This guy sucks bad! He's nowhere near as good as this other guy I had a few years ago with that team that just fired me a year ago.

Sounds a little silly, doesn't it?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod