Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    tanus is offline Registered User

Re: Martz is starting goofy stuff in Detroit already

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman
    Why doesn't anyone like me?
    :sad:

I'll use small type as to not offend anyone's sensibilities.

OK....I have erected a shrine to Martz....I have my Half Lions-Half Rams jersey ordered with Martz's name on it. He is GOD. He got a Super bowl win FOR Vermeil. Vermeil should have kissed Martz's shoes during the Super bowl celebration. Afterall, it was Martz that saved the Rams after the Super Bowl. All the other teams in the NFL are stupid idiots for not hiring Martz as their new Head Coach. Lovie was a defensive moron (The Bears are such pathetic idiots for hiring him). Thank god Martz canned him for all the stupid defensive moves he made. And the front office is to blame for the hiring of Marmie, afterall, Martz just mentioned it in passing, didn't push for the hiring of his old buddy. The front office shouldn't have listened, since it was Martz that came up with the Lovie hiring....oh wait...that was a bad hiring, right? OH, WOW....How could I be such a mental defective. OHHHHHHHH.....the win/loss record.....how could I have been so blind? The so called steady decline of the Rams under his leadership was all an illusion and a knucklehead claim on my part. That's right, lets blame that on the assisitant coaches and front office for letting all of Martz's boys leave the team. Not his fault. Afterall, he got us back to the Super Bowl. The damn officials took that win away from us. I wish he was back. Please bring him back! What do I know? Right? After all, I never met the man supposedly at UOP in Stockton. I must not be a real Rams fan. How dare I. Let me apologize to your superior wisdom and insight. I'm just not worthy to discuss this subject. Sorry, sorry, sorry! I can't argue with such superlative minds that ALWAYS find an excuse to love that man Martz. ALL HAIL CAESAR! Now excuse me, I think I'll go throw up.

P.S. Tanus...the apology doesn't apply to you since you have never added anything substantive to this dialog

thats fine, I'LL JUST START TYPING IN ALL CAPS!

bigredman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tanus
    thats fine, I'LL JUST START TYPING IN ALL CAPS!
    Again thank you for proving my point. God...it's like arguing with all the Barry Bonds apologists in San Francisco.

i'll tell ya what, when you actually post something worth my time i'll actully spend some time and contribute to the debate. when you try and disprove facts its simply not worth my time. you'll notice the other posters came to the same conclusion as me.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Ok, BRM first off, decaf is a wonderful tool to use when edginess creeps into our system.

Anyway, no one has said a shrine needs to be built to Martz. I pointed out several areas where MM's shortcomings were consequences to the Rams on the field. However, to think Vermeil was the greatest thing since slice bread is an area that needs to be addressed. Yes, his vision was great for the 1999 squad but prior to that the Rams record under Vermeil was very suspect. Vermeil's best attribute was his ability to listen to his associates and allow them to do what they do best. Because of that, I feel you can point to that attribute and hang a star on it as it may have been the key point in our championship run.

I really don't think any HC in the league has the be all/end all say in every aspect of the team. If that were the case, there would be no salary cap as HC's would want to break the bank getting whatever top talent they could. Ok, I'll give you the Marmie fiasco. However, when players get to this level.....do they really need to be shown how to tackle? I'm not a coach, never claimed to be. I would think they would have learned those techniques at least in HS and college.

I'm not waving the Martz banner, saying please come back. I'm grounded enough to know that his time here in STL is over. However, to just dismiss his accomplishments because of what happened at the end of his career in STL is not valid. Just as to praise Vermeil for what he did in STL and not look at the point of his record prior to 1999 is not valid.

Objectivity and Martz really doesn't go hand in hand. I realize that. Maybe I'm just trying to show some insight and what the man actually brought to the Rams table.

Drew4EverRams Guest

in defense of Dick he had a three year plan and in his third year he brought home the bacon!

he didnt do it alone obviously but the state of the rams was as poor as in most fans living memory,he didnt solve the problem alone or overnight,lets not forget he did draft some busts aswell as some gems!
    i think the combo of Vermeil as HC and Martz as OC was the offensive equivalent of Ditka&Ryan, neither combo with roles reversed as in the co-ordinators being the HC`s and vice versa or any single part of the combo would have won the SB on their own!

Heres to the new era of Linehan& Haslett!:drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Drew4EverRams
    in defense of Dick he had a three year plan and in his third year he brought home the bacon!
    Good point. He also had the same 3 year plan in Philly that transformed the hapless Eagles into a team that went to the playoffs 4 years in a row, as well as a Super Bowl appearance. The man knew how to construct a team from day 1 in the NFL.

He just couldn't do it with the hated Chiefs. If the man had to fail, SF would be the only other place I would want that to happen.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    He just couldn't do it with the hated Chiefs. If the man had to fail, SF would be the only other place I would want that to happen.
    Not sure he "failed" in KC. The same 3 year plan got the Chiefs to a 13-3 record and the playoffs. But we digress. I'm sure BRM will get things back on track.

bigredman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Ok, BRM first off, decaf is a wonderful tool to use when edginess creeps into our system.
    Had a bad week for sure. Sorry for getting all melodramatic on you guys. A certain sanctimonious member riding the coat tails of other's posts likes to throw stones without sticking his own neck out. I hate cowards. Secondly, in my "sensitive" state, I perceived that in order to make their point to bolster Martz, that Vermeil and Lovie were being unfairly attacked, blamed, and given no credit and made the scape goat (kind of what I was doing to Martz in return!)

Anyway, no one has said a shrine needs to be built to Martz. I pointed out several areas where MM's shortcomings were consequences to the Rams on the field. However, to think Vermeil was the greatest thing since slice bread is an area that needs to be addressed. Yes, his vision was great for the 1999 squad but prior to that the Rams record under Vermeil was very suspect. Vermeil's best attribute was his ability to listen to his associates and allow them to do what they do best. Because of that, I feel you can point to that attribute and hang a star on it as it may have been the key point in our championship run.

I really don't think any HC in the league has the be all/end all say in every aspect of the team. If that were the case, there would be no salary cap as HC's would want to break the bank getting whatever top talent they could. Ok, I'll give you the Marmie fiasco. However, when players get to this level.....do they really need to be shown how to tackle? I'm not a coach, never claimed to be. I would think they would have learned those techniques at least in HS and college.

I'm not waving the Martz banner, saying please come back. I'm grounded enough to know that his time here in STL is over. However, to just dismiss his accomplishments because of what happened at the end of his career in STL is not valid. Just as to praise Vermeil for what he did in STL and not look at the point of his record prior to 1999 is not valid.

Objectivity and Martz really doesn't go hand in hand. I realize that. Maybe I'm just trying to show some insight and what the man actually brought to the Rams table.
    Exactly. As I stated in other posts before I lost my mind, Martz is a brilliant offensive coach. Not many are as innovative as him when it comes to drawing up the X and O's. A man like that belongs up in the booth, not on the sidelines. When the media started throwing that "genius" label around regarding him, I saw his personality and coaching tendencies change. Too bad. He could had gone down with the great ones.
    Last edited by bigredman; -05-13-2006 at 12:33 AM.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bigredman
    Why doesn't anyone like me?
    :sad:
    They like Martz and you, in that order.

Seriously dude, you are ok. Sometimes, though, you are just wrong. No worries, it happens to the best of us.

ForEveryRamThatEarnsRegard

bigredman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter

Seriously dude, you are ok. Sometimes, though, you are just wrong. No worries, it happens to the best of us.
    Love the play on my signature. CLASSIC!

As to me being wrong.....I like to think of it as being "different".

im not a coward dude, i just didnt feel like wasting my time on you. big difference.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Can't we all just get along? Maybe you two can arm wrestle at the bash. lol

Naw, arm wrestling isn't what is needed here. A game of washers at 7 AM with 3 bloody mary's down the hatch should be the tonic for an epic battle.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    Ferter, I don't think you're getting the credit you deserve on this one. That's just freakin' funny right there.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast